Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 2, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #13,231 of 18,757
I used foobar2000 on Windows for tagging/attaching, doesn't it work? On the root directory I could see a few MB zip file though in relation to album artwork. All this happened when I cleared the artwork the first time. I never managed to get it back.
You'll need to be using the MusicBrainz Tagger component for Foobar2000

May 2, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #13,232 of 18,757
Finally giving the Poly a shot, my unit is arriving today. Cautiously excited. Hope the setup goes smoothly (and firmware update). I may have questions!

Will be pairing with KSE1200. Poly is an effort to simplify the "portable" system. Hope it works well for my use case!

I have both an Android (Note 9) and iPhone 8 (through my employer). The iPhone only works in the office, and has the mobile hotspot option disabled unfortunately (employer carrier restriction), but I read the Poly can in turn be the router for the phone to connect to. That's how I'll have to use it. Will I still be able to stream music (I stream more than I use local storage) via this method?

May 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #13,235 of 18,757
Good day everyone. I have an issue with Roon 1.6 running on Windows 10. Roon sees Poly in AirPlay mode but not in Roon mode. Any tips?
Hi kornhead both Chord and Roon are aware of the problem @mattbartlet worked with Roon to set up a support area for this problem. There is a link to that thread in a recent previous post. Follow the link and follow the request from Roon to help them figure out the problem. Here is the link: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/chord-poly-support/68008

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #13,236 of 18,757
Finally giving the Poly a shot, my unit is arriving today. Cautiously excited. Hope the setup goes smoothly (and firmware update). I may have questions!

Will be pairing with KSE1200. Poly is an effort to simplify the "portable" system. Hope it works well for my use case!

I have both an Android (Note 9) and iPhone 8 (through my employer). The iPhone only works in the office, and has the mobile hotspot option disabled unfortunately (employer carrier restriction), but I read the Poly can in turn be the router for the phone to connect to. That's how I'll have to use it. Will I still be able to stream music (I stream more than I use local storage) via this method?

Yes the poly can be used as a hotspot, essentially creating the wifi network your phone can connect to.

However, be aware that the poly itself has no direct internet connection, that means that when the poly is the hotspot it's just providing a local network with no internet connectivity.

The iPhone can be put into a so called "hybrid" mode where it will connect to the wifi hotspot but still get it's internet connection from it's mobile radio. So you should be able to stream, but it also means your phone will have to use mobile data and not wifi. Android may or may not be able to do similar, it may also connect to the hotspot and assume that's where it should get data from and lose all internet connectivity.

Of course, if there is a wifi network your phones already connect to and you are able to connect your poly, that would likely be best, but I don't know how your employer would feel about a random streaming device connecting to their wifi.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #13,237 of 18,757
Yes the poly can be used as a hotspot, essentially creating the wifi network your phone can connect to.

However, be aware that the poly itself has no direct internet connection, that means that when the poly is the hotspot it's just providing a local network with no internet connectivity.

The iPhone can be put into a so called "hybrid" mode where it will connect to the wifi hotspot but still get it's internet connection from it's mobile radio. So you should be able to stream, but it also means your phone will have to use mobile data and not wifi. Android may or may not be able to do similar, it may also connect to the hotspot and assume that's where it should get data from and lose all internet connectivity.

Of course, if there is a wifi network your phones already connect to and you are able to connect your poly, that would likely be best, but I don't know how your employer would feel about a random streaming device connecting to their wifi.

Awesome, thanks for your response. How do you set the iPhone to this hybrid mode?

Correct, I want to use my employer's WiFi for this. But streaming via mobile data would be just fine if I could still have access to it after connect to the Poly via WiFi. Don't believe you can do this with Android. In my experience, once you connect via WiFi on Android, it disables mobile data access. Suffice to say, if I didn't have a iPhone, I wouldn't have bought the Poly. AirPlay is another reason; there isn't an equivalent yet (without Google Cast implemented) for Poly.

May 2, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #13,238 of 18,757
Awesome, thanks for your response. How do you set the iPhone to this hybrid mode?

