Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 18, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #5,956 of 6,290
I have owned Hugo2+2go for almost 2 years. I had almost given up on the combo because it never worked reliably with Roon via WiFi. I haven't changed my WiFi hardware. The only things that clearly changed were firmware/software versions. A couple of weeks ago I updated 2go to the latest firmware, and got to try the combo again. Fingers crossed, it's been working flawlessly in both locations. Go figure... (pun intended)

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #5,957 of 6,290
Hi

I have possibly a noob question haha. I am using VLC to access my SD card in 2Go. I am not using Glider as it has issues recognizing my parts of my music library.
When I select the music from the 2Go (via UPNP) the music plays off my iPhone speakers and not out of my Hugo 1/4 inch jack.

Do I need to put Hugo in hotspot mode and use airplay? Currently I have Hugo 2 connected via ethernet.

Thanks
You also need to select 2go as the renderer. I’m not familiar with VLC. If you choose 2go from iPhone control center, you’ll at least get airplay. I use mconnect.

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #5,959 of 6,290
Hi

I have possibly a noob question haha. I am using VLC to access my SD card in 2Go. I am not using Glider as it has issues recognizing my parts of my music library.
When I select the music from the 2Go (via UPNP) the music plays off my iPhone speakers and not out of my Hugo 1/4 inch jack.

Do I need to put Hugo in hotspot mode and use airplay? Currently I have Hugo 2 connected via ethernet.

Thanks
I think you need to tell VLC to use the 2go as the renderer, not your phone.

Jul 19, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #5,960 of 6,290
I've decided I need to replace my Orbi router/satellite. Any one using a mesh system with their 2Go that doesn't drop off when you move between access points?? thx

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #5,961 of 6,290
I've decided I need to replace my Orbi router/satellite. Any one using a mesh system with their 2Go that doesn't drop off when you move between access points?? thx
I had nothing but issues with Orbi. Been using AmpliFi Alien mesh system in a 4000sq ft house for around 18 months and never have any drops at all.

Jul 19, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #5,962 of 6,290
Nest or Google Mesh for me. No issues going on 2+ years.

Had the Orbi as well for a while. 2go liked to drop out when walking across my modest sized house.

Jul 25, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #5,966 of 6,290
I think we need a bit more info before answering that question. I use my 2Go all the time via WiFi/Ethernet and it never switches automatically to Bluetooth.
I mean when a BT connected device starts playing.
Let's say I'm using Roon to playback into 2GO's network input, and I have a computer connected to the 2GO via BT. While music is playing in Roon, if the computer makes any sound, the Roon playback stops and 2GO switches to its BT input. I want to avoid that. Kind of like an exclusive mode.

Jul 25, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #5,967 of 6,290
I mean when a BT connected device starts playing.
Let's say I'm using Roon to playback into 2GO's network input, and I have a computer connected to the 2GO via BT. While music is playing in Roon, if the computer makes any sound, the Roon playback stops and 2GO switches to its BT input. I want to avoid that. Kind of like an exclusive mode.
Thanks, I think I understand what the issue is. I don't have any device paired to my 2Go as a Bluetooth audio device, so that may be why I never have this issue.

I guess if Chord would do something in the F/W to fix this for you that would be awesome, don't hold your breath though. :wink:

If I were you I would turn off Bluetooth on your PC, or disconnect Bluetooth at source from the 2Go when using Roon, that's your only two options as far as I know, but having never seen this issue before I may not be best placed to answer.

Jul 28, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #5,968 of 6,290
Like many of you, I’ve dealt with a LOT of networking issues with both the 2Go and the Poly. I thought it had be due the Chord units because I’ve been using a top-rated WiFi mesh network: Orbi RBR850. Every other WiFi device seemed to work just fine. It had to be the Chord units.

After sending in my 2Go to The Sound Organisation, they said it checked out fine. I exchanged a number of emails with Rick. He suggested I try the 2Go on a different network. I was extremely doubtful, to say the least.

Lo and behold, the 2Go performed flawlessly using a different network. @Planemaker said his Poly worked great with his Asus XT8. It also had great reviews, generally ranking just below the Orbi system.

I installed the XT8 earlier this week. The difference has been astounding!!! The 2Go connects first time, every time. Poly no longer drops connection when I move between nodes. I’ve only been able to make the 2Go drop once, then it just moved on to the next song. Previously, I had to shut down the 2Go until the lights went out and restart it, hoping it would reconnect. PITA

In a perfect world, 2Go/Poly would work fine with every model router out there. That said, it’s a nigh impossible even for a much larger organization.

If you’ve been having networking issues, I highly suggestion you try going to a friend’s house who uses a different brand router. If you’re getting a new router, the XT8 is a champ in my book!!

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #5,969 of 6,290
Like many of you, I’ve dealt with a LOT of networking issues with both the 2Go and the Poly. I thought it had be due the Chord units because I’ve been using a top-rated WiFi mesh network: Orbi RBR850. Every other WiFi device seemed to work just fine. It had to be the Chord units.

After sending in my 2Go to The Sound Organisation, they said it checked out fine. I exchanged a number of emails with Rick. He suggested I try the 2Go on a different network. I was extremely doubtful, to say the least.

Lo and behold, the 2Go performed flawlessly using a different network. @Planemaker said his Poly worked great with his Asus XT8. It also had great reviews, generally ranking just below the Orbi system.

I installed the XT8 earlier this week. The difference has been astounding!!! The 2Go connects first time, every time. Poly no longer drops connection when I move between nodes. I’ve only been able to make the 2Go drop once, then it just moved on to the next song. Previously, I had to shut down the 2Go until the lights went out and restart it, hoping it would reconnect. PITA

In a perfect world, 2Go/Poly would work fine with every model router out there. That said, it’s a nigh impossible even for a much larger organization.

If you’ve been having networking issues, I highly suggestion you try going to a friend’s house who uses a different brand router. If you’re getting a new router, the XT8 is a champ in my book!!
100% agree. I to have zero issues using 2Go with my TP-Link Deco M5 network.

Jul 29, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #5,970 of 6,290

Super happy, it worked out for you! ASUS has an undeserved réputation of a geeky/nerdy difficult to setup brand that made me hesitate a lot but it took me less than 5mn to make it happen (2mn dedicated to the name of the SSID 😀)
In the same way, I think issues that people(including me) had with Poly were a blend of network, lack of clarity of the manual and self-fed frustration, But it is indeed working!
After few weeks, it has become a bliss using it, outside with 4G with both Tidal and Qobuz but also at home. And all in HI-RES. Did not expect to use it so much that my XM4 are taking the dust
Thanks for all the great support in that group. It helped a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back