Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 3, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #6,121 of 6,290
This is funny. I tried to check if there is an update for the Chord Poly, and the GoFigure app also freezes crashes with the Chord Poly too.

So it's quite clear that the Chord 2Go of mine doesn't suffer from a hardware problem as it happens also with the Chord Poly.
Its a known bug with GoFigure, go figure, check back a few pages. :) We are told Chord is working on a fix.

Grab a friends Android device to do the config and then use Rigelian for SD card playback and AirPlay for everything else.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #6,122 of 6,290
As a newbie to GoFigure, I have two questions — do you also have these problems?
  1. GoFigure freezes if I select Device Setting (under Settings). I have to leave GoFigure and reenter it to do anything with it.
  2. Is there a way to get higher than 44.1 out of Tidal? I can play Tidal through Roon or direct from my iPhone via AirPlay, but I never get any MQA rates on Masters other than 44.1. Yet on my old Hugo 1, I can at least get up to first unfolding rate (88.2) if I connect my iPhone via CCK to USB input.
Is there another service, maybe Qobuz, that allows the Hugo 2 / 2Go to play at higher than 44.1 sampling rate?

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #6,123 of 6,290
As a newbie to GoFigure, I have two questions — do you also have these problems?
  1. GoFigure freezes if I select Device Setting (under Settings). I have to leave GoFigure and reenter it to do anything with it.
  2. Is there a way to get higher than 44.1 out of Tidal? I can play Tidal through Roon or direct from my iPhone via AirPlay, but I never get any MQA rates on Masters other than 44.1. Yet on my old Hugo 1, I can at least get up to first unfolding rate (88.2) if I connect my iPhone via CCK to USB input.
Is there another service, maybe Qobuz, that allows the Hugo 2 / 2Go to play at higher than 44.1 sampling rate?

Thanks!
1. Yes, see my reply above I believe that issue affects all iOS GoFigure users.

2. As you are really limited to using AirPlay with the various music apps and because it is limited to 44.1 there isn't really a good way to use 2Go at higher sampling rates with any of them on iOS.

Android users can send > 44.1 to 2Go using DLNA and apps like BubbleUPNP and MConnect but and here is the but, it doesn't really work as reliably as AirPlay does. For the odd HiRes album I purchase from Qobuz, that will live on a uSD card and I play those using Rigelian.

This really is the best way to enjoy 2Go and I don't get too hung up on HiRes because Rob Watts says that his DAC design doesn't really need HiRes and I believe him. :)

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #6,124 of 6,290
1. Yes, see my reply above I believe that issue affects all iOS GoFigure users.

2. As you are really limited to using AirPlay with the various music apps and because it is limited to 44.1 there isn't really a good way to use 2Go at higher sampling rates with any of them on iOS.

Android users can send > 44.1 to 2Go using DLNA and apps like BubbleUPNP and MConnect but and here is the but, it doesn't really work as reliably as AirPlay does. For the odd HiRes album I purchase from Qobuz, that will live on a uSD card and I play those using Rigelian.

This really is the best way to enjoy 2Go and I don't get too hung up on HiRes because Rob Watts says that his DAC design doesn't really need HiRes and I believe him. :)
Yes, I agree…don’t get too hung up on HiRes. Before I purchased this Hugo2 / 2Go, I compared my Hugo 1 Original to my iBasso DX170 which did full MQA decoding to “HiRes.” The Hugo still sounded better. Thaat was major in convincing me to get this, despite possible HiRes limitations.

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #6,125 of 6,290
New version of GOFIGURE For IOS : 2.11(5)

Now I can try to install the new Firmware update 1.57 for 2GO.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #6,126 of 6,290
New version of GOFIGURE For IOS : 2.11(5)

Now I can try to install the new Firmware update 1.57 for 2GO.

Did the firmware update went successfully and without problems?

Mar 12, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #6,127 of 6,290
Just had a look at GoFigure- it no longer crashes in General Settings. No new firmware available for now, though.

Mar 12, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #6,128 of 6,290
Did the firmware update went successfully and without problems?
And, the firmware 1.57 of the 2GO works directly without a little shadow.
With Gofigure, Maximize MPD, Mconnect, BubbleUPnP and M.A.L.P.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #6,130 of 6,290
I need to call Chord support on Monday my 2Go just stopped charging the Hugo2. The pass-through 5v seems to be broken.

When I connect my 2yu it wont power that either.

I can still charge 2Go and Hugo2 separately just not when connected. Anyone else had this happen to theirs?

Apr 23, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #6,131 of 6,290
I need to call Chord support on Monday my 2Go just stopped charging the Hugo2. The pass-through 5v seems to be broken.

When I connect my 2yu it wont power that either.

I can still charge 2Go and Hugo2 separately just not when connected. Anyone else had this happen to theirs?
I had that last year. It had to be sent back to Chord & they resoldered the connections and its been fine since then.

It didn't take long to get fixed, but was still hugely frustrating when it happened though.

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #6,132 of 6,290
For my Chord Hugo2 and 2Go, I have two 500 GB SD cards in the 2Go. In GoFigure (version 2.11(5)) I first use General Settings and choose "Refresh Current SD Card Database," having selected either the right or the left SD card. After showing "Indexing" for a bit, it comes back idle.

I then move to 8player Pro, select Servers, then Refresh (to update any finding of the 2Go), then choose the 2Go. I find that in choosing either Music or Folders, at least half of the folders that I know are on the SD cards do not appear, or if the folders appear, they are listed as Empty (even though I can read them on my computer).

What do I need to do to see all the files? Thanks.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #6,133 of 6,290
Good news, my 2Go is on its way back to me, only one week and no charge on a two year old streamer, not sure what other manufacturer would offer that service. It does cost 1K though so I guess there is that.

"Repair information: re-soldered both USB ports as pins had become disconnected. USBs now much stronger. Charged and tested.

If you have any questions, please contact service@chordelectronics.co.uk

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL"

May 8, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #6,134 of 6,290
Received a new 2yu today.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t turn on at all.
Pressing the power button , nothing happens, red ball stays as it is.

Update:
4 hours and several trials later the 2yu turned on and is working fine now.
very strange.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back