Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 13, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #3,406 of 18,821
Yep, I was expecting that, that moment kills your feng shui instantly, I needed seconds to recover and understand what just happened.

Same happened to me two times. Felt like a plane crashed through my head.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #3,407 of 18,821
Same happened to me two times. Felt like a plane crashed through my head.

Oh well...lesson learned! Still, would be good for Chord to mention this in the manuals for Mojo/Poly. It is an easy mistake to make (in cases where this is not hardware related but purely user error).
I haven't listened to any music since that happened earlier today lol.

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #3,409 of 18,821
I have just got my Poly, and eagerly waiting for the 6-hour charge time to be over before I can enjoy it... I'm just flipping through the manual, and was wondering what does the "bit perfect" setting really do? If "bit perfect playback" is set, does that mean if I have software EQ or Sound Check applied these will be ignored? If "bit perfect" is NOT set, how much does this degrade the performance?

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #3,410 of 18,821
Has anyone tested AllStream with Poly?
Does it also work with Poly in DLNA mode (higher quality than AirPlay) ?
Can`t remember now exactly which, but I`ve bought and tested many of them streaming apps. One thing I remember for sure, all let me down for different reasons, mainly for not streaming hi res files. They are limited to some file types or some max resolution, not getting up to 24/192. I was disappointed, you`d better be sure you find all the characteristics, usually they don`t tell you the limitations in the description. Got very frustrated back then. Windows-Android is my setup.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #3,411 of 18,821
I have just got my Poly, and eagerly waiting for the 6-hour charge time to be over before I can enjoy it... I'm just flipping through the manual, and was wondering what does the "bit perfect" setting really do? If "bit perfect playback" is set, does that mean if I have software EQ or Sound Check applied these will be ignored? If "bit perfect" is NOT set, how much does this degrade the performance?
Yes! Good question! In Roon bit perfect cancels all DSP, EQ, even volume slider, it`s just...bit perfect stream of data.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #3,412 of 18,821
Yes! Good question! In Roon bit perfect cancels all DSP, EQ, even volume slider, it`s just...bit perfect stream of data.

Exactly what I was thinking and guessing - all DSP/EQ/Sound Check is disabled in bit perfect mode. I hope someone from Chord will be able to confirm. What I am truly wondering is though, if I do NOT set bit perfect mode, how much loss are we talking about, since I often rely on the iTunes' Sound Check feature to normalize volume if I set my playlist to just shuffle, without having to manually adjust volume for each song, when I am in my morning commute and don't want to constantly fiddle with things. I'm ok with a slight loss in quality in exchange for some convenience. I am not interested in software EQ'ing or DSP effects.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #3,413 of 18,821
Hi all, just picked up a Poly and a 256GB microSD card.... is there a way to transfer files from my Mac to the Poly's SD card without a card reader?
Or is a card reader the only way to go? in other words, can the Poly be "mounted" as an external volume and music files be dragged and dropped onto the inserted SD card?

edit: This is from a Mac Pro :)

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #3,414 of 18,821
Oh well...lesson learned! Still, would be good for Chord to mention this in the manuals for Mojo/Poly. It is an easy mistake to make (in cases where this is not hardware related but purely user error).
I haven't listened to any music since that happened earlier today lol.

Just to clarify the volume control in Mojo is completely independent of any software volume control you use via an app into Poly.
So if you set the volume level on Mojo to a maximum safe level for your headphones/IEM's then whatever you do with the software can't
ever go above that fixed level. This way even if the app you are using screws up then both your headphones and hearing will be safe.

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #3,415 of 18,821
Just to clarify the volume control in Mojo is completely independent of any software volume control you use via an app into Poly.
So if you set the volume level on Mojo to a maximum safe level for your headphones/IEM's then whatever you do with the software can't
ever go above that fixed level. This way even if the app you are using screws up then both your headphones and hearing will be safe.
thx. Just like I used to use Mojo and in line with my initial advice to NYanakiev. Then I couldn`t know how much control Poly has. Which makes his problem a possible Mojo problem??? We try to narrow it down somehow.

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #3,416 of 18,821
Hi all, just picked up a Poly and a 256GB microSD card.... is there a way to transfer files from my Mac to the Poly's SD card without a card reader?
Or is a card reader the only way to go?

edit: This is from a Mac Pro :)
Another way would be with an Android phone that takes microSD (or adapter in microUSB port) plus an app that does wifi transfer. Simple but deadly slow, also depending of your network speed. On iPhone I haven`t tried, it should be the same way but more complicated due to not having microSD support.. adapter needed for sure

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #3,417 of 18,821
Exactly what I was thinking and guessing - all DSP/EQ/Sound Check is disabled in bit perfect mode. I hope someone from Chord will be able to confirm. What I am truly wondering is though, if I do NOT set bit perfect mode, how much loss are we talking about, since I often rely on the iTunes' Sound Check feature to normalize volume if I set my playlist to just shuffle, without having to manually adjust volume for each song, when I am in my morning commute and don't want to constantly fiddle with things. I'm ok with a slight loss in quality in exchange for some convenience. I am not interested in software EQ'ing or DSP effects.

Yes correct. In bit perfect mode the data remains untouched and 'perfect'. DSP, EQ and sound check will all alter the data to add the effect so the music can no longer be bit perfect. So from a purist POV you would want to keep everything perfect but we also all live in a real world where often a small sacrifice in overall sound quality is more than made up by the convenience of having these software functions.
Listening to music should be fun and easy so don't worry if you want to use EQ or a software volume control. The beauty of Poly is you have both options and whether you want to listen to pure bit perfect audio or use software to adjust the sound to your particular tastes then you can.

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #3,418 of 18,821
thx. Just like I used to use Mojo and in line with my initial advice to NYanakiev. Then I couldn`t know how much control Poly has. Which makes his problem a possible Mojo problem??? We try to narrow it down somehow.

Thanks @Matt Bartlett @Andreeas1978

Mitch from Chord support also advised me to simply set a maximum comfortable level on Mojo in two use cases: IEMs and headphones. That seems to be the very best way to deal with this and preserve one's hearing from serious damage.
I am also curious as to what would be to blame for the behaviour I witnessed yesterday: sound going up by a lot on its own and distortion for about 10 seconds, followed by everything going back down to normal.

I was thinking of simply swapping Poly for a new unit but this would not change anything if it is the Mojo and not Poly.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #3,419 of 18,821
Thanks @Matt Bartlett @Andreeas1978

Mitch from Chord support also advised me to simply set a maximum comfortable level on Mojo in two use cases: IEMs and headphones. That seems to be the very best way to deal with this and preserve one's hearing from serious damage.
I am also curious as to what would be to blame for the behaviour I witnessed yesterday: sound going up by a lot on its own and distortion for about 10 seconds, followed by everything going back down to normal.

I was thinking of simply swapping Poly for a new unit but this would not change anything if it is the Mojo and not Poly.

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #3,420 of 18,821
Welcome! Your guide of Poly is a great value added to this thread, it`s a pleasure talking to you.
And you just gave me another idea, I think in my case I have used Mojo with HD800 previous session, forgot the volume level and switched to IE800. The sound was clear and no change in volume occurred. It`s clear a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back