Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #2,446 of 19,010
Just so much drama on this release. I am equally caught up in it. Preordered beginning of year... refund in July after delays ... ordered again with Moon Audio when date was firmed... then North America does not get it on the 19th... app then the case issue. BTW- have not seen a North American retailer sell the largest long case this year. Chord i am hooked on your brand but please tell us the H2go release will be managed differently for the Hugo equivelant. Our family are looking for 2 Poly units, one in Japan and one in Canada. Will be curious to see when we actually get them and if with cases.
Really ! Drama It’s no surprise if you see things maybe from our perspective just a little more you might understand

We are a relatively small British company that is weathering massively disrupted components markets due to Brexit and other such nonsense in a world where everyone wants instant access to information and expects childlike instant gratification of their wishes either in the terms of the products design or when it will be delivered. We are producing design after design after design that is right on the bleeding edge of advanced audio technologies. We listen and take in valid feed back adjusting our technology as we go. Amazingly we have produced product and marketing information videos and such and copious information about our designs you may all be very surprised to know that we have only about twenty five people in our company in total! That is including designers, production staff, sales, marketing admin, management. Our competitors are huge and clever corporations like Iriver, Oppo and Sony! Our products have to interface with products from massive faceless world corporations that screw with their own designs with ever changing software rubbish issues.....And yet think about it, look at what we’ve given you all and try to understand that sometimes things must just be done in there own time. We are hoping to launch 2go and other designs at the CES show and we are hoping for production to be in line just prior to that! but Who knows if we will make it. After all we made thirty major software updates to Poly before production and component deliveries took six month longer than we were initially advised, so my advise to you all is please be patient and understand we are doing our utmost to make things happen for you all. Don’t worry though we will keep on delivering we at Chord love what we do and consider our selves lucky to be in such a great industry with such great customers that get it and really do appreciate what we do!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #2,447 of 19,010
Really ! Drama It’s no surprise if you see things maybe from our perspective just a little more you might understand

We are a relatively small British company that is weathering massively disrupted components markets due to Brexit and other such nonsense in a world where everyone wants instant access to information and expects childlike instant gratification of their wishes either in the terms of the products design or when it will be delivered. We are producing design after design after design that is right on the bleeding edge of advanced audio technologies. We listen and take in valid feed back adjusting our technology as we go. Amazingly we have produced product and marketing information videos and such and copious information about our designs you may all be very surprised to know that we have only about twenty five people in our company in total! That is including designers, production staff, sales, marketing admin, management. Our competitors are huge and clever corporations like Iriver, Oppo and Sony! Our products have to interface with products from massive faceless world corporations that screw with their own designs with ever changing software rubbish issues.....And yet think about it, look at what we’ve given you all and try to understand that sometimes things must just be done in there own time. We are hoping to launch 2go and other designs at the CES show and we are hoping for production to be in line just prior to that! but Who knows if we will make it. After all we made thirty major software updates to Poly before production and component deliveries took six month longer than we were initially advised, so my advise to you all is please be patient and understand we are doing our utmost to make things happen for you all. Don’t worry though we will keep on delivering we at Chord love what we do and consider our selves lucky to be in such a great industry with such great customers that get it and really do appreciate what we do!

I think that’s the problem. People have got used to huge companies monopolising and assume everyone should, and do, have true funds and manpower to operate in exactly the same way. I for one am glad that Chord don’t.

We need small companies who aren’t just chasing the big dollars but they really are the underdog outclassing many of the big boys. Of course they are here to make money, but they also give a damm about what they produce and continually strive to improve. That’s the only way they can survive.

And (through fear of bringing it up again) to the guy hung up on on Apple always having cases... come on man, get a grip! I remember buying the original IPhone onlaunch. You couldn’t buy a case for love nor money back then! Even when the 6 was launched (new shape) Apple themselves didn’t have enough cases BUT because of their size, loads of 3rd party (often crap and unauthorised) cases were out there for a mass market and a mature product line.

Anyway, I for one am grateful we have a company like Chord around striving for perfection with a passion that is obviously led from the front.

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #2,448 of 19,010
And (through fear of bringing it up again) to the guy hung up on on Apple always having cases... come on man, get a grip! I remember buying the original IPhone onlaunch. You couldn’t buy a case for love nor money back then! Even when the 6 was launched (new shape) Apple themselves didn’t have enough cases BUT because of their size, loads of 3rd party (often crap and unauthorised) cases were out there for a mass market and a mature product line.

Anyway, I for one am grateful we have a company like Chord around striving for perfection with a passion that is obviously led from the front.

My friend, it was Mojo Ideas who insisted to compare Poly+case vs. Apple releases of iPhones with cases. You don’t seem to understand neither that a product being kept on the pocket needs also a case (which now it’s only listed by some retailers and still it’s not in stock!). It’s not a 50GBP plastic player which you don’t care too much about, but a 500GBP device which gets scratched in your pocket if it comes without a case. And you scratch both Poly and Mojo!

