Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #8,731 of 18,790
Here is a problem report.

As I previously said that Quickplay works with DSD file, I found that there will be some random sparkling sound every 4~5 seconds when I am playing a DSD. When those strange sounds happen, the output indication light (should be white for DSD) changes its colour. It is too quick but I think it turn into blue or something.

Is it not supposed to play DSD via Quickplay? Or is there any problem in my Poly (or Mojo)?

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #8,733 of 18,790
Sorry Matt I had not made the setup clear - my bad. I was using the GoFigure quickplay option using Bluetooth control. Audio being direct from Poly no wi-if or Bluetooth in audio transmission.
However, I saw your suggestion about downloading the app from AppStore so did that and a fresh reset and it appears to be playing fine now. Hopefully that will be the same result during tomorrow’s rush hour commute
@Matt Bartlett

Hi Matt,

I think I have sussed the intermittency of the clicks in quickplay. If you start Poly & Gofigure in quickplay mode (Wi-Fi not used and bluetooth control to read playlists etc.) the setting of the Airplane/Bluetooth is not checked. The 6 second click will be audible until you set/reset the Airplane/Bluetooth control again.

Ideally if the Airplane/Bluetooth control is set on startup then the Bluetooth scan service should be disabled, less preferable is that the default start position of the control is off to match the fact the service is active. Current case is that on startup the control can indicate the service being off when it's still on and user experiences the clicks.

Once I'd established the cause I had the longest uninterrupted and error free commute using Poly. With Wi-Fi off and Airplay mode in Gofigure there was no interference from other Wi-Fi or Bluetooth servers/devices on the train or the tube and that included rush hour at London Kings Cross and passing through Liverpool Street. With the amount of commuters using phones, Wi-Fi and headphones that's quite impressive.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #8,734 of 18,790
I can no longer get Poly Hot spot mode working since gofigure. I can select hotspot mode and see the poly in my Wi-fi. I connect to it and the Chord poly page appears. I try and navigate to my iTunes or glider player and the minute I do it disconnects from the hotspot and the Chord splash page closes.

I feel like I’m doing something very basic wrong. Poly hotspot worked fine before.

What and I doing wrong?
Is it related to this?

https://www.head-fi.org/posts/14161394/

Playing Bluetooth and having Gofigure open are mutually exclusive - you can only do one or the other at any one time.
Are you sure gf is closed down and your actually playing music via WiFi rather than Bluetooth?

I prob barking up wrong tree.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #8,735 of 18,790
It's not actually my method, it's what resulted when Chord (Matt) took me through a troubleshooting process. It seems like letting your unit drain the battery is working for some. I would really encourage you to contact Chord to troubleshoot this with you. They're the experts and it also give them more of a database for future firmware updates etc....And in my case I ended up having to disconnect the battery to reset it although perhaps just letting the battery die may have done the trick.
Thank you, Fordski, sorry for my earlier name spell. I did contact Chord, I was also thinking to disconnect my battery. Until my battery drains I have to wait and I was thinking what if it doesn't work?! Then I saw here posts about "your method" and I thought I could ask for some help from you, thanks for reply. Now I'm at work and Poly is home, should be fine by now, but who knows?! :)

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #8,736 of 18,790
Yes, now I recall. I did that before following @JeremyLaurenson's instructions (I wonder too if the hybrid mode would work as well to preserve web usage while in hotspot mode?). So when I set Poly-nnnn Auto-join to on & the Auto-Login to off, I was able to play my music in Glider :) but I could only do so using DLNA (ChordPlayer with the speaker icon). Sometimes (but not all the time) I could select MPD (ChordPlayer with the Poly icon) but not hear any music. I need to get MPD for hi-res playback. Do you get the similar results?

Hybrid mode is just the hotspot mode of the Poly with amended ip settings - auto mode blocks internet, manual mode adjusted as per Jeremy's instruction allows a pass through to the internet (the phone may still say no internet but it does work, as does App store etc).

