Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 25, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #6,166 of 18,772
Maybe I am confused, but don’t you either stream through your phone or home network, or use the phone or home network to play teh SD card. Why would you ever need to connect to xfinity or any otehr public wifi. Connect your phone to wifi and poly to your phone.

Oh ok, well that makes it easier .. But people are connecting to their home wifi too.
I just can't get mine to do anything but solid)(m)

Jan 25, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #6,167 of 18,772
Poly sounds like absolute torture. I'm glad I didn't buy one.
I've previously aspired to owning a Dave, but if Chord can't make the midrange work, how can they make high-end work?

I've read this thread with interest as a customer of other Chord products. Where is the apology? Where is the plan to make people good?

I see a lot of managing of the symptoms, but nothing obvious to acknowledge and fix the root cause.

I have a poly and it works fine for streaming roon and using the SD card for when I'm out. I do have an issue with turning on taking 5 to 10 minutes. I do enjoy the Poly and can see it will be a really useful piece of audio gear once alI the issues are resolved and missing features are addressed.

However I have to agree with the communication comments you made. We are told things are going to happen but then there's infrequent or no updates and we are left in a communication vacuum again. I've been pretty patient as I understand Chord is a small company and I'm willing to wait for things to be completed. However things seem to be slipping again and I'm feeling a little frustrated at what appears to be a lack of progress.

We were told there would be some direction provided after the christmas season and CES on the hardware and software issues related to mojo and poly compatibility affecting the turn on issue . It's now late January and there's hasn't been a word.

The GoFigure app is silent except for a vague statement about now being 6 weeks behind. Behind what and what exactly does that mean.

And in February it was mentioned that off line tidal streaming would be supported by Google Cast. Then we were told there were issues with it but no time frames for resolution. It feels like this has been forgotten given the lack of updates.

I appreciate there's lots to be done and its going to take some time and I'm prepared to wait it out. However I believe more effective acknowledgement of the delays and regular weekly updates on progress would be appreciated. I just want to know my concerns are being addressed and have some sense of timing. Perhaps a list of the outstanding issues and their status on Chords website would help.

Thanks for listening. @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #6,168 of 18,772
I agree. I purchased one....& have been dismayed...it’s been a dismal experience. A device this pricey should work straight outta the box & firmware updates should be readily & easily employed. Dunno why the app hasn’t been released...since product launch...go figure? It’s a disaster for initial buyers...& a horrible/clunky user experience...especially trying to playback SD card files (Hi Res playback is problematic & disjointed—-for a main feature). The Poly add on is temperamental as many here have attested to say the least.

Attachments

• 2D94C96B-5823-4A4E-A2CD-111AB9985432.jpeg
    2D94C96B-5823-4A4E-A2CD-111AB9985432.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #6,170 of 18,772
Jan 26, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #6,171 of 18,772
I know alot of people are having problems and are disheartened with poly and I fully understand but, my experience is, ok its is a pain to use the pin to change modes and initially to get the hang of it, but poly seems to work ok with me using, airplay, bt, sdcard, dlna.

I have been using 8player, glider and onkyoHF player and Jremote.

I will admit I was baffled when I first got poly, but after reading the forums and what other people are doing, I found poly works ok, I wouldnt say it works great as a very important piece of the puzzle is missing, gofigure and this should of been released even in beta format long ago.

Poly has updated itself no problem, it works ok but it does drop out now and again and 8player and glider sometimes do not see poly, a quick close and restart the app usually works.

This has been my experience, I know alot of people are frustrated and I can see their point, just because I am not having loads of problems does not mean that I would endorse this product at the present time, why ? because at present I do not think that the product is in finished state, maybe the hardware is finished, but thats only half the problem, in this day and age one should not have to rely on a sim removal tool to control a £500 product, well unless that product happens to be a £500 sim card.

Chord in my opinion released it early just to catch the xmas buying frenzy.

I know they can make great products, its just they have dropped the ball by not having some sort of software available on release day to control her.

I can only wonder when gofigure will be released, I have emailed them regarding this and a couple of other things regarding mojo a whileback, but they never ever seem to reply to issues that are sent to them via their contact webpage, I have never received a single reply back from chord using their contact webpage support form.

I have phoned once and the dude on the phone couldnt get me off the line any faster if he tried. I asked a question, he replied X deals with that and isnt here phoneback bye. :frowning2:

So I really can only wonder when gofigure will be released.

I hope for everyones sake that gofigure and possibly newer firmware updates cure the majority of peoples problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #6,172 of 18,772
Poly sounds like absolute torture. I'm glad I didn't buy one.
I've previously aspired to owning a Dave, but if Chord can't make the midrange work, how can they make high-end work?

I've read this thread with interest as a customer of other Chord products. Where is the apology? Where is the plan to make people good?

I see a lot of managing of the symptoms, but nothing obvious to acknowledge and fix the root cause.

The Chord Dave works perfect like it should. Poly is the first product from Chord that has given me problems.

