Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 21, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,561 of 18,835
Be interesting to hear what scope and functions are being added on top of what we know about.

Previous delays were put down to production issues and obtaining required components, so no doubt something value adding has resulted in the further delay being deemed worthwhile.

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,562 of 18,835
Be interesting to hear what scope and functions are being added on top of what we know about.

Previous delays were put down to production issues and obtaining required components, so no doubt something value adding has resulted in the further delay being deemed worthwhile.

You speak like others who trust Chord.  They're music fans and although the delay is disappointing, I think we will all understand John's excitement the last few months for Poly.  

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #1,563 of 18,835
  +1!

If the Poly can't play offline Tidal content on the SDXC card it is a nonstarter with me. I will just use my FiiO X5-III DAP for half the cost. I can't buy the Poly until this functionality is proven.

I went Fiio X5III for this reason. Spotify/Tidal works perfectly without dreaded Android scaling, and stored to either of its two micro SD cards. Sounds excellent too, nearly as nice as Mojo, better in some areas such as wider sound stage.

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #1,564 of 18,835

I went Fiio X5III for this reason. Spotify/Tidal works perfectly without dreaded Android scaling, and stored to either of its two micro SD cards. Sounds excellent too, nearly as nice as Mojo, better in some areas such as wider sound stage.

I thought only the fiio music app streamed bit perfect.  Are you sure Spotify/Tidal doesn't get resampled by android?

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #1,565 of 18,835
  I thought only the fiio music app streamed bit perfect.  Are you sure Spotify/Tidal doesn't get resampled by android?

Question asked numerous times on the X5III forum and Fiio confirmed all Audio goes through the Dual DAC's without android interference. I'm using straight out with Balanced cable to my SE846's.

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #1,567 of 18,835

Agree - the FiiO X5-III is a really nice device and a strong competitor to Poly at half the price. I remain interested in Poly but it is going to have to be tremendous to tempt an upgrade.

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #1,568 of 18,835
Any news or rumors about availability date of a super-poly for the HUGO2 ?

Apr 23, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #1,570 of 18,835
Chord are struggling to obtain the components to build the products launched at CES 2017.

Two options:

• If they have the press launch for 2Go at Munich show in May, then it will be months before they could promise to produce/ship the 2Go, so probably sometime 2018
  • if they press launch at CES 2018, then based on the current experience, probably shipping 6 months later
I doubt that Chord could commit to shipping dates any earlier than that.
We are not struggling we are waiting it's a component leadtime issue that's all. The program hasn't slipped any more since our statement early in march.

Apr 23, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,572 of 18,835
  Sorry if that was the wrong word. I have deleted the post.

I think the meaning is the same.  

They are not "struggling";  they are "waiting."

We are "struggling" due to our "waiting."  

regular_smile .gif

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,573 of 18,835
I meant to quote an earlier post but hadn't figured out I needed to be signed in first.  So there will be duplicate messages.  Sorry.

It looks like the ZTE Axon and Axon mini have reasonably good DACs,  AKM4492, and a single microsd card slot for storage.  The Mini is priced at $199 at BestBuy for an unlocked phone.

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,574 of 18,835
The upcoming Nokia phones are supposed to have pure android, memory cars slots and reasonable price. They are what I'm looking at as a potential replacement for my Nexus 5X.

​The ZTE Axon phones have a reasonably good DAC from what I can tell, AKM4492, and an SDXC card slot.  They are unlocked phones.  The Mini is available at Best Buy for $199.  If I were to get this phone, it would be for wireless and offline use only.  For my purposes, the Google Fi cell phone service is the best and least expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back