Phone Hotspot - this allows both your phone and devices connected to it to access the internet.

I use glider only with the Poly icon as the speaker one restricts the playback to airplay max (44.1) - I have hi-res files playing fine in Glider and have not used MPD much at all.

My commute setup is now:

GoFigure app with Wi-Fi disabled on phone and Poly (Airplay mode activated in GoFigure app). I have created a full playlist for now and just play it shuffled using the quickplay page controls, just have to remember to unset/reset the Airplay control on startup to deactivate the Poly Bluetooth scan (otherwise I get a click every 6 seconds - hopefully a bug to be fixed soon).

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #8,737 of 18,790
Here is a problem report.

As I previously said that Quickplay works with DSD file, I found that there will be some random sparkling sound every 4~5 seconds when I am playing a DSD. When those strange sounds happen, the output indication light (should be white for DSD) changes its colour. It is too quick but I think it turn into blue or something.

Is it not supposed to play DSD via Quickplay? Or is there any problem in my Poly (or Mojo)?

I am getting the same sort of corruption playing flac files in Quickplay and have a workaround.

If you are using quickplay to play DSD from the sdcard, try switching the Airplane/Bluetooth mode control in GoFigure.

If the control is off turn it to on and see if the sounds stop, if the control was on when you switched Poly on then switch it off and on again.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #8,738 of 18,790
Bugs reporting, the fonts go out of my iPhone 8!

JkQnBHS.jpg
This happens on iPod Touch as well. The bottom line of the final screen is obscured as well.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #8,739 of 18,790
@Matt Bartlett

Hi Matt,

I think I have sussed the intermittency of the clicks in quickplay. If you start Poly & Gofigure in quickplay mode (Wi-Fi not used and bluetooth control to read playlists etc.) the setting of the Airplane/Bluetooth is not checked. The 6 second click will be audible until you set/reset the Airplane/Bluetooth control again.

Ideally if the Airplane/Bluetooth control is set on startup then the Bluetooth scan service should be disabled, less preferable is that the default start position of the control is off to match the fact the service is active. Current case is that on startup the control can indicate the service being off when it's still on and user experiences the clicks.

Once I'd established the cause I had the longest uninterrupted and error free commute using Poly. With Wi-Fi off and Airplay mode in Gofigure there was no interference from other Wi-Fi or Bluetooth servers/devices on the train or the tube and that included rush hour at London Kings Cross and passing through Liverpool Street. With the amount of commuters using phones, Wi-Fi and headphones that's quite impressive.

Hi Stevie,
Thanks for the update and glad to hear Poly/Gofigure is working well for you on your commute.
I'm not sure I quite understand your feedback regarding the Airplane mode setting. If you turn Airplane mode on so that WiFi is disabled then Poly remains like this until you change it back again via Gofigure.
I don't think you would necessarily want Airplane mode to activate if you start the Quickplay function but I think I understand that is what you are asking for.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #8,740 of 18,790
Glider seems to be experiencing quite a lot of issues with modes being switched so quickly. Music would keep on playing but Glider fails to discover Poly on the network. Hopefully things can get optimised a little:)

If you send me a PM with some more details, I'll try and duplicate it on my end to see if it's a Glider issue.

So from what I've managed to figure out I suspect that playlists created by glider use a network rather than local file path for each item, which is why they fail in Bluetooth / Airplane mode.

@joe28 can you confirm?

Yes, Glider indexes the Poly library using the DLNA media server, which means we only have access to a network location for each file. The obvious solution here would be to index the library using MPD instead of DLNA, which would provide access to each local file path, but then we wouldn't be able to recover any missing metadata or high resolution artwork since MPD does not offer any mechanism to retrieve a file's contents.

