Chord Anni
Aug 26, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #62 of 564
I don't know about Rolexes or any other "bling" watch, I'm more of a Casio man myself, but in any case - let's get back on track shall we, gentleman.

The Anni is forthcoming. According to one Twitter user, the actual retail price is 250 AUD rather than 2500 AUD. As I understand it, this would put it more in the budget market, which is a bit concerning (i.e., 150 Euros, if he's correct).

Screenshot 2021-08-26 103048.png

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #65 of 564
I don't know about Rolexes or any other "bling" watch, I'm more of a Casio man myself, but in any case - let's get back on track shall we, gentleman.

The Anni is forthcoming. According to one Twitter user, the actual retail price is 250 AUD rather than 2500 AUD. As I understand it, this would put it more in the budget market, which is a bit concerning (i.e., 150 Euros, if he's correct).

Weird...doesn't make sense for Chord to create a budget amp that looks like their mid-fi dac. Would probably be bad for their brand given that they have built their brand on mid-fi to summit-fi.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #66 of 564
Weird...doesn't make sense for Chord to create a budget amp that looks like their mid-fi dac. Would probably be bad for their brand given that they have built their brand on mid-fi to summit-fi.
I contend the original price 2500AUD is likely correct and would be in alignment with the qutest.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #67 of 564

Mmm, despite this tweet, I'm of the opinion that the folks at headphonesty are simply mistaken. It's very unlike Chord to release a sub-$200 device, let alone a desktop amplifier. Their cheapest product, thus far, is a Mojo, and this little all-in-one retails for approximately $500. This is less than half of that, yet it appears to be a perfect match in size to a Qutest. It almost beggars belief that the company would ask users of a Qutest to pair a high-end DAC with a budget amplifier. It just doesn't sound like Chord at all.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #68 of 564
Mmm, despite this tweet, I'm of the opinion that the folks at headphonesty are simply mistaken. It's very unlike Chord to release a sub-$200 device, let alone a desktop amplifier. Their cheapest product, thus far, is a Mojo, and this little all-in-one retails for approximately $500. This is less than half of that, yet it appears to be a perfect match in size to a Qutest. It almost beggars belief that the company would ask users of a Qutest to pair a high-end DAC with a budget amplifier. It just doesn't sound like Chord at all.
Agree - and with remarks above - almost certainly an error by Headphonesty. Not exactly surprising given the confusion surrounding the amp.

Aug 31, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #74 of 564
Well I can order one. And it is most certainly going to cost me over 2000 AUD to do so.

They charge 500 AUD for the small frame that holds the Qutest and Huei together....

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #75 of 564
Well I can order one. And it is most certainly going to cost me over 2000 AUD to do so.

They charge 500 AUD for the small frame that holds the Qutest and Huei together....
$500 AUD is a bargain. I’ve tested the Qutest and Huei both with and without the connecting frame… Put it this way- I listened via set of United Airlines complimentary headphones with the connecting frame, and a Utopia without the frame… the UA comp headphones easily bested the Utopia. Night and day difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back