Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 18, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #9,062 of 19,121
I am sad to say I am sending my Poly back for a refund... After a week of trying, nobody has come up with a way for me to play my Tidal downloads from my S8+, unless I use the low res SBC bluetooth, which sounds awful.... but is so easy to connect to!
The Chord manual specifically states that Tidal and Spotify are fully integrated with Poly, which isn't true, and it's the reason I pulled the trigger. It's really dissappointing, because the £500 for no wire was more than worth it for me.

I love my Mojo, so will have to live with a wired connection, and wait for Chord to get the Tidal integration sorted out... and the Gofigure app, for Android.... maybe.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why Poly wasn't built with Aptx or Aptx-HD bluetooth connection?

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #9,063 of 19,121
I am sad to say I am sending my Poly back for a refund... After a week of trying, nobody has come up with a way for me to play my Tidal downloads from my S8+, unless I use the low res SBC bluetooth, which sounds awful.... but is so easy to connect to!
The Chord manual specifically states that Tidal and Spotify are fully integrated with Poly, which isn't true, and it's the reason I pulled the trigger. It's really dissappointing, because the £500 for no wire was more than worth it for me.

I love my Mojo, so will have to live with a wired connection, and wait for Chord to get the Tidal integration sorted out... and the Gofigure app, for Android.... maybe.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why Poly wasn't built with Aptx or Aptx-HD bluetooth connection?
Please try info@chordelectronics.co.uk we should be able to get you up and running

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #9,064 of 19,121
Please try info@chordelectronics.co.uk we should be able to get you up and running
Thanks, John. I have been in contact with one of your guys, Mitch, and they said it isn't an option right now, to play Tidal downloads using Poly..... but it is being worked on! I am happy to wait for it though.

As mentioned in my previous post, is there going to be high res blue tooth incorporated in the future?

Thanks.
Lee

PS. thanks for making the Hugo 2... it is awesome!!

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #9,065 of 19,121
A quick Mojo and Hugo 2 question... When I play from Tidal's windows desktop app to either of the amps, using USB, the sample frequency colour is red, suggesting 44.1 kHz..... but when I play the same songs to both amps via a USB from my Galaxy S8+, the sample frequency clour is dark blue, suggesting 192 kHz. Anyone else noticed anything similar? I'm sure the high sample isn't true, as tidal is 44.1 kHz, as far as I can tell.... apart from MQA files, of course.
Thanks.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #9,066 of 19,121
A quick Mojo and Hugo 2 question... When I play from Tidal's windows desktop app to either of the amps, using USB, the sample frequency colour is red, suggesting 44.1 kHz..... but when I play the same songs to both amps via a USB from my Galaxy S8+, the sample frequency clour is dark blue, suggesting 192 kHz. Anyone else noticed anything similar? I'm sure the high sample isn't true, as tidal is 44.1 kHz, as far as I can tell.... apart from MQA files, of course.
Thanks.
Check your phone/app settings, because I think the default android setting is to upscale. Read the faq in post #3 of the Mojo thread.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #9,067 of 19,121
Thanks.

Some tidal albums are higher bitrate than 44.1

Tidal Masters are definetly higher than 44.1khz, think they are 24bit 96khz possibly higher ?

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #9,068 of 19,121

Tidal Masters are definetly higher than 44.1khz, think they are 24bit 96khz possibly higher ?

Nope.. I was looking into this recently. The highest I managed to get to was orange:wink:

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #9,069 of 19,121
so what you think is wrong with my network, instead of something being wrong with the poly?

I can promise that the network is setup correct as my daily business is It professional and the unifi mesh is some of the best hardware on the market today which allows to stream 4k video to every corner oft the house.

I'll try the iphone hotspot , regardless to the matter that i think it is useless.
but i welcome you trying to help.
but if the poly is not able to update in a normal enviroment it stays crap in my opinion and will go back to where it came, if it updates or not

iphone hotspot didn't work out same as before.
so before this poly hits the wall it finds it way back to where it came from

A lot of people were having issues with their network setups, some of which Chord resolved in firmware updates, others in assisting the users directly. I'd take up the offer of Matt from Chord, in contacting them first, as it may be a simple solution for them to resolve (fingers crossed for you).

