Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 1, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #18,287 of 19,435
Check your GoFigure version
@Guy Fawkes : 1.2.133 - newest according to Chord website:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 10.55.04.png

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #18,288 of 19,435
Can you share your settings for MAFA? For some reason, it is only seeing a small portion of my SD card. Under server it is saying "Limited support: missing optional commands; sticker, moveoutput, read picture, delpartition."
This is the same warning that I also receive, however it does not limit the correct display of all the contents of my mSD

photo_1_2023-12-01_10-38-34.jpg
photo_2_2023-12-01_10-38-34.jpg

In this case I am connected to my home network and MAFA automatically identifies the Host without the need to set it manually, same thing when I am connected to the shared network of my smartphone.

As I was saying, I also get the same warning and I never understood what it meant but I never looked into it further because despite everything everything works correctly and I can view all the files on the mSD.

I think your problem is due to something else, in the past it happened to me too and I had to format the mSD, reload all the files, insert it into the Poly, wait for the complete reading (until the multi-color LED stopped flashing ) then I entered the MAFA APP information, cleared the cache only after all this I started MAFA, waited for it to automatically load the Host and the content was completely visible with all the cover images set

photo_2023-12-01_10-51-29.jpg
photo_2023-12-01_10-54-48.jpg

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #18,289 of 19,435
@Guy Fawkes : 1.2.133 - newest according to Chord website:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 10.55.04.png
As I imagined, for some absurd reason the version shown on the Chord website is not the latest one available.

This thing had fooled me too because after the penultimate version of the GoFigure App (1.2.133) PlayStore does not offer the update of the App and I was left with the old version which did not display the latest version of the firmware available.

the latest version of GoFigure is as follows

photo_2023-12-01_11-03-15.jpg

and the only way to update it is to uninstall the currently installed version and perform a new download and installation from PlayStore, only in this way will you get the latest real version which will allow you to update to the latest firmware.

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #18,290 of 19,435
As I imagined, for some absurd reason the version shown on the Chord website is not the latest one available.

This thing had fooled me too because after the penultimate version of the GoFigure App (1.2.133) PlayStore does not offer the update of the App and I was left with the old version which did not display the latest version of the firmware available.

and the only way to update it is to uninstall the currently installed version and perform a new download and installation from PlayStore, only in this way will you get the latest real version which will allow you to update to the latest firmware.
:face_palm:

Dec 1, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #18,291 of 19,435

@Guy Fawkes thank you for help mate! I do appreciate it.

At Chord: how lame is it and how little effort it would require to make your poly app at least check and display correct information about your own software :frowning2:

Dec 1, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #18,292 of 19,435
This is the same warning that I also receive, however it does not limit the correct display of all the contents of my mSD

photo_1_2023-12-01_10-38-34.jpgphoto_2_2023-12-01_10-38-34.jpg

In this case I am connected to my home network and MAFA automatically identifies the Host without the need to set it manually, same thing when I am connected to the shared network of my smartphone.

As I was saying, I also get the same warning and I never understood what it meant but I never looked into it further because despite everything everything works correctly and I can view all the files on the mSD.

I think your problem is due to something else, in the past it happened to me too and I had to format the mSD, reload all the files, insert it into the Poly, wait for the complete reading (until the multi-color LED stopped flashing ) then I entered the MAFA APP information, cleared the cache only after all this I started MAFA, waited for it to automatically load the Host and the content was completely visible with all the cover images set

photo_2023-12-01_10-51-29.jpgphoto_2023-12-01_10-54-48.jpg

Thanks, seems like a promising app but it is not reading my SD card properly. Bubble UPnP doesn't have that problem, so I guess I will stick with that for the time being. MAFA is also not reading my album art. Not sure why it hates me.

Dec 1, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #18,294 of 19,435
does anybody know what the internal micro USB connector does that (seems to be) in the Poly? (not my pic) the micro USB connector in the top right sits behind the 'stud' that goes in the optical port of the mojo.

1701449913075.png

Dec 1, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #18,295 of 19,435
Thanks, seems like a promising app but it is not reading my SD card properly. Bubble UPnP doesn't have that problem, so I guess I will stick with that for the time being. MAFA is also not reading my album art. Not sure why it hates me.
the fact is that the MPD protocol is more powerful than the DLNA protocol to preclude it, Poly works better in MPD rather than in DLNA

It's not MAFA that hates you but Chord that hates all of us because until you decide to update the MPD version of the Poly to a more recent one, it won't be possible to view the embedded covers.

To view the cover images, simply insert the png file (cover.png or folder.png) into the folder.

Immagine1.png

However, it is very strange that it does not display all the files present in the mSD, I have never had any problem except just once but it was solved with the procedure I indicated.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #18,296 of 19,435
I have found Cantata very useful for creating MPD playlists available on Windows and Mac. Cantata creates the playlist in the correct format (both Poly and PC would need to be on the same network)

For connection to my Poly once setup I use M.A.L.P and Mconnect (the latter allows connection to Tidal and/or Qobuz), I am primarily an Android user, Rigelian works fine on iOS

Dec 1, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #18,297 of 19,435
that's a lot of no's for a €500+€500 product...the only truly disappointing one is not having USB throughput with poly connected. I'll definitely have a look to see if it can be done.

thanks for the answers!
Dare I say it you seem to have a unique set of requests, none I can recall being requested before :beyersmile:

We all have different requirements but alas not every product will suit everybody

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #18,298 of 19,435
Dare I say it you seem to have a unique set of requests, none I can recall being requested before :beyersmile:

We all have different requirements but alas not every product will suit everybody
I know and agree that my requests are unconventional :p

I'm thinking about the longetivity of both the micro usb ports, as well as the connectors, plus ease of use when using the case.

So far I have been very happy with the poly2mojo combo, and none of the thing I talked about are showstopping issues, only nice to haves :)

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #18,300 of 19,435
The battery life and battery charging times for the Mojo 1 and 2 and Poly are really poor for a product in 2023 / 2024. Very hard to sugarcoat that anymore...
I 100% agree with the charging times for all their products (same for the Hugo 2 / 2go), it's appallingly slow. But don't think the battery life is out of the ordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back