Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 4, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #5,731 of 6,288
Not sure if this is Hugo or 2go related, but has anyone ever had an instance where the volume kept increasing on its own? I was in bed listening to my KSE1200 and this happened the first time ever. Wasn't touching my Bubbleupnp player or anything, just listening. It freaked me out, cuz my KSE amp starting blinking red like crazy (apart from the blasting in my ears). This is a very dangerous bug. If I wasn't wearing my headphones and heard this happen, could've damaged them. Need to be mindful of this now.

Happen to anyone else?

You don't happen to have any other remote control devices around? I got unlucky and realized the remote for my FluxLab Fa-10 amp overlapped with my Hugo2 signals.

So adjusting the volume of my amp made my Hugo2 respond in chaotic ways. So I stopped using my amp remote. (Or I cover the main led window that includes the Hugo2's infrared sensor)

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #5,732 of 6,288
You don't happen to have any other remote control devices around? I got unlucky and realized the remote for my FluxLab Fa-10 amp overlapped with my Hugo2 signals.

So adjusting the volume of my amp made my Hugo2 respond in chaotic ways. So I stopped using my amp remote.
Nope, not even a TV in my bedroom. Only device is my smartphone (newly bought Fold 3), which don't have IR blasters anymore.

Oct 4, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #5,733 of 6,288
Nope, not even a TV in my bedroom. Only device is my smartphone (newly bought Fold 3), which don't have IR blasters anymore.
Something similar happened to me once with the Hugo 2, but I was sitting down on a bus. I couldn't be sure it wasn't that something was rubbing on the Hugo as the bus moved so I didn't think much of it. However I did think at the time that it was a little odd that the volume only went up and didn't come back down.

I'll stay alert for this one from now on.

Congrats on the Fold 3, by the way. Nice phone 😉

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #5,734 of 6,288
Congrats on the Fold 3, by the way. Nice phone 😉
Thanks! I'm infatuated with it, it's so cool. Will miss the headphone jack of my previous phone though (LG V60). Such are the times.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #5,735 of 6,288
Hi all -

New to using the 2Go with a MicroSD card.

Running into an odd issue - the 2Go won't recognize most of my songs. I've added over 700 tracks to the SD card, and no matter what, it only ever recognizes 177 of them at most. I've tried a factory reset, arranging the folders differently in the card, deleting everything and re-formatting the card. Sometimes it doesn't even recognize any songs at all.

For reference I'm using Glider for playback - but in GoFigure it shows the number of songs as well, and it's never above the 177 I mentioned. This is so strange - I don't know what else to try.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #5,737 of 6,288
Hi all -

Running into an odd issue - the 2Go won't recognize most of my songs. I've added over 700 tracks to the SD card, and no matter what, it only ever recognizes 177 of them at most. I've tried a factory reset, arranging the folders differently in the card, deleting everything and re-formatting the card. Sometimes it doesn't even recognize any songs at all.

For reference I'm using Glider for playback - but in GoFigure it shows the number of songs as well, and it's never above the 177 I mentioned. This is so strange - I don't know what else to try.

2Go is very picky about what files are on the SD card and I've given up with the the playlist "feature" altogether now, GoFigure.

I keep a master copy of my files elsewhere and after I copy the albums to an SD card I run a Total commander search on the folders and remove everything that isn't an audio file, seems to work OK then.

Playback is either from MConnect or Bubble and I have a separate Wifi hotspot for 2Go, apart from the odd pops and clicks it works very well and is used daily.

Oct 5, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #5,738 of 6,288
Hi all -

I assume when you say "it ... recognizes" you are referring to the playlist feature in GoFigure. GoFigure music player cannot access music files directly on the SD cards but instead uses fixed playlist files which have to be on the SD card where the music files are. These playlist files are a simple textual list of music filenames.

Unfortunately this feature is very crudely implemented and it cannot deal with playlists containing filenames with any of a long list of special characters including but not limited to: letters decorated with diacritic marks (accents), and the period (full stop).

In order to make these files visible to GoFigure you will have to edit the filenames yourself to remove these characters.

