Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 10, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #5,746 of 6,288
Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller here. Don’t mean to hijack the thread but couldn’t seem to find the answer to this through a search.

Does the 2Go have make an appreciable difference to SQ over a good USB cable from a good source such as an iPad or a DAP?

Or is its appeal the convenience of not having too many things to connect to the Hugo 2?

Thank you…
For me there’s a big big difference. Using the hugo2 as a standalone device over usb and a nordost blue haven cable to either an iPhone or Mac (running audiovarna) there is still a big difference. With the 2go it’s more detailed, more ease full and separations is mush better. Just sounds more “right” to me as I have been accustomed to the sound. But but but… using the 2go is troublesome to say the least. It’s dropping connections and m-connect is as ugly as it is unstable - for me at least. I think your router and setup is a factor here. For me it is bare able but I am currently looking for a more stable way of playing my music.

Oct 10, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #5,747 of 6,288
For me there’s a big big difference. Using the hugo2 as a standalone device over usb and a nordost blue haven cable to either an iPhone or Mac (running audiovarna) there is still a big difference. With the 2go it’s more detailed, more ease full and separations is mush better. Just sounds more “right” to me as I have been accustomed to the sound. But but but… using the 2go is troublesome to say the least. It’s dropping connections and m-connect is as ugly as it is unstable - for me at least. I think your router and setup is a factor here. For me it is bare able but I am currently looking for a more stable way of playing my music.
Wow, thanks for the quick and helpful reply! That’s really good to know. I’ve gotten a sense that the 2Go experiences ‘technical difficulties’ and have been wondering if it would be worth investing in it. I would be using it with an SD card mostly, but from the posts above I guess I would have to watch out for long/odd filenames and metadata.

Oct 10, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #5,749 of 6,288
Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller here. Don’t mean to hijack the thread but couldn’t seem to find the answer to this through a search.

Does the 2Go have make an appreciable difference to SQ over a good USB cable from a good source such as an iPad or a DAP?

Or is its appeal the convenience of not having too many things to connect to the Hugo 2?

Thank you…
For me its totally about convenience, I don't notice any improvements in sound quality over any other good USB source.

Very occasionally I do still get a little pop/click too so there is that.

Overall I'm happy with my 2Go-Hugo2.

Oct 10, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #5,751 of 6,288
For me its totally about convenience, I don't notice any improvements in sound quality over any other good USB source.

Very occasionally I do still get a little pop/click too so there is that.

Overall I'm happy with my 2Go-Hugo2.
Exactly same for me.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #5,753 of 6,288
anyone else having problems upgrading from 1.5.0 to the latest firmware? mine starts, runs for about 15 seconds, then says the 2go disconnected. I reconnect and it hasnt upgraded. I have tried all the usuals of restarting etc etc. Suspect this is just more buggy code from chord.

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #5,754 of 6,288
so I am currently looking for a streamer to pair with my DAVE and 2Go/2Yu comes into my attention because I like continuity and I am pretty sure it'll work well with DAVE. However, I would like to inquire if the folks here have tried to compare 2Go/2Yu's streaming SQ qualities versus other streamers from other brands ?

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #5,755 of 6,288
so I am currently looking for a streamer to pair with my DAVE and 2Go/2Yu comes into my attention because I like continuity and I am pretty sure it'll work well with DAVE. However, I would like to inquire if the folks here have tried to compare 2Go/2Yu's streaming SQ qualities versus other streamers from other brands ?
I use a Sonore Optical Rendu with a opticalModule Deluxe with my Dave and Mscaler.

My source started to act up due to a software issue and I got a 2Yu for my Hugo 2 and 2Go. I did not compare it as I hate a/b-ing things that require time for changing the configuration but my setup sounded at the same level as with the Sonore gear. Which is to say great.
I have, since, gone back to using the Optical Rendu as I want to continue using the 2Go with the Hugo 2 as a second Roon endpoint. 2Yu is there as a backup for the time being.

Oct 12, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #5,756 of 6,288
I use a Sonore Optical Rendu with a opticalModule Deluxe with my Dave and Mscaler.

My source started to act up due to a software issue and I got a 2Yu for my Hugo 2 and 2Go. I did not compare it as I hate a/b-ing things that require time for changing the configuration but my setup sounded at the same level as with the Sonore gear. Which is to say great.
I have, since, gone back to using the Optical Rendu as I want to continue using the 2Go with the Hugo 2 as a second Roon endpoint. 2Yu is there as a backup for the time being.
Thanks for your input ! Sorry if this has been addressed before but what exactly is the sonore gear ?

Oct 13, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #5,757 of 6,288
Thanks for your input ! Sorry if this has been addressed before but what exactly is the sonore gear ?
"Sonore Optical Rendu with a opticalModule Deluxe" as per the post you commented on :wink:

Oct 13, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #5,759 of 6,288
The software is keeping me off to buy this streamer. I would really appreciate better software integration.
I have very mixed feelings as well. But sound is fantastic! I believe that if you have Roon the experience is better and you get the Roon interface.

Also and a testament to how good this streamer is; I experimented with using a chord electric 8switch and chord shawline Ethernet cables through out my source line and lastly ifi power X for my router, switch and the Hugo/2go. it just elevated the sound enormously - can’t not describe how it changed the sound in my system. I think the Ethernet input in the 2go is very sensitive. Eliminate jitter etc. and you will be well rewarded.

Oct 13, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #5,760 of 6,288
Eliminate jitter etc. and you will be well rewarded.
Roon RAAT runs on top of TCP/IP. It is an asynchronous protocol. Jitter is meaningless for async communication. If changing ethernet wiring and routers makes any difference to SQ via 2go, that means 2go is poorly designed electrically and/or digitally. Which we already knew from its woes with WiFi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back