Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,391 of 18,752
For my own ears and iems protection I always keep the "hardware" vol just a little higher than normal listening, just in case I want more, and I use the "software" volume so even if by accident the software goes max like in your case, I think I had problems like this with other players, nothing can happen. I think it's not a MojoPoly problem, might be a software loading initial settings issue. Anyways, keep your Mojo volume where it can't damage anything! Mojo sets the max possible, Airplay or whatever software can not go over that.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,392 of 18,752
No I'm not suggesting it's user error but I'm trying to isolate where the issue is coming from as you have a phone, Poly and Mojo in the chain.
I would certainly advise you visit or talk to your retailer so they can give further help.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #3,393 of 18,752
No I'm not suggesting it's user error but I'm trying to isolate where the issue is coming from as you have a phone, Poly and Mojo in the chain.
I would certainly advise you visit or talk to your retailer so they can give further help.

I referred to user error as previous posts on this thread have directly suggested that various issues people are having are not hardware related but user error.
Thanks Matt, will do.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #3,394 of 18,752
For my own ears and iems protection I always keep the "hardware" vol just a little higher than normal listening, just in case I want more, and I use the "software" volume so even if by accident the software goes max like in your case, I think I had problems like this with other players, nothing can happen. I think it's not a MojoPoly problem, might be a software loading initial settings issue. Anyways, keep your Mojo volume where it can't damage anything! Mojo sets the max possible, Airplay or whatever software can not go over that.

That's a sound piece of advice, thanks. I think that, in this case, something else is to blame as volume went incredibly high+distorted AND got back to normal on its own. I did not use any means of reducing the volume, be it software or hardware.

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #3,395 of 18,752
Question for all owners of the Mojo/Poly case??-- Is it worth dropping the extra $100! for the case?

Trusted Review's Cons were:
  • Case makes it bulky
  • Battery meter could be clearer
Do you also find the case bulky or unwieldy in your pocket? I of course want to protect my device and I will use it a lot on the go, but is it worth waiting for a slimmer / cheaper aftermarket case? Or is the case really slick and worth picking one up?

@chord - I think this ship has sailed an the answer is No, but any chance the offer for a free/poly case for pre-orders being extended to US customers?

I bought this Nite Ize Clip Case: https://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-Executive-Holster-Leather/dp/B00GOZOA0G

I haven't received my Poly yet (hoping this week in US), but measurements and trying it with mojo seem to indicate it will provide a secure fit, with access to headphone out, and quick open to adjust volume. The clip on is supposed to be high quality and strong, so that's also a plus (how would you carry the Chord case?). Price is great, too. I'll post pics when I get Poly.

Nov 13, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #3,396 of 18,752
@Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett

I had something very worrying happen for the third time in two days.

With the intention of using my phone's hotspot, I set everything up and put my earphones in. Having listened to music in the morning already, I was not expecting the deafening outburst of sound coming out that was so strong it hurt my ears. The music was sounding very distorted too. Surprisingly, after about 10 seconds the volume went back to normal on its own and the distortion disappeared.

I tried again at lunch and the same thing happened. This time I had not fully inserted the earphones in advance.

What is going on here? I have already requested a product replacement.
Should I perhaps wait until the firmware update is out- is this an issue that you guys have come across??

EDIT: Personally, I will never again start using Mojopoly with headphones/earphones on as what happened today can cause some real damage to one's hearing.

You might try to force quit your music app, restart your phone, then re-open the music app. I don't think there is a high probability that this solves the problem, but it's easy to try.

Edit: fixed a tpyo...

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #3,397 of 18,752
You might try to force quit your music app, restart your phone, then re-open the music app. I don't think there is a high probability that this solves the problem, but it's easy to try.

Edit: fixed a tpyo...

Thanks but already tried that. This happened on my iPhone and iPad using different apps.

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #3,398 of 18,752
Question for all owners of the Mojo/Poly case??-- Is it worth dropping the extra $100! for the case?

Trusted Review's Cons were:
  • Case makes it bulky
  • Battery meter could be clearer
Do you also find the case bulky or unwieldy in your pocket? I of course want to protect my device and I will use it a lot on the go, but is it worth waiting for a slimmer / cheaper aftermarket case? Or is the case really slick and worth picking one up?

@chord - I think this ship has sailed an the answer is No, but any chance the offer for a free/poly case for pre-orders being extended to US customers?

John (@Mojo ideas) advised on Oct 23:
We will do what we can on the cases for those that order in the next two weeks I think I can state that in that case you will get one!

So perhaps the U.S. Poly owners (of which I expect to be one this week when my Poly is delivered) may be able to obtain the case courtesy of Chord.

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3,399 of 18,752
What is the best app for the Poly? If the Chord app can do everything all those paid apps can do, I will wait ofcourse for the Poly app.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #3,400 of 18,752
That's a sound piece of advice, thanks. I think that, in this case, something else is to blame as volume went incredibly high+distorted AND got back to normal on its own. I did not use any means of reducing the volume, be it software or hardware.
Hm...incredibly high and distorted...! Once my Mojo started so loud that left me almost deaf and wondering if I just blew my IE 800. Might have been smth I did wrong with the volume or line out, you know, keep the buttons pressed etc. BUT it was incredible CLEAR, the highs were punching through my brain like needles. I don`t have Poly yet, it`s on its way. It seems like Mojo was override somehow, did you got the chance to see the color of the volume balls that moment?

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #3,401 of 18,752
What is the best app for the Poly? If the Chord app can do everything all those paid apps can do, I will wait ofcourse for the Poly app.
Neutron player it`s a very good app for the options it has, worths its money, I have bought it long ago just for what it does. It`s not bad to have them both...plus many others :))

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #3,402 of 18,752
Hm...incredibly high and distorted...! Once my Mojo started so loud that left me almost deaf and wondering if I just blew my IE 800. Might have been smth I did wrong with the volume or line out, you know, keep the buttons pressed etc. BUT it was incredible CLEAR, the highs were punching through my brain like needles. I don`t have Poly yet, it`s on its way. It seems like Mojo was override somehow, did you got the chance to see the color of the volume balls that moment?
I have had a few occasions with my mojo where I have been carrying it in my bag, and a book or small box in my bag has pressed the power ball, and switched the Mojo on, with the result that I suddenly discover that my mojo is warm, and has a nearly flat battery. Sometimes I have also found the volume very loud, so I think the same book/box has also pressed on the volume balls.
I nowadays carry the mojo in a leather bag, inside my other bag, so it is near impossible for anything to accidently press on the balls.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #3,403 of 18,752
I have had a few occasions with my mojo where I have been carrying it in my bag, and a book or small box in my bag has pressed the power ball, and switched the Mojo on, with the result that I suddenly discover that my mojo is warm, and has a nearly flat battery. Sometimes I have also found the volume very loud, so I think the same book/box has also pressed on the volume balls.
I nowadays carry the mojo in a leather bag, inside my other bag, so it is near impossible for anything to accidently press on the balls.
I was suspecting smth like that in my case also, never suspected Mojo failure. Now...when Poly is added to the equation, things change! Poly has control over Mojo.. We`re trying to figure out what happened to NYanakiev`s setup, it might affect us all at some point.. It`s strange that if a part is broken in a system it should manifest each time same conditions are met. His setup doesn`t do that all the time and I don`t think there`s too many ways to start MojoPoly.

Nov 13, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #3,404 of 18,752

Nope..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back