Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #8,371 of 18,757
Holy cow. Given the 6 month history with this Poly debacle it’s stunning to see the last week unfold. Chord saves face when they can with promises. The sad part and now predictable part is that they have not delivered a single Poly promise when they said they would. The backdoor update method is simply Chords way of developing a half baked product after its release.

Thanks for getting our hopes up only to have YET another weekend stuck with a frustrating brick. After Chord gave us a week of high hopes, Poly ownership still sucks. It is next to impossible to use if it works at all. We are still waiting.

It’s hard to watch a company ruin its own reputation with its loyal customers. That’s not imminent, that’s already happening. I’m tired of the obvious marketing spin and defensive behaviour when this is a “mea culpa” situation for Chord through and through. A lot of companies would say “we’re sorry” at least once.... no!? Instead it feels like the official line is that we should feel so lucky to own a Poly at all, and if we are getting frustrated, we’re somehow doing life wrong. Yaaaaaaay Poly.

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #8,373 of 18,757
The new firmware is great for me so far.
I can’t hear any hiss anymore when I connect to WiFi. Use to hear some hiss every time when poly startup and searching for WiFi .

Also I’m a MPDluxe user . With previous firmware the app sometimes disconnect and reconnect.
With the new firmware , it seems to work perfect without any drop of connection . Very solid for me so far.

I think a few good things have been fixed with this firmware

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #8,374 of 18,757
We said imminent We meant it! The only reason we haven’t realeased it already was to allow some time for Poly users around the world to update their hardwared to accommodate functions from GoFigure.

I don't know Matt, maybe "soon" or give us a date would have been more appropriate as many of us clearly have a different interpretation of "imminent" given the many times we have heard the same.

In any case, I am not holding my breath and am currently listening via Roon and, for the most part, with the exception of a few dropouts here and there, the MojoPoly is working pretty well so I am and happy.

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #8,375 of 18,757
We said imminent We meant it! The only reason we haven’t realeased it already was to allow some time for Poly users around the world to update their hardwared to accommodate functions from GoFigure.

Sorry but I have heard those words like "imminent" or "soon" for the last six months already. It is really hard for me to believe that once again.

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #8,376 of 18,757
9AB97F65-958B-437E-90AD-5E1368401920.jpeg
I’m trying Roon - play well, but on a new fw not yet certified?!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #8,377 of 18,757
To be honest, I thought some of the posts aimed at John/Mojo Ideas yesterday was way out of order.

Chord/John/Matt have told us umpteen times things are being worked on as fast as possible, so we know progress is being made and gofigure will be released.

It hasnt happened as quickly as we would like, but it is going to happen, however, some of yesterdays posts aimed at John was uncalled for, granted he is at the top of the tree so ultimately its all on his shoulders but, he has told us its coming and it will.

Because it hasnt happened fast enough in the eyes of some folk here, they start trolling John.

How many CEO’s do you all know who posts on forums ? Chord are high end, we could equate them to say Ferrari, do you see their CEO posting on forums ? Let alone replying to questions that are asked and continuing to do so even when the posts he replies to are obvious sh1t bait posts.

Do you think the Ferrari CEO or any CEO would continue to post in a forum that only gave him sh1t in return ?

I understand we are all not happy that gofigure has not been released, I am unhappy also but it will get released and we just need to chill.

We can see progress is being made, our last firmware was 1.0.17 and the new one is 9 versions newer so we can spot the progress for ourselves.

Eveyrybody needs to chill just a bit longer and please, no need to keep argueing.

I will be straight with you all, if it was my business and you mufukas kept sh1t posting me I would delibertely delay releasing anything.

We just all need to relax and wait a tiny bit longer.

My Kinera Seed’s have just arrived so its time to go play with them.

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #8,378 of 18,757
I think Chord are damned either way in this thread. Like you I think the method of updating the firmware is quite clever and easy to use. However when the app is released there will be people complaining that it doesn't do things that they want it do - even if it was never meant to in the first place.
I genuinely believe that if they had delayed the launch a lot of this malarkey might not have materialized however there was pressure on them to release due to announcing the Poly so early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 7, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #8,379 of 18,757
How do i get my poly to hotspot mode so i can configure it? push pin for 5 seconds doesn't seem to work anymore. I hear an update changed something.. but the manual download from chord page still says push for 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #8,380 of 18,757
Actually AB and just my humble opinion, but releasing the App contemporaneously with the firmware update, would likely have more people wanting to do the update rather than waiting for everyone to first update then release the app. Their logic, while it makes sense to them (I guess) doesn't really make sense in the scheme of things.

Also, there are people who may not want to update until they see the "all clear" from those who have done the update and installed the app.

From my perch, just more unnecessary delays with questionable logic which has me questioning the issue of "imminent"

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 7, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #8,381 of 18,757
Actually AB and just my humble opinion, but releasing the App contemporaneously with the firmware update, would likely have more people wanting to do the update rather than waiting for everyone to first update then release the app. Their logic, while it makes sense to them (I guess) doesn't really make sense in the scheme of things.

Also, there are people who may not want to update until they see the "all clear" from those who have done the update and installed the app.

From my perch, just more unnecessary delays with questionable logic which has me questioning the issue of "imminent"

On this we agree

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #8,382 of 18,757
How do i get my poly to hotspot mode so i can configure it? push pin for 5 seconds doesn't seem to work anymore. I hear an update changed something.. but the manual download from chord page still says push for 5 seconds.
Push the pin and keep it pushed in ... it will cycle through all the modes ... keep inserted until the voice says “hotspot mode” ... then let go with the pin ... after a few seconds the voice will ask again to push to confirm entering hotspot mode... insert the pin again to confirm and the voice will confirm “entering hotspot mode” then let go with the pin and Poly will announce it will reboot into hotspot mode...

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #8,384 of 18,757

It hasn't been stated explicitly but I think the problem is that the app will not work correctly without the firmware upgrade. I am not a programmer but it seems to me like having a menu accessible by the pin is window into the new firmware structure that the app will access in place of the pin. That means the app will not be able to make menu selections unless the underlying firmware is there. Ok all you computer types, is that what's going on? I also felt the wait was over as soon as the new firmware was announced. I can wait a wee or two more, and even wouldn't be too surprised if one more firmware update were needed. It happens.

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #8,385 of 18,757
I think Chord are damned either way in this thread. Like you I think the method of updating the firmware is quite clever and easy to use. However when the app is released there will be people complaining that it doesn't do things that they want it do - even if it was never meant to in the first place.
I genuinely believe that if they had delayed the launch a lot of this malarkey might not have materialized however there was pressure on them to release due to announcing the Poly so early.
No that’s not it, please all of you try to understand Poly has had learn how to fit into the world WiFi ecology. Simply put there are tens of thousands of router types and systems plus ever changing updates from Apple and others that we’ve had to accommodate and great feed back from some of you. we launched Poly as a working product that we new we’d have to update to make it work well for all. We knew we’d get feed back both helpful and totally useless. Poly had to evolve, it required your input to allow that. The reason that we are the only company has made a similar product is that, despite what the unpleasant detractors may say, is that anyone would have to go through a similar software fettling process that we have. Even if they were a huge company and able to sample five thousand people and get sufficient feed back then apply the necessary software writers is a massive amount of work that has taken great commitment. The bulk of the work is done as our commitment to this great product is absolute and new features will continue to be announced over the coming months. Those who don’t even have a product and continue to deride what we have achieved are of little consequence in the scheme of things. Gofigure will go live in the Apple store at 21:00 hours on Sunday GMT Greewhich mean time U.K. as I said I don’t Bluff and I don’t stick my head in the sand either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back