Correct, I want to use my employer's WiFi for this. But streaming via mobile data would be just fine if I could still have access to it after connect to the Poly via WiFi. Don't believe you can do this with Android. In my experience, once you connect via WiFi on Android, it disables mobile data access. Suffice to say, if I didn't have a iPhone, I wouldn't have bought the Poly. AirPlay is another reason; there isn't an equivalent yet (without Google Cast implemented) for Poly.

Is there a reason you cannot connect the poly directly to the same wifi network your phones will be on when at work? Because that would most likely be the best solution.

As for the hybrid mode, I don't know since I don't have iPhones. Someone posted it in here a long time ago. And I believe this is the video link he posted

And you are correct their is no airplay equivalent for Android which does kind of suck. However, I believe they recently added tidal integration to the poly itself that can be used through android, and there is an app for Android I use to stream Spotify over WiFi to the poly called "hify", it gives you the option to use dlna ot airplay (yes from Android) and on the latest poly firmware it works quite well.

May 2, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #13,239 of 18,757
However, I believe they recently added tidal integration to the poly itself that can be used through android, and there is an app for Android I use to stream Spotify over WiFi to the poly called "hify", it gives you the option to use dlna ot airplay (yes from Android) and on the latest poly firmware it works quite well.

Thanks for the video!

I'm confused exactly what this new TIDAL integration means. I mean, don't many DLNA apps already have support for TIDAL streaming? What benefit does adding TIDAL integration have into Poly? Does it serve as an interface to stream through GoFigure or something?

May 2, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #13,240 of 18,757
I use Hify too for Spotify. Works OK.
I noticed in the UK they put Wifi on trains. No I get a little noise on my journeys with the Poly. I have an RFID shielded back pack which fixes it but is a bit of a faf. Anyone used the IFI IE match with a Poly ? Is it any good ? I'm using the CA Solaris IEM's

May 2, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #13,241 of 18,757
Thanks for the video!

I'm confused exactly what this new TIDAL integration means. I mean, don't many DLNA apps already have support for TIDAL streaming? What benefit does adding TIDAL integration have into Poly? Does it serve as an interface to stream through GoFigure or something?

I had to look it up... So if your dlna app already supported tidal, then nothing should have changed. However it seems that the recent update added the ability for your tidal service to show up in any dlna player regardless if it has the capability built in. Can't stream directly through go figure. The only actual playback through go figure is launching pre existing mpd playlists on the SD card.

I don't use tidal so I can't really comment further.l than that.

May 2, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #13,242 of 18,757
I use Hify too for Spotify. Works OK.
I noticed in the UK they put Wifi on trains. No I get a little noise on my journeys with the Poly. I have an RFID shielded back pack which fixes it but is a bit of a faf. Anyone used the IFI IE match with a Poly ? Is it any good ? I'm using the CA Solaris IEM's

I actually just got the iematch yesterday to use with my mojopoly and CA atlas. First impressions are pretty good. Seems to have completely eliminated the small amount of hiss I could hear and also seems to have eliminated the wifi/rf interference that I heard all the time. Though haven't been able to run it through all my use case scenarios yet to see if it truly had eliminated all the interference.

May 2, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #13,243 of 18,757
I had to look it up... So if your dlna app already supported tidal, then nothing should have changed. However it seems that the recent update added the ability for your tidal service to show up in any dlna player regardless if it has the capability built in. Can't stream directly through go figure. The only actual playback through go figure is launching pre existing mpd playlists on the SD card.

I don't use tidal so I can't really comment further.l than that.

I see. Thanks for your help!

May 2, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #13,244 of 18,757
Cool, sounds like just the ticket, I now "Need" one :). Thanks for the reply Mashuto.

May 2, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #13,245 of 18,757
Hi everyone,

I'm really close to buying a Poly but have some questions. I plan on using it primarily with Tidal from an iPhone.

First, how is its sound quality over Airplay from the Tidal app vs DNLA or BubbleUPNP? And streaming vs the SD card?

Second, how are peoples experiences using Poly in wifi environments where computers can't see each other on the network like Starbucks, a library, or at work?

Lastly, how does its sound quality via the Poly’s USB connection compare to a top-of-the-line optical source?

Thank you!
Eugene

Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back