I suggest you use BubbleUPnP etc to access your SD cards in the 2go. These apps are fully featured in terms of their user interfaces and have no trouble seeing all the music files on the SD cards.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #5,739 of 6,288
I assume when you say "it ... recognizes" you are referring to the playlist feature in GoFigure. GoFigure music player cannot access music files directly on the SD cards but instead uses fixed playlist files which have to be on the SD card where the music files are. These playlist files are a simple textual list of music filenames.

Unfortunately this feature is very crudely implemented and it cannot deal with playlists containing filenames with any of a long list of special characters including but not limited to: letters decorated with diacritic marks (accents), and the period (full stop).

In order to make these files visible to GoFigure you will have to edit the filenames yourself to remove these characters.

I suggest you use BubbleUPnP etc to access your SD cards in the 2go. These apps are fully featured in terms of their user interfaces and have no trouble seeing all the music files on the SD cards.
Hey! Thank you for your response (and for the others who responded on the thread as well)!

No - I don’t mean the playlist feature. Though its affected by this, it’s not the main thing. I mean that the 2Go only indexed 177 of my tracks, and basically stopped indexing after that, so with any UPnP or MPD apps, only those 177 tracks would ever appear as options to play. For that I am using Glider (unfortunately BubbleUPnP is no available for iOS, otherwise that would definitely be my preference).

But I found the issue! The culprit was a Fiona Apple album, believe it or not.

The album “When the Pawn…” has an infamously long full title, and the FLAC files contained the full title in their metadata. The 2Go would index the first track of this album, and give up after that. It was the 177th song in my files (arranged alphabetically by Artist and then Album). I edited the album’s metadata to shorten the title, and it worked after that!

The 2Go continued to index after the first track on that album, and I was able to see/play all of my library via Glider as well!

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #5,740 of 6,288
Hey! Thank you for your response (and for the others who responded on the thread as well)!

No - I don’t mean the playlist feature. Though its affected by this, it’s not the main thing. I mean that the 2Go only indexed 177 of my tracks, and basically stopped indexing after that, so with any UPnP or MPD apps, only those 177 tracks would ever appear as options to play. For that I am using Glider (unfortunately BubbleUPnP is no available for iOS, otherwise that would definitely be my preference).

But I found the issue! The culprit was a Fiona Apple album, believe it or not.

The album “When the Pawn…” has an infamously long full title, and the FLAC files contained the full title in their metadata. The 2Go would index the first track of this album, and give up after that. It was the 177th song in my files (arranged alphabetically by Artist and then Album). I edited the album’s metadata to shorten the title, and it worked after that!

The 2Go continued to index after the first track on that album, and I was able to see/play all of my library via Glider as well!
Lol 😂 Another bit of 2go madness to add to the stockpile...

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #5,742 of 6,288
How does the 2go and 2yu combo compare to a streamer like the Zen mk2 ? Has anyone compared them?
Do you mean the Ifi Zen Stream? That has its quirks too from some of the reviews I've read, some users have got fed up with their units and returned them.

The reason why the 2go will always win out for me is its plug and play integration with Hugo2 and its portability.

If you don't need those features then perhaps the Zen Stream is a better bet, its a lot cheaper.

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #5,743 of 6,288
Do you mean the Ifi Zen Stream? That has its quirks too from some of the reviews I've read, some users have got fed up with their units and returned them.

The reason why the 2go will always win out for me is its plug and play integration with Hugo2 and its portability.

If you don't need those features then perhaps the Zen Stream is a better bet, its a lot cheaper.
Their latest version is the Mk3 but it can be had used or like new ~$2k https://innuos.com/zen-mk3/

was curious if the 2yu and 2go combo could match or outperform it.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #5,744 of 6,288
Their latest version is the Mk3 but it can be had used or like new ~$2k https://innuos.com/zen-mk3/

was curious if the 2yu and 2go combo could match or outperform it.
Ideally we would have more feedback from more users, but so far all the feedback that I have read is positive regarding the 2Yu (technical performance). It is quite possible that some owners/demo-ers have issues relating to cost, but I have not read them.

Oct 10, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #5,745 of 6,288
Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller here. Don’t mean to hijack the thread but couldn’t seem to find the answer to this through a search.

Does the 2Go have make an appreciable difference to SQ over a good USB cable from a good source such as an iPad or a DAP?

Or is its appeal the convenience of not having too many things to connect to the Hugo 2?

Thank you…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back