Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 24, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #6,137 of 18,742
Finally got it working, sounds really awesome listening with my Sennheiser Hd660s damn good sounding!

Jan 24, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #6,139 of 18,742
^
Ruh-roh!

Have you tried uncoupling it from Mojo and charge on its own to see if light at least comes on?

Sorry about my earlier post, it was obviously meant for @NaiveSound

Lesson learned, one should not post away on a mobile device with a small screen...

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #6,140 of 18,742
376FD64E-2008-4EA3-836D-62093B96B19D.jpeg
I'm looking for his carrying case for my Mojo-Poly!

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #6,142 of 18,742
I cannot find anywhere (including the vudeos posted on the first page of this post) about connecting poly to a xfinity /public wifi spots... Can it be done even with Mac address and logging in through a browser?

yes, try to access it through MacBook.

It stopped showing up on my wife's iPhone, but it can be adjusted through the MacBook Pro. As Soon as the app is released, it won't be necessary .

Try the laptop Mac now. It works for us.

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #6,143 of 18,742
yes, try to access it through MacBook.

It stopped showing up on my wife's iPhone, but it can be adjusted through the MacBook Pro. As Soon as the app is released, it won't be necessary .

Try the laptop Mac now. It works for us.

Thank you so much

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #6,147 of 18,742
Yesterday I tried using a mSD card in my Poly for the first time, and so far the quality has been outstanding - I have not heard the Mojo sound so good compared to using the USB port or the optical connection. Previously I had been using the AirPlay function on the Poly with it being the access point, and the result was equally good in terms of the audio quality, but less so with the wifi performance due to frequent drop outs and crackling in busy areas. But even with the mSD card, when supposedly all the streaming is now "internal", all is not 100% well.

Let me elaborate a bit further. With AirPlay and its associated wifi streaming, especially when I am in my morning and evening commute, I can almost identify the exact spots where I walk through each day significant interference would cause the music to drop out and crackle. The conspiracy theorist in me would point to the subway station purposefully trying to discourage people from loitering in the area to avoid overcrowding, so they might have put some "wifi jammers" to achieve that. This is the reason for me to try out using a mSD card in the Poly so I would remove the dropouts due to poor wifi reception.

But all is not well even with the mSD card. I am using Glider (app store version, I paid for the full version, and well worth the price of entry due to the brilliant support provided by Joe here) to control the playback. I have a mix of Apple Lossless and FLAC files with various resolutions from RBCD to 192k. Theoretically speaking, since the streaming is now all internal (the data plane), and any application used to browse and control the music (the control plane) should not require too much wifi bandwidth, but the crackling still isn't 100% eliminated as I would have thought. Ok the drop outs are much less frequent of course, and is now more random than consistently happening when I pass through those notorious subway station areas, but still I would expect nothing less than 100% reliability in streaming? I am using one of those "SanDisk Extreme" mSD cards and I would have thought RBCD's bandwidth requirement is not that great? So what seems to be the problem here, with the Poly or with the playback application?

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #6,148 of 18,742
Yesterday I tried using a mSD card in my Poly for the first time, and so far the quality has been outstanding - I have not heard the Mojo sound so good compared to using the USB port or the optical connection. Previously I had been using the AirPlay function on the Poly with it being the access point, and the result was equally good in terms of the audio quality, but less so with the wifi performance due to frequent drop outs and crackling in busy areas. But even with the mSD card, when supposedly all the streaming is now "internal", all is not 100% well.

Let me elaborate a bit further. With AirPlay and its associated wifi streaming, especially when I am in my morning and evening commute, I can almost identify the exact spots where I walk through each day significant interference would cause the music to drop out and crackle. The conspiracy theorist in me would point to the subway station purposefully trying to discourage people from loitering in the area to avoid overcrowding, so they might have put some "wifi jammers" to achieve that. This is the reason for me to try out using a mSD card in the Poly so I would remove the dropouts due to poor wifi reception.

But all is not well even with the mSD card. I am using Glider (app store version, I paid for the full version, and well worth the price of entry due to the brilliant support provided by Joe here) to control the playback. I have a mix of Apple Lossless and FLAC files with various resolutions from RBCD to 192k. Theoretically speaking, since the streaming is now all internal (the data plane), and any application used to browse and control the music (the control plane) should not require too much wifi bandwidth, but the crackling still isn't 100% eliminated as I would have thought. Ok the drop outs are much less frequent of course, and is now more random than consistently happening when I pass through those notorious subway station areas, but still I would expect nothing less than 100% reliability in streaming? I am using one of those "SanDisk Extreme" mSD cards and I would have thought RBCD's bandwidth requirement is not that great? So what seems to be the problem here, with the Poly or with the playback application?

i've noticed anytime a subway train pulls into a station it gives me a brief drop-out and speed up!

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #6,149 of 18,742
I'm looking for his carrying case for my Mojo-Poly!
That looks like a case for an Astell & Kern DAP, the Chord Van Nuy one is leather with red stitching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back