Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 27, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #5,252 of 18,775
My Poly its number is 200 and something connects to network and is ready to play with Mojo within 20 second max it is much faster then my previous fiio x 5 third gen which took sometimes up to 2 minutes to open up. I am mostly connecting it to I phone hot spot when outside or my home standart wifi network provided by tv operator. Yesterday I trawelled half of Poland with my car and Poly rendered spotify over airplay from my phone for 5 h without single Droopout. I never used Poly hot spot as it requires messing with the pin but I once checked config mode to see if i updated what it did.

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #5,254 of 18,775
I was wondering if this was the case. I have a Mojo from Dec ‘15, serial M024xxx. I do have a start-up problem now.

I did not have the problem on 1.04. It started for me with 1.06 and continues, so I think (hope) it is firmware and can be rectified. Before updates when Poly would turn on, it usually took about 40 seconds to 1.5 minutes to start. Now, reliably it will only start with a jump start from e charging cable or portable back-up battery, but it starts reliably like this instantly (no waiting at all). I know my SD card Index is built and stable, as I could see the RGB light show the first time for about 4 minutes.

Poly here connected and playing in under 15 seconds from cold (room around 19c) and had not used Poly since yesterday. Connected to home network and appeared on devices list on Android - using Hi-Fi cast which has been the most reliable app I have used on either iPhone or Android and only £1.79

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #5,255 of 18,775
My Poly its number is 200 and something connects to network and is ready to play with Mojo within 20 second max it is much faster then my previous fiio x 5 third gen which took sometimes up to 2 minutes to open up. I am mostly connecting it to I phone hot spot when outside or my home standart wifi network provided by tv operator. Yesterday I trawelled half of Poland with my car and Poly rendered spotify over airplay from my phone for 5 h without single Droopout. I never used Poly hot spot as it requires messing with the pin but I once checked config mode to see if i updated what it did.

Sounds good, how it should work. All the posts I've seen today reporting success are from users with iDevices, I'm an Android user, we do seem to be getting left behind a little.

Edit: Except StevieDvd :)

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #5,256 of 18,775
Based on the heating theory above I decided to test my Mojo and Poly. I left them off for three hours. I switched on the Mojo and the Poly ignored the command. I started a timer to see if the connection issues might be time related. I waited for four minutes and nothing happened. I left the timer running but after ten minutes I noticed that the power/bit depth light on the mojo would cycle on in blueish hues then turn off. At 14 mins 59 seconds the Poly sprung to life, joined the network and I could play straight to it. This may be a clue into these issues. I wonder if any of the people who are finding it hard to coax the Poly to wake could turn on the Mojo, not break the units, and just leave it and see if it ever comes to life. At worst this may lessen the frustration for some users and at best it may be a useful data point for Chord.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #5,257 of 18,775
Based on the heating theory above I decided to test my Mojo and Poly. I left them off for three hours. I switched on the Mojo and the Poly ignored the command. I started a timer to see if the connection issues might be time related. I waited for four minutes and nothing happened. I left the timer running but after ten minutes I noticed that the power/bit depth light on the mojo would cycle on in blueish hues then turn off. At 14 mins 59 seconds the Poly sprung to life, joined the network and I could play straight to it. This may be a clue into these issues. I wonder if any of the people who are finding it hard to coax the Poly to wake could turn on the Mojo, not break the units, and just leave it and see if it ever comes to life. At worst this may lessen the frustration for some users and at best it may be a useful data point for Chord.

Good test. I'm finding the same thing. Mine takes the greatest amount of time in the morning when it is the coolest. I haven't actually timed it and will do so tomorrow. I've observed the same behavior with the on/off button on the mojo. The button stays lit for a period of time and as soon as it shuts off the poly turns on exactly as you've observed.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #5,258 of 18,775
I have a question for those of you currently using your poly with an iphone. What has your experience been using tidal offline played to the poly via airplay and using hotspot mode on your iPhone. I currently have an android phone and can only currently use tidal offline with Bluetooth as there's no other way to currently stream tidal offline to my poly. I'm going to want a new phone soon and am considering going back to iPhone as it seems to be the priority system for use with poly. Thanks for your help.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #5,259 of 18,775
Good test. I'm finding the same thing. Mine takes the greatest amount of time in the morning when it is the coolest. I haven't actually timed it and will do so tomorrow. I've observed the same behavior with the on/off button on the mojo. The button stays lit for a period of time and as soon as it shuts off the poly turns on exactly as you've observed.

One morning after having my Mojo/Poly in my bedroom over night it wouldn´t turn on at all. After leaving Mojo on for 40mins I gave up. I measured 15deg Celsius in the room.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #5,260 of 18,775
One morning after having my Mojo/Poly in my bedroom over night it wouldn´t turn on at all. After leaving Mojo on for 40mins I gave up. I measured 15deg Celsius in the room.

I have to say I am flabbergasted that we are discussing not just the connectivity and playback problems with this device but the fact that it doesn’t even turn for many of us and the Chord people on this thread are silent.

The instructions say to be patient BUT how patient? Until there is no battery power. Some claim no issues many of claim we can’t turn it on. This seems like something is broke and not just firmware.

Hello Chord you guys out there??

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #5,261 of 18,775
I have to say I am flabbergasted that we are discussing not just the connectivity and playback problems with this device but the fact that it doesn’t even turn for many of us and the Chord people on this thread are silent.

The instructions say to be patient BUT how patient? Until there is no battery power. Some claim no issues many of claim we can’t turn it on. This seems like something is broke and not just firmware.

Hello Chord you guys out there??

Mate, you are certainly not alone in asking that severe issues such as the one you refer to are fixed here and now.
However, let’s be mindful of the fact that today is 28.12.17 and the Chord guys have every right to NOT be on this board. I understand the frustration and I am currently not very bullish on Poly turning out the way it’s supposed to but let’s accept the fact that Chord employees have families too.

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #5,262 of 18,775
Mate, you are certainly not alone in asking that severe issues such as the one you refer to are fixed here and now.
However, let’s be mindful of the fact that today is 28.12.17 and the Chord guys have every right to NOT be on this board. I understand the frustration and I am currently not very bullish on Poly turning out the way it’s supposed to but let’s accept the fact that Chord employees have families too.

Couldn’t agree more HOWEVER turning the thing on is a basic. It has been complained about by me and others since the release of Poly, never addressed in firmware updates and never mentioned by the Chord people anywhere I have seen.

Yes it’s a holiday week and they have families but it doesn’t explain why we can’t turn the thing on or why they haven’t addressed this most basic issue in the prior two months.

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #5,263 of 18,775
I still don’t understand why people are not returning units for an exchange or refund. If my Poly didn’t turn on once it would be going straight back to retailer.

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #5,264 of 18,775
Although to be fair I know this may not be possible if people have imported due to costs etc.

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #5,265 of 18,775
I still don’t understand why people are not returning units for an exchange or refund. If my Poly didn’t turn on once it would be going straight back to retailer.

You are indeed correct and I screwed up. I should have sent it back. I’m an idiot. I believed issues being described by all of us would be fixed with “firmware and/or apps to be released by Christmas” as indicated by Chord on this thread.

Once again I screwed up by trusting people. As cynical and a curmudgeon as I am I still trust people which is my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back