You don’t seems to get it neither if I draw you on a paper.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #2,449 of 19,010
My friend, it was Mojo Ideas who insisted to compare Poly+case vs. Apple releases of iPhones with cases. You don’t seem to understand neither that a product being kept on the pocket needs also a case (which now it’s only listed by some retailers and still it’s not in stock!). It’s not a 50GBP plastic player which you don’t care too much about, but a 500GBP device which gets scratched in your pocket if it comes without a case. And you scratch both Poly and Mojo!

*Needs* a case is a bit strong- the last device I bought a case for was a silicon one for the original nano - which scratched the back loads!

Since then I've had lots of phones and pocketable electronics and kept most looking like new without being especially careful (including the Mojo which I don't think had any case available for months).

It' a personal preference thing. If the case is important to you then wait until it's available before you buy a Poly :)

There's also a whole industry around iPhone cases so Apple need to rush to be first to market so that is something they have teams doing as soon as the external design is known. It wouldn't surprise me if that kind of team is bigger than Chord in its entirety!

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #2,450 of 19,010

I am getting tired reading about Chord vs Apple comparisons- I am yet to see you post something positive and this constant bitching is getting annoying.

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #2,451 of 19,010

Thanks but I don’t need it drawn out for me. I’m not sure who bought it up but I do know who keeps going on about it! So I won’t comment about the case after this.
I have a mojo, poly and a hard case and in fact i’m choosing not to use the case right now, in the same way that when I get my iPhone X, I will not use a case. That’s my choice.
You also have a choice. If you are agrieved with the company or the launch, you can choose to give your hard earned cash to someone else. I doubt you will find a product like Poly, but hey there are some nice cases out their for other products.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #2,452 of 19,010
I am getting tired reading about Chord vs Apple comparisons- I am yet to see you post something positive and this constant bitching is getting annoying.

Agreed
Please either buy Poly, or don't buy Poly. The case won't affect the sound or the Mojo/Poly combo, so please stop moaning, make your decision, move on so this thread can return to the intended subject.

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #2,453 of 19,010
Back to the Poly. Personal hotspot very reliable and great range. I’ve managed to get it connected to my two access points now but connection seems a but flaky unless I connect directly to the WiFi from the router.
As far as I know, there is no way of viewing what network your Polyis connected to in order to troubleshoot?
I’m hoping that the app when released shows this kind of info?

Sound is still sublime and I love the lack of wires!

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #2,454 of 19,010
Back to Poly indeed! I am personally feeling better and better about my purchase by the day. Yes, I do believe that the manual provided is very scarce on important detail that has become available on this thread.
Yes, it would have been good to streamline setup through a dedicated app ready for launch.

However, I cannot stress enough how impressed I am by Chord's dedication to making this work. I exchanged a few emails with one of Chord's team (thanks Mitch Duce!!) that helped me with out quite a bit. It's also great to have the community on here.
I now have Poly set up as an access point that I use through 8player on my iPhone. That works pretty great, save for some weird RF noise when Tidal/Spotify are paused, that I am investigating. I am yet to set up my phone's personal hotspot or try Roon.

The real treat came when my PC SD card reader was delivered yesterday, allowing me to load my SD card with some high quality tracks. I was pretty much blown away and spent at least two hours in my room listening away. Suddenly the time I spent going back and forth trying to find out what I am doing wrong seemed to have been worth it. I am absolutely loving the freedom from any wires, save for my headphones. A big well done to Chord, I am really enthusiastic about what is to come!

P.S A quick question on charging M+P together- Poly's light is now blue (which should mean charged), while Mojo's light is still white. According to the Mojo manual, the white light should disappear when fully charged.
Thus- not sure why Mojo and Poly seem to be behaving differently with regards to charging?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #2,455 of 19,010
A pretty cool promo video that just came up on my YouTube feed:

Not sure about running with Mojo/Poly though! :D

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #2,457 of 19,010
Back to the Poly. Personal hotspot very reliable and great range. I’ve managed to get it connected to my two access points now but connection seems a but flaky unless I connect directly to the WiFi from the router.
As far as I know, there is no way of viewing what network your Polyis connected to in order to troubleshoot?

The New App will indeed show this and all kinds of other information.

Oct 22, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #2,460 of 19,010

The easiest way to view which network Poly is connected to, would be to check your router info, or check your Hotspot for connected devices.

can I connect my Bluetooth headphones to the poly? Probably not much point in doing so to listen to music originating from the phone, however Would be necessary to listen to what’s on the sdcard

No Bluetooth only works one way Poly can receive, but not send signals via Bluetooth

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back