We're currently investigating if there are any other possible solutions.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #8,741 of 18,790
Hi Stevie,
Thanks for the update and glad to hear Poly/Gofigure is working well for you on your commute.
I'm not sure I quite understand your feedback regarding the Airplane mode setting. If you turn Airplane mode on so that WiFi is disabled then Poly remains like this until you change it back again via Gofigure.
I don't think you would necessarily want Airplane mode to activate if you start the Quickplay function but I think I understand that is what you are asking for.
Hi Matt,

When I turned my Poly on this morning and opened Quickplay the music started - great just what I want. However, there were those clicks again - I checked the GoFigure settings and Airplane mode was on. Since my job is software and I'm an IT Crowd fan I turned the setting off & on again and the clicks stopped. Based on experience I would deduce that the setting is left on and persists on a reboot of Poly, but at startup Poly assumes it is off and contradicts the visual setting (hence the off & on operation then set airplane mode correctly once more). Am I 100% sure, no as I don't have the source code, but I'm quite adept at pointing out to coders where they have failed to initialise their code or app settings hundreds of times and I would cover those options in my specifications when I design.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #8,742 of 18,790
I am having a hardtime getting poly to recognise m3u playlists.

I put a load of music on my exfat sd card, i just copied and pasted them into the main directory of my sd card.

For me the sd card root is L: and my albums folders and single songs are just pasted into L:

So what it looks like is L: album folders and songs.

I open JRiver and import all the files into jriver and then I create an m3u playlist simple version, poly sees the playlist name but it doesnt play music or sees the songs.

So I deleted the playlist and created another m3u playlist, this time it was an extended m3u playlist, same thing happened, quickplay sees the playlist name but it doesnt see the songs or allow playback.

So far the only playlists that I can get to work in gofigure quick play are the ones that are made manually within glider, but I have thousands upon thousands of songs on the sd card and no way am I going through them one by one and manually adding them to a glider playlist, it would take too long.

It would be great if glider was to get an option to automatically add your entire music library into a single playlist in one go.

Also, i am unsure if glider supports bitperfect playback ? as when using glider if I touch the iphone volume buttons it turns the volume up or down. I thought if poly is set to bitperfect then only mojo can control the volume ?

In 8player the volume can only be controlled by mojo, if I try the volume buttons on my iphone when using 8player they have no effect.

I presume the reason it does that in 8player is because 8player allows poly to be the renderer ? Or am I totally wrong ?

But the real problem I am having just now is getting a jriver created playlist to work in gofigure quick play.

Jriver lets me create different types of playlists so I can go through the different types one by one to find out which type works, but I thougt m3u playlists were the type that poly works with ?

Also, when I make a playlist in glider and use quick play on gofigure, some songs are named like this blah blah 192.168.xxx.xxx media blah blah port 8200 etc, I think thats caused by gofigure and not glider.

Now onto a possible bug with poly ?

I will probably never use bluetooth playback but it is there if I need it, anyway, I set a pass code for BT in gofigure and then I enabled bluetooth on my phone.

I went to settings/bluetooth on my phone and I saw the phone scanning for new devices, it found poly and as soon as I selected poly to input the pass code, I get an error saying poly took to long to connect and it times out within seconds and poly then disappears from the list of devices. i have to turn off BT and turn it back on again on my phone for It to detect poly again.

After the phone sees poly and when I select it to begin the pairing process, I get roughly 1 maybe 2 seconds to input the pass code before it times out, most times it timed out before even showing the passcode screen.

I did eventually get it to pair, but I had to be super ninja fast at selecting poly and stupid fast to enter the passcode.

Possible bug ?

Can anyone help with regards to the playlist problem ? also can someone clue me in with regards to the differences between glider and 8player and why my phones volume buttons work on glider but dont work on 8player.

I would like to add that I can see the potential in gofigure, given time and if Chord added a fully fledged music player to it, it could make it our go to app for everything poly related and possibly 2go related.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #8,743 of 18,790
I can no longer get Poly Hot spot mode working since gofigure. I can select hotspot mode and see the poly in my Wi-fi. I connect to it and the Chord poly page appears. I try and navigate to my iTunes or glider player and the minute I do it disconnects from the hotspot and the Chord splash page closes.