But we shall see once the new firmware updates comes and I get a new Poly that is supposed to work with my older Mojo that hopefully fixes the power on problems.

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #6,173 of 18,772
I know alot of people are having problems and are disheartened with poly and I fully understand but, my experience is, ok its is a pain to use the pin to change modes and initially to get the hang of it, but poly seems to work ok with me using, airplay, bt, sdcard, dlna.

I have been using 8player, glider and onkyoHF player and Jremote.

I will admit I was baffled when I first got poly, but after reading the forums and what other people are doing, I found poly works ok, I wouldnt say it works great as a very important piece of the puzzle is missing, gofigure and this should of been released even in beta format long ago.

Poly has updated itself no problem, it works ok but it does drop out now and again and 8player and glider sometimes do not see poly, a quick close and restart the app usually works.

This has been my experience, I know alot of people are frustrated and I can see their point, just because I am not having loads of problems does not mean that I would endorse this product at the present time, why ? because at present I do not think that the product is in finished state, maybe the hardware is finished, but thats only half the problem, in this day and age one should not have to rely on a sim removal tool to control a £500 product, well unless that product happens to be a £500 sim card.

Chord in my opinion released it early just to catch the xmas buying frenzy.

I know they can make great products, its just they have dropped the ball by not having some sort of software available on release day to control her.

I can only wonder when gofigure will be released, I have emailed them regarding this and a couple of other things regarding mojo a whileback, but they never ever seem to reply to issues that are sent to them via their contact webpage, I have never received a single reply back from chord using their contact webpage support form.

I have phoned once and the dude on the phone couldnt get me off the line any faster if he tried. I asked a question, he replied X deals with that and isnt here phoneback bye. :frowning2:

So I really can only wonder when gofigure will be released.

I hope for everyones sake that gofigure and possibly newer firmware updates cure the majority of peoples problems.

Poly was announced too early, Chord should have at least had a "mostly" working product when it was announced as CES 2017, they obviously didn't. The early announcement then forced a release before the product was fully ready, there were many customers who had pre-ordered and placed deposits, these customers were getting edgy.

Software issues are not directly Chord's fault as they subcontract the software, I believe they should find a new software subcontractor though as the current lot are doing a very poor job of meeting promised timescales. Not a good advert for their services.

All of this caused Chord to do the right thing and not announce the Poly for Hugo 2 at CES this year.

I bet Chord are having internal discussions about dropping the whole Poly project and offering refunds to customers that was to go this route, if it weren't for the 2Go then I suspect the offer of refunds may have already been made and the Poly product withdrawn from sale.

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #6,175 of 18,772
It is 100% on Chord. If Apple is having a problem with iPhone, nobody would excuse them on account of subcontracting to Foxconn.

That's not completely fair, OK maybe its 75% Chord's fault. :) If you subcontract the job of fixing your car to a garage you don't blame yourself if they don't fix it do you, no you blame the garage.

That is why I said Chord should find a new software contractor, to make this right for their customers. For all we know they may already be doing so.

Or they could make the firmware open source, then it will be fixed next week, with all the features users require. :)

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #6,176 of 18,772
Jan 26, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #6,177 of 18,772
Oh ok, well that makes it easier .. But people are connecting to their home wifi too.
I just can't get mine to do anything but solid)(m)
Have you got an sd card in it? I seem to recall Matt saying something does not work if no sd card inserted. Worth a try if you have not got one in and have one to try.

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #6,178 of 18,772
That's not completely fair, OK maybe its 75% Chord's fault. :) If you subcontract the job of fixing your car to a garage you don't blame yourself if they don't fix it do you, no you blame the garage.

That is why I said Chord should find a new software contractor, to make this right for their customers. For all we know they may already be doing so.

Or they could make the firmware open source, then it will be fixed next week, with all the features users require. :)

Although It would be your fault if you were selling the car to someone else...

The garage might be doing the work for you, but you’re responsible as the seller of the car!

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #6,179 of 18,772
Although It would be your fault if you were selling the car to someone else...

The garage might be doing the work for you, but you’re responsible as the seller of the car!

Agreed, and as the buyer of the car you have the right to request a refund or ask for the defects to be rectified by the seller. If you take the latter option you should expect very regular status updates (I would imagine daily) This is where Chord are sadly letting down their customers. This forum would be a good place to share this information, so that it can reach many Poly customers quickly, this lack of updates and transparency is very annoying and disappointing, shame on you Chord.

If Chord's software garage is not providing Chord with reliable updates on software status then obviously Chord can't share it with us. I'm sure Chord can afford a good legal team to sort this out if this is the case.

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #6,180 of 18,772
I bet Chord are having internal discussions about dropping the whole Poly project and offering refunds to customers that was to go this route, if it weren't for the 2Go then I suspect the offer of refunds may have already been made and the Poly product withdrawn from sale.

Really??? I’ll take you up on that bet - how much shall we say? £100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back