Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 6, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #167 of 18,788
Good to know.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #168 of 18,788

so will it play sd card stored music by any music app in android or ios like neutron, or will it be a by dedicated music player for chord specifically

It is a DLNA device so it will only play music that is stored locally on the Poly module. Your smartphone/tablet just acts as the controls and UI. There are numerous DLNA capable apps - some free (AK Connect) others for a few dollars.

DLNA can stream from another device for playback.  I've been doing it with a Soundaware server for a while now, though I'm not sure how this might work with the Poly, if at all.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #171 of 18,788
Poly's output is over USB direct to the USB Input on the MoJo.

The question is whether this USB is only useable with Mojo or with any other DAC USB input (either direct or with adapter).

If Poly were universally compatible and NOT manufacturer 'locked', it would extend its useful life and address a much bigger market than Mojo users who can be price sensitive.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #172 of 18,788

Poly's output is over USB direct to the USB Input on the MoJo.

The question is whether this USB is only useable with Mojo or with any other DAC USB input (either direct or with adapter).

If Poly were universally compatible and NOT manufacturer 'locked', it would extend its useful life and address a much bigger market than Mojo users who can be price sensitive.

I assume it will work with other USB dac with an adapter, because Mojo's usb port is generic ...!

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #175 of 18,788

I assume it will work with other USB dac with an adapter, because Mojo's usb port is generic ...!

It's not locked to just Mojo

Now people will use it as a network streamer .. Price Justified :).. Other network streamers are far more expensive than Poly also with less/same functionalities !
You just need a Female Micro to USB A/B/C/Micro cable and you are done !

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #176 of 18,788
Seeing that Poly uses DLNA, I was trying remember how it worked and I came across this: 
https://www.dlna.org/
PORTLAND, Ore., Jan. 5, 2017 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®) today announced that the organization has fulfilled its mission and will dissolve as a non-profit trade association.

DLNA never caught on with the general public, and the connected home trend bypassed it completely. DLNA will become one of those zombie technologies that fades away with time.

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #179 of 18,788
Jan 7, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #180 of 18,788
  Indeed. It would be nice if I can control it with my iWatch, which is what I currently do, and works very well I add.

Here we go

https://github.com/rbackhouse/mpdjs
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mpdjs/id965553250?mt=8

9OLeFJE.jpg

zIjvbGm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back