Chord Anni
Sep 1, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #76 of 564
$500 AUD is a bargain. I’ve tested the Qutest and Huei both with and without the connecting frame… Put it this way- I listened via set of United Airlines complimentary headphones with the connecting frame, and a Utopia without the frame… the UA comp headphones easily bested the Utopia. Night and day difference.
Call me a convert. I recently lifted my Mogami's off the carpet with some rare Scandinavian oak risers. Let me tell you. Life. Changing.

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #77 of 564
Is it ironic?

Sep 1, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #78 of 564
🤣

Sep 1, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #79 of 564
Is it ironic?
Some people say that United Airlines complimentary headphones scale incredibly well, especially when paired with the ultra-magnetic-resonance-chamber of Chord's connecting frame, which is both convex and concave. This approach is innovative in the best sense of the term, thereby allowing for acoustic cocooning reverberation to be articulated in and through the ear chamber while the mouth simultaneously eats peanuts.

UAL962_photo_main_0.jpg

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #80 of 564
Ok it was! 😂😂

Sep 2, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #81 of 564
I listened to and measured the delta airlines "studio" earphones on a recent business trip to Europe.

Life changer.

graph (10).png

Sep 2, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #82 of 564
I listened to and measured the delta airlines "studio" earphones on a recent business trip to Europe.

Life changer.

Looks promising. Excellent channel balance. If I had one *minor* quibble, I would say you need a little more mids and I would roll off 12k to 14k, so that's it not even visible on the graph. Otherwise, top notch!

Sep 17, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #85 of 564
I hope it doesn't have a fan in it like the Chord Ttoby and Etude.

I had the Ttoby for a while but returned it, partly due to fan noise.
I fully agree with your take and would NEVER buy a HIFI product with a fan!
I had an OPPO multiplayer with a fan onboard on home loan once and returned it the next day.

DYNAMICS in most current HIFI contexts are IMO mostly NOT about how effing loud one can play in a good system but the opposite !
How quietly!
But still be able to hear the very low level timbral and acoustic cues and reverb tails gradually and realistically fade out.

Besides my Qutest works very well both with my Benchmark headphone amp and my main speaker amp.
Having said all this, my very recent upgrade to an SSD in my old iMac made it worse in one respect, the bloody fan now makes a lot of noise much more often than before.
My next computer /laptop upgrade will most probably be a laptop entirely without a fan.
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #86 of 564
in comparison to the looks of the previous products, Chord really got lazy thing time round I reckon.

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #87 of 564
I hope it doesn't have a fan in it like the Chord Ttoby and Etude.

I had the Ttoby for a while but returned it, partly due to fan noise.

I wonder what kind of weed whoever designed the Ttoby was smoking. Maybe the same as the person who decided how much it should cost.

With respect to this possible Chord headphone amp, it can't be real. Chord would never put a rotary volume control knob on anything when they could use a pretty colored ball instead.

If this is ever produced I guess it would be sold for around $1500 USD. Would I buy one? No thanks.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #88 of 564
I wonder what kind of weed whoever designed the Ttoby was smoking. Maybe the same as the person who decided how much it should cost.

With respect to this possible Chord headphone amp, it can't be real. Chord would never put a rotary volume control knob on anything when they could use a pretty colored ball instead.

If this is ever produced I guess it would be sold for around $1500 USD. Would I buy one? No thanks.
It is real and the volume control is fascia-mounted volume control that also doubles as an input selector switch. The Dave also has a knob.

Price guess is about correct. Did I mention it delivers 2 x 10 watts of Chord Electronics ULTIMA amplification? It does.

I cannot reval anything else at this point.

Sep 18, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #89 of 564
It is real and the volume control is fascia-mounted volume control that also doubles as an input selector switch. The Dave also has a knob.

Price guess is about correct. Did I mention it delivers 2 x 10 watts of Chord Electronics ULTIMA amplification? It does.

I cannot reval anything else at this point.

Ok, I believe you. I wonder why you are revealing things and not Chord. Are they too busy to introduce their new products?

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #90 of 564

You should take a look at Chord's Product line if you don't think they use knobs: https://chordelectronics.co.uk/products

Ok, I believe you. I wonder why you are revealing things and not Chord. Are they too busy to introduce their new products?

Chord hasn't officially announced this product yet. Companies typically have dates they plan on releasing. Maybe they planned on releasing this at CanJam or RMAF (rip).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back