I feel like I’m doing something very basic wrong. Poly hotspot worked fine before.

What am I doing wrong?

Tap the (I) next tot he poly network and turn off "Auto Login" and make sure "Auto Join" is on.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #8,744 of 18,790
Can anyone help with regards to the playlist problem ? also can someone clue me in with regards to the differences between glider and 8player and why my phones volume buttons work on glider but dont work on 8player.

The Poly exposes a software volume control over DLNA and MPD, and Glider will always allow the user to use the software volume control when present. I believe you'll need to keep the software volume at 100% to enable true bit-perfect playback on the Poly.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #8,745 of 18,790
I am having a hardtime getting poly to recognise m3u playlists.

I put a load of music on my exfat sd card, i just copied and pasted them into the main directory of my sd card.

For me the sd card root is L: and my albums folders and single songs are just pasted into L:

So what it looks like is L: album folders and songs.

I open JRiver and import all the files into jriver and then I create an m3u playlist simple version, poly sees the playlist name but it doesnt play music or sees the songs.

So I deleted the playlist and created another m3u playlist, this time it was an extended m3u playlist, same thing happened, quickplay sees the playlist name but it doesnt see the songs or allow playback.

So far the only playlists that I can get to work in gofigure quick play are the ones that are made manually within glider, but I have thousands upon thousands of songs on the sd card and no way am I going through them one by one and manually adding them to a glider playlist, it would take too long.

It would be great if glider was to get an option to automatically add your entire music library into a single playlist in one go.

Also, i am unsure if glider supports bitperfect playback ? as when using glider if I touch the iphone volume buttons it turns the volume up or down.

I thought if poly is set to bitperfect then only mojo can control the volume ?

In 8player the volume can only be controlled by mojo, if I try the volume buttons on my iphone when using 8player they have no effect.

I presume the reason it does that in 8player is because 8player allows poly to be the renderer ? Or am I totally wrong ?

But the real problem I am having just now is getting a jriver created playlist to work in gofigure quick play.

Jriver lets me create different types of playlists so I can go through the different types one by one to find out which type works, but I thougt m3u playlists were the type that poly works with ?

Also, when I make a playlist in glider and use quick play on gofigure, some songs are named like this blah blah 192.168.xxx.xxx media blah blah port 8200 etc, I think thats caused by gofigure and not glider.

Now onto a possible bug with poly ?

I will probably never use bluetooth playback but it is there if I need it, anyway, I set a pass code for BT in gofigure and then I enabled bluetooth on my phone.

I went to settings/bluetooth on my phone and I saw the phone scanning for new devices, it found poly and as soon as I selected poly to input the pass code, I get an error saying poly took to long to connect and it times out within seconds and poly then disappears from the list of devices. i have to turn off BT and turn it back on again on my phone for It to detect poly again.

After the phone sees poly and when I select it to begin the pairing process, I get roughly 1 maybe 2 seconds to input the pass code before it times out, most times it timed out before even showing the passcode screen.

I did eventually get it to pair, but I had to be super ninja fast at selecting poly and stupid fast to enter the passcode.

Possible bug ?

A quick & dirty option is to use DIR in windows cmd

For example If I have my music in album folders in the C:\Music directory then run the following command in the Music folder:

dir /s /b *.flac >playlist.mu3

The text file should have lines like

C:\Music\Dire Straits\Alchemy; Dire Straits Live, Disc 1\04 Dire Straits - Love Over Gold.flac

Then remove the drive and main folder (in this case C:\Music\) most text editors will let you replace a string with blank thereby removing that string.

e.g. Dire Straits\Alchemy; Dire Straits Live, Disc 1\04 Dire Straits - Love Over Gold.flac

Copy the file to your sdcard and check it appears and gets used by GoFigure.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back