Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 11, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #4,696 of 18,776
Getting a little annoyed already. I have my brand new unit acting in the same way as the old one (at least this one charges fine);

Both Glider/8Player only work for between 5-40 seconds at a time without cutting out and resuming.
Note that this is both on a freshly factory restored Wi-fi hub AND on a 4G hotspot with my iPhone and iPad.

SO: three different setups that have the exact same problem. The only playback mode that works (more or less) issue-free is Airplay with Tidal/Spotify.

I haven’t been able to test MPDLUXE as there are no instructions in the manual on what to do after getting poly to stay in hotspot mode. I have the correct IP address and port in place already.

I would really appreciate some feedback here @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett

EDIT: I understand that you cannot foresee difficulties related to a user’s specific listening environment. However, issues occurring on Wi-fi+two separate devices and mobile hotspot again on two separate devices can’t be right.

Please do let me know if I am missing anything. Had it not been for direct Spotify/Tidal playback, this product would have been completely unusable to me. It's a shame that this was not the idea behind buying a Poly in the first place.

@Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas

I would appreciate some feedback on the above. I am grateful for sending out a new Poly (which fixed my charging related problems) and believe that I have been as thorough as possible in my testing of different set ups/usage environments.

As per the above, I am having difficulties in all usage scenarios other than Airplay with Tidal/Spotify (does not work consistently with any other app) and direct SD card playback with MPDLUXE. Roon works relatively OK.

Please advise- am I doing something wrong or should I just patiently wait for improvements on your end? I find it hard to believe that some people are having a virtually problem-free experience (and I have spoken to such people), while others like me are struggling to find a reliable enough way of using Poly.

Thanks,
Nick

Dec 11, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #4,697 of 18,776
Dec 11, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #4,698 of 18,776
Hi

I have various devices
- iPhone (8Player)
- iPad (8Player)
- Android head unit for car audio system (BubbleUPnp)

Rather than creating and editing multiple playlist files in each application per device, is it possible to create, save, or store playlist files at Poly in MicroSD?

Many thanks!

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #4,699 of 18,776
It must be something else that is holding things up then..

It's as simple as that: They must go thru the biggest Firmware changes first. It wouldn't make sense to release the app while there are 2 or more Firmware-updates lingering in the backround. So: Fix the needed firmware Bugs, then, after the fixes are received well with the current poly owners, move on to the next step.

Releasing the app at this point would only make things worse because nobody could tell which of the then reported new problems are related to app and which ar related to firmware. So let them fix the firmware up to a point where they can say: Firmware is now up to the task, now lets make late fixes to the app if needed, then release the app.

My 2cents out of several years software-development experience (Databases).

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #4,700 of 18,776
It's as simple as that: They must go thru the biggest Firmware changes first. It wouldn't make sense to release the app while there are 2 or more Firmware-updates lingering in the backround. So: Fix the needed firmware Bugs, then, after the fixes are received well with the current poly owners, move on to the next step.

Releasing the app at this point would only make things worse because nobody could tell which of the then reported new problems are related to app and which ar related to firmware. So let them fix the firmware up to a point where they can say: Firmware is now up to the task, now lets make late fixes to the app if needed, then release the app.

They already have posted that the app is on hold as the changes to the firmware are not just bug fixes but response to user feedback so we are not waiting on apple yet.

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #4,701 of 18,776
They already have posted that the app is on hold as the changes to the firmware are not just bug fixes but response to user feedback so we are not waiting on apple yet.

In fairness to the poster and all others asking questions that have been addressed over and over and over again don't blame the poster as there are now 314 pages of posts asking questions. If Chord had their act together, there would be a website, of exactly how the unit works, what the lights mean with each firmware upgrade, how to turn the thing on, etc etc. It is mind-boggling to me that Chord wants to answer the set of questions over and over and over again. Plus not everyone comes to this thread to get their "latest news" on how to "use" the unit.

Personally, I am just waiting for all the dust to settle have no remedy in terms of getting my money back, so I will wait patiently, with a relatively dormant Poly until the dust settles and "hope" there will be a set of instructions that #1 are accurate and #2 work.

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #4,702 of 18,776

Thanks for the insight. Makes perfect sense.

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #4,703 of 18,776
@Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas

I would appreciate some feedback on the above. I am grateful for sending out a new Poly (which fixed my charging related problems) and believe that I have been as thorough as possible in my testing of different set ups/usage environments.

As per the above, I am having difficulties in all usage scenarios other than Airplay with Tidal/Spotify (does not work consistently with any other app) and direct SD card playback with MPDLUXE. Roon works relatively OK.

