Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 3, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #18,301 of 19,437
battery life of 8-ish hours is fine for my purpose, the charging time should help keep the battery healthy for longer.

Another question: I have managed to get most of the tracks on the µSD card show up now, but I am missing 40.(no idea which, because I can't export the playlist) Because the mpd.conf file is not accessible, I can't tell it to put debug info on the µSD card. Is there anything I can do to figure this out? @ChordElectronics

Dec 6, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #18,303 of 19,437
Well, there are no official apps. Roughly speaking, the interface therefore differs from Android and Apple users because then different apps are used.

except the go figure app from Chord. But most people only use that for initial configuration and now and then, for example, to change the poly from hotspot mode to wifi mode, or update firmware.

For MPD: I use m.a.l.p, and for dlna/upnp: bubbleUPNP or hificast. I think if you want to stream from NAS to poly, you could also use bubbleUPNP for that, assuming you also use Android. If you are an Apple user, then things are different again because, I believe, hificast, bubbleUPNP and m.a.l.p are not available at apple appstore.

Dec 6, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #18,304 of 19,437
Well, there are no official apps. Roughly speaking, the interface therefore differs from Android and Apple users because then different apps are used.

except the go figure app from Chord. But most people only use that for initial configuration and now and then, for example, to change the poly from hotspot mode to wifi mode, or update firmware.

For MPD: I use m.a.l.p, and for dlna/upnp: bubbleUPNP or hificast. I think if you want to stream from NAS to poly, you could also use bubbleUPNP for that, assuming you also use Android. If you are an Apple user, then things are different again because, I believe, hificast, bubbleUPNP and m.a.l.p are not available at apple appstore.

For iOS/iPadOS Rigelian seems to be the best for MPD. For DLNA/UPnP, mConnect works well for streaming from NAS or using SD Card. Your NAS will need a DLNA/UPnP server - I use MinimServer but some NAS models have built in apps as well.

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #18,305 of 19,437
This device sucks so much ass, it is not even funny.

With Black Friday, I bought a new router to get super low latency on my 10Gbit home network (as I do a lot streaming so latency is important).

This crappy ass Poly cannot get recognized no matter what.

Even my $499 Xbox Series X shows up as a UPnP/DLNA renderer, and this is a gaming console with 0% effort put into trying to make this work, yet it works.

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #18,306 of 19,437
Good shout.
Just updated mine. I can't see any difference. The Chord website only tells us
"

– Improves Poly’s stability when operating DLNA servers

– Bug fixes"

Doesn’t do jackshit. It is still a POS device.

Dec 7, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #18,307 of 19,437
So switching back to my previous router, the Chord Poly works.

But to use it on the high-speed ultra latency router, the Chord Poly refuses to work.

What kind of Spagetti code did those Chord engineers wrote.

Every device works except the Chord Poly.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #18,308 of 19,437
And this is the company that believes their device is so good, that you should use 3rd party apps rather than Chord their own app that is garantueed to work 100% with their own device.

Fact is, this device is so crap, it is incompatible with 3rd party apps and routers. You just have to be lucky that their Spagetti code somehow works with whatever you are using.

And this could mean that it is better to downgrade your router rather than using the latest and greatest high-speed low latency router.

Dec 7, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #18,309 of 19,437
And this is the company that believes their device is so good, that you should use 3rd party apps rather than Chord their own app that is garantueed to work 100% with their own device.

Fact is, this device is so crap, it is incompatible with 3rd party apps and routers. You just have to be lucky that their Spagetti code somehow works with whatever you are using.

And this could mean that it is better to downgrade your router rather than using the latest and greatest high-speed low latency router.
What are you still doing on this thread with your constant complaining? Why waste your time sharing thoughts that pretty much everyone on here is more than familiar with? Finding this rather tiring to be honest- why not actually sell the thing and move on?!