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #9,070 of 19,121
I am not sure if this is a Glider issue or a Poly issue (I think the former). I have a 256 gb SD card, Go Figure says there are 1.44k songs, however when Glider says 2.4k and even when I resent it it stays the same. I renewed theD LNA data base via figure but this does not change the number on Glider. I also get some duplicates in glider and some albums that I know re there are missing. I assume ti is an issue with eh database on the SD card. Should I just delete it fully then let Gofigure make a new DLNA data base?

On another note, I see people commenting that they are disappointed that Tidal will not play in a higher resolution than 44k, but since it is through either bluetooth or airplay I always thought that was the limit of resolution you could get from your phone, and that the only way to listen to higher resolutions was on the SD card. Am I wrong with his notion. If I am it would be nice to play Tidal at higher res.

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #9,071 of 19,121
I am not sure if this is a Glider issue or a Poly issue (I think the former). I have a 256 gb SD card, Go Figure says there are 1.44k songs, however when Glider says 2.4k and even when I resent it it stays the same. I renewed theD LNA data base via figure but this does not change the number on Glider. I also get some duplicates in glider and some albums that I know re there are missing. I assume ti is an issue with eh database on the SD card. Should I just delete it fully then let Gofigure make a new DLNA data base?

On another note, I see people commenting that they are disappointed that Tidal will not play in a higher resolution than 44k, but since it is through either bluetooth or airplay I always thought that was the limit of resolution you could get from your phone, and that the only way to listen to higher resolutions was on the SD card. Am I wrong with his notion. If I am it would be nice to play Tidal at higher res.

Nope. From the horse's mouth:

What is the difference between HiFi quality and Master quality?

HiFi audio is a superior sound, but is still limited in its resolution—44.1 kHz /16 bit.
TIDAL has partnered with MQA to deliver something infinitely better: an authenticated and unbroken version (typically 96 kHz / 24 bit) with the highest-possible resolution—as flawless as it sounded in the mastering suite. And exactly as the artist intended it to sound.

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #9,072 of 19,121

My understanding is that Tidal offers MQA/ Master recordings via the desktop app only at full resolution to those with MQA enabled DACs. For those without such DACs, software incorporated in the app allows those files to be played at up to 24/96 Res. However I've also been able to find recordings in Tidal's Android app that are labelled "hi-Res" and play at 24/48 (orange on the Mojo!) so I'm not quite sure what's going on.
I believe stock Android, for reasons best known to Google, upsamples automatically to 192 kHz (Mojo dark blue). If you want to play a digital music file via USB at it's native resolution, then you need to have a device/ install an app that bypasses the Android default. I recently started using USB Audio Player Pro which I bought from the PlayStore for $9.99. it supports streaming audio from Google musiic and Qobuz as well as Tidal.

Edit: To clarify, I unfortunately dropped my mojo/poly on a floor recently, and damaged the perspex housing the WiFi. it's in for repair, so I'm back to using the Mojo via USB, this time via Android rather than iOS. Trying to understand playing digital music via Android has been an education!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #9,073 of 19,121
Nope. From the horse's mouth:

What is the difference between HiFi quality and Master quality?

HiFi audio is a superior sound, but is still limited in its resolution—44.1 kHz /16 bit.
TIDAL has partnered with MQA to deliver something infinitely better: an authenticated and unbroken version (typically 96 kHz / 24 bit) with the highest-possible resolution—as flawless as it sounded in the mastering suite. And exactly as the artist intended it to sound.

I understand that and I use that when I play Tidal from my desktop DIRECTLY connected to my DAC. What I was saying is that using POLY, via bluetooth or airplay, I do not think it goes any higher than 44k, even if Tidal has it at a higher resolution. This is a limitation of airplay/bluetooth as far as I understand.

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #9,075 of 19,121
Hi,
I was going to give MPDluxe a shot. but can't figure out how to get the app to connect to poly, the app is asking for "MPD Server Details" "host name/address" and "Port"
where do i find these?
Thanks in advance

For the host name you can use what ever you called the Poly with .local behind it. So for instance if you called it Moly the Hostname would be Moly.local Port number is 6600 no password needed.

Alternatively you can find the IP address if you don't want to use the Hostname and that can be found inside GoFigure or by using an IP Scanner app on your phone like Fing or IP Scanner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back