Please advise- am I doing something wrong or should I just patiently wait for improvements on your end? I find it hard to believe that some people are having a virtually problem-free experience (and I have spoken to such people), while others like me are struggling to find a reliable enough way of using Poly.

Thanks,
Nick

While i can't speak for Matt or John, my Poly is running nearly 5 to 8 hours every day with Audirvana/Roon/Airplay around the house and stationary. All other uses relating to sd-card usage, HotSpot and whatnot i have postponed until the next updates. I think it didn't make much sense to poke around in this aera while there are fixes in the wings for best experience. John has already stated that the next update will come in a few days.

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #4,704 of 18,776
While i can't speak for Matt or John, my Poly is running nearly 5 to 8 hours every day with Audirvana/Roon/Airplay around the house and stationary. All other uses relating to sd-card usage, HotSpot and whatnot i have postponed until the next updates. I think it didn't make much sense to poke around in this aera while there are fixes in the wings for best experience. John has already stated that the next update will come in a few days.

I understand that. However, echoing previous comments that Poly just works and most issues are due to the specific environment in question and/or user error, I was hoping to get some guidance as to what, if anything, I am doing wrong.
The main driver behind buying Poly was usage on the go and this is an area, where I feel that the experience, in my use case, is lacking.

Thus, as patient as I have been, I just want to use the product that I paid a rather large amount of money for (Poly+Mojo+SD card+official Mojo accessories pack) sooner, rather than later.
I believe that my unit cannot be defective as it is exhibiting similar issues when compared to the old one (when used in multiple network configuration across an iphone and an ipad);

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #4,705 of 18,776
Hi

I have various devices
- iPhone (8Player)
- iPad (8Player)
- Android head unit for car audio system (BubbleUPnp)

Rather than creating and editing multiple playlist files in each application per device, is it possible to create, save, or store playlist files at Poly in MicroSD?

Many thanks!

Yes, you can save .m3u files just fine. I have had issues in MPDluxe, but fine in 8player etc

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #4,707 of 18,776
Received my poly the other day.

Currently struggling to make it through a song without it dropping out.

Tried on my home network and phones hot-spot. Playing music from my home network and playing direct from micro sd card with the same result.

The signal light drops out for a second and reconnects. Stopping the playback and losing the poly as a renderer and a server. Reselect both and play again. Same thing happens.

Ive been sat watching the blue connection light for a little while and it doesn't drop out. Until something starts to play then it craps out.

Such a ball ache.

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #4,708 of 18,776
In fairness to the poster and all others asking questions that have been addressed over and over and over again don't blame the poster as there are now 314 pages of posts asking questions.

Actually, it's fewer than half that, as the first 75 were complaints about pricing and the next 75 were complaints about waiting. I am happy to have Poly at this point and to be part of the "beta" testing and improvements!

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #4,709 of 18,776
I’m just chiming in here to say that from all the excellent feedback you team have provided our Matt and Rajiv and his team of software guys have been continuously and are still working to fix all the issues that we can and we expect by mid week to be able to release the next update which should
fix the album artwork issues, the ALAC and AIFF issues and hopefully
improve the connectivity to stop some of the odd US router problems. So thank you for your patience which should soon be rewarded.

Thanks for the update. I am sure that we are all looking forward to the next couple of firmware updates and the release of GoFigure. I greatly fear, however, that "odd US router problems" is not the whole story. I say this because, as several have reported here, one can use a portable device as a hotspot unconnected to any network or carrier and with only Poly connected, and still suffer from failure to connect and/or dropped connections. The same results can be observed on a network created by an isolated router severing only one client, Poly. I fail to see how these observations can be considered simply "odd US router problems." Nonetheless, I hope you're right that the next firmware release will correct connectivity problems.

I'd like to ask others here who do not live in the US if they have connectivity problems. I am certainly prepared to hear than this is a unique US problem.

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #4,710 of 18,776
[QUOTE="I'd like to ask others here who do not live in the US if they have connectivity problems. I am certainly prepared to hear than this is a unique US problem.[/QUOTE]

I live in Lindon, UK. I get many drop outs on my home wifi, work wifi (where I have tried 5 different wifi networks), my sisters wifi and a couple of others. Same issues on all networks. I don’t have any issues with any other devices on these networks.

I find it unusable on a wifi network (in this current state) but have found it ok using my phone’s hotspot or poly’s hotspot. I still get the occasional drop out but at least I can make it through several :wink:

I’m sure (well hoping) it will all improve with the upcoming firmware updates.

Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back