Dec 7, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #18,310 of 19,437

Really obvious question to ask, but you never know, the new router, does it support 2.4Ghz WIFI? Poly only works on that standard so if you only have 5Ghz or even 6Ghz enabled, Poly can't connect. Do you use Gofigure? Does Poly see your network in Gofigure?

Dec 7, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #18,311 of 19,437
Really obvious question to ask, but you never know, the new router, does it support 2.4Ghz WIFI? Poly only works on that standard so if you only have 5Ghz or even 6Ghz enabled, Poly can't connect. Do you use Gofigure? Does Poly see your network in Gofigure?

Ofcourse it does support 2.4ghz.

And the Chord Poly has no problem connecting to this network, else it wouldn't have been able to perform a firmware update where it has to download files to the Poly.

And ofcouse the new router was selected in the Gofigure app. How else would I have connected to the new router?

For some weird reason, Airplay 2 works somehow.

In any case, it doesn't matter. This Chord Poly goes back in the drawer again and I consider it just a good waste of $1000 that never got to work correctly.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #18,312 of 19,437
Ofcourse it does support 2.4ghz.

And the Chord Poly has no problem connecting to this network, else it wouldn't have been able to perform a firmware update where it has to download files to the Poly.

And ofcouse the new router was selected in the Gofigure app. How else would I have connected to the new router?

For some weird reason, Airplay 2 works somehow.

In any case, it doesn't matter. This Chord Poly goes back in the drawer again and I consider it just a good waste of $1000 that never got to work correctly.
If it all works fine on the other router, and all the above on the new router, the problem appears obvious. It's the router. Check settings.

Dec 7, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #18,313 of 19,437
Not going to be a popular answer but Poly and Mojo are portable products that people should be buying primarily for their portability. I don't even bother connecting my Poly to my home network, I think it would work but it overcomplicates things.

What I'd suggest is to only ever use Poly with a phone's hotspot and then its always available for use without any WIFI conflicts. I have a 2Go/2yu/TT2 for home use, 2Go is connected to my network with a cable in this case.

More money yes, but it is what it is, I would agree perhaps a different product would serve better.

Dec 7, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #18,314 of 19,437
If it all works fine on the other router, and all the above on the new router, the problem appears obvious. It's the router. Check settings.
@ubs28 @headmanPL is probably correct. Newer routers have "network isolation" option that will further isolate 2.4 from 5g networks and VLANs. Search for such option and it "should" do the trick. I use quotes purposely since I have never been able to make Poly operational according to its specification nor manual. Either it is very poorly documented and I am constantly doing something wrong or it is very broken product.

@User9876 that was my primary idea when I have been buying Poly for Mojo2 and Poly failed miserably too. Even BT connection is of very poor quality and I have dropouts that I do not have with all other BT audio devices while using the same mobile.

@NYanakiev I think it is important to write about issues we have a with Poly so potential new buyers are aware that this product is flawed, poorly documented and works randomly despite finally improving firmware. I wonder if your car would get broken a day you've got it from a dealer and it stayed that way for a few years, if you would keep that info for yourself or would you share it with others repeatedly?

PS: the cast feature from newest firmware does not work from UAPP on my Android (UAPP does not detect Poly) but at least mconnect started to work more stable. Funny that all applications I've tested detect now poly as a network storage yet they fail to detect it as an audio device for most of the time.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #18,315 of 19,437
@User9876 that was my primary idea when I have been buying Poly for Mojo2 and Poly failed miserably too. Even BT connection is of very poor quality and I have dropouts that I do not have with all other BT audio devices while using the same mobile.
Its tricky to get it working perfectly I agree and earlier versions of F/W were very frustrating in that I'd get it working perfectly for a few uses then it would just suddenly stop working. The latest F/W versions have been awesome.

I'm not listening to Poly/Mojo 2 at the moment but I could be streaming from Qobuz in 96khz FLAC in less than a minute, almost as quick a booting up a recent Android DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back