Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 27, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #5,971 of 6,290
Yeah, for outside use you are stuck with Mconnect. That is until Chord decides to come with a real app (something that we asked at the beginning of the Chord Poly already).

If you stream high-resolution audio (192khz) from Qobuz, then Mconnect is the only option as Airplay does not support such high sample rates.
Is this still the case after so many years? I wish I could browse and play music without leaving the excellent Qobuz app with the same quality that Mconnect via DLNA offers. Because music discovery is not so nice on Mconnect, I have to keep going forth and back between Mconnect and Qobuz when browsing and listening to music. It's not ideal. I hope airplay can increase their quality soon.

Aug 27, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #5,972 of 6,290
There are indications that Apples is working on an Airplay upgrade. Considering that it gets an upgrade to support higher sample rates, could it ever sound better than Mconnect via DLNA?
I know that Mconnect acts as just a remote control to send instructions to the 2Go which then streams the music straight from the server, without going through the iPhone. And that 2Go is the actual music player, making use of its precise clock. But, I don't think this is the case with Airplay, where the content is streamed from the server to the App on the phone and then streamed to the 2Go. This makes me wonder which device is actually playing the music on Airplay. Is it the App on the phone or the 2Go? This is a concern I have, regardless of the sample rates it supports. Any comments are really appreciated. Tks.

Aug 27, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #5,973 of 6,290
Is this still the case after so many years? I wish I could browse and play music without leaving the excellent Qobuz app with the same quality that Mconnect via DLNA offers. Because music discovery is not so nice on Mconnect, I have to keep going forth and back between Mconnect and Qobuz when browsing and listening to music. It's not ideal. I hope airplay can increase their quality soon.
The Chord approach has remained constant for several years. GoFigure was always intended as just a configuration app (initially Poly and then 2Go).
The Chord intention has always been that Poly/2Go owners can then use the music App off their choice, not developed by Chord.
Chords skills are in developing dacs/amps/streamers and not in software development, so Apps are outsourced.

Yes some posters still insist that Chord develop music apps, but I think they are deluded.

Aug 27, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #5,974 of 6,290
I do like my 2Go and I've adjusted to its idiosyncrasies but if Chord could add the "connect" protocols from Tidal, Qobuz, heck even Spotify it would be so much more convenient, and would perhaps even allow offline mode. We can hope cant we, but I now know it will never happen.

I mostly use my 2Go on my desk now with Roon and it works flawless in this scenario.

Aug 27, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #5,975 of 6,290
The Chord approach has remained constant for several years. GoFigure was always intended as just a configuration app (initially Poly and then 2Go).
The Chord intention has always been that Poly/2Go owners can then use the music App off their choice, not developed by Chord.
Chords skills are in developing dacs/amps/streamers and not in software development, so Apps are outsourced.

Yes some posters still insist that Chord develop music apps, but I think they are deluded.
Hi, thanks, I understand that. But, I was more wondering about the second statement: "If you stream high-resolution audio (192khz) from Qobuz, then Mconnect is the only option as Airplay does not support such high sample rates."
Is there any other alternatives to Mconnect these days? Thanks again.

Aug 27, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #5,976 of 6,290
U can also try bubbleupnp for the 2go2yu,it has more function and it is
Hi, thanks, I understand that. But, I was more wondering about the second statement: "If you stream high-resolution audio (192khz) from Qobuz, then Mconnect is the only option as Airplay does not support such high sample rates."
Is there any other alternatives to Mconnect these days? Thanks again.
https://help.qobuz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028773071-How-do-I-experience-Hi-Res-on-Android-

Aug 27, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #5,977 of 6,290
Deleted

Aug 28, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #5,978 of 6,290
I do like my 2Go and I've adjusted to its idiosyncrasies but if Chord could add the "connect" protocols from Tidal, Qobuz, heck even Spotify it would be so much more convenient, and would perhaps even allow offline mode. We can hope cant we, but I now know it will never happen.

I mostly use my 2Go on my desk now with Roon and it works flawless in this scenario.
I asked Chord about this a few months ago. They said they are working on it, with Spotify likely being here sooner than Tidal, but they don't have a time line for introduction.

FWIW I've been using free trials of Roon & Qobuz (included with Mojo2) & am converted to Roon. The UI is much better than Qobuz's and does stream to 2go & Poly at 192/24.

Aug 28, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #5,979 of 6,290
I asked Chord about this a few months ago. They said they are working on it, with Spotify likely being here sooner than Tidal, but they don't have a time line for introduction.

FWIW I've been using free trials of Roon & Qobuz (included with Mojo2) & am converted to Roon. The UI is much better than Qobuz's and does stream to 2go & Poly at 192/24.
How much is Roon and do I need extra hardware? Can I run it on a Mac? Thanks.

Aug 28, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #5,980 of 6,290
Sep 2, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #5,982 of 6,290
I know that Mconnect acts as just a remote control to send instructions to the 2Go which then streams the music straight from the server, without going through the iPhone. And that 2Go is the actual music player, making use of its precise clock. But, l’m Just wondering if that’s the case with Airplay, where the content is streamed from the server to the App on the phone and then sent to the 2Go. This makes me wonder which device is actually playing the music on Airplay. Is it the App on the phone or the 2Go? This is more of a concern to me than the sample rates it supports. Any comments are really appreciated. Tks.

Sep 3, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #5,985 of 6,290

Users who are viewing this thread

Back