Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 10, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #5,282 of 6,290
So I just got a Utopia which is a lovely pair with the H2. However, I hear the pops/clicks issue more clearly than ever with this pair. Going for more than a year with this issue, I've just about had it. I've requested a warranty replacement thru Chord support, but have just been told to wait for their much delayed firmware update (have been told this since last August).

I plug my Utopia into my Mojo/Poly and completely clean sound. I also upgraded my router last year. Pops/Clicks with 2go either with streaming or sd card playback, sometimes numerous times in a track (it's completely random).

What should I do at this point? Keep pushing for a replacement? At this point, I'm worried that my warranty is gonna be up before the issue is fixed (if it ever is). Sigh

May 10, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #5,283 of 6,290
So I just got a Utopia which is a lovely pair with the H2. However, I hear the pops/clicks issue more clearly than ever with this pair. Going for more than a year with this issue, I've just about had it. I've requested a warranty replacement thru Chord support, but have just been told to wait for their much delayed firmware update (have been told this since last August).

I plug my Utopia into my Mojo/Poly and completely clean sound. I also upgraded my router last year. Pops/Clicks with 2go either with streaming or sd card playback, sometimes numerous times in a track (it's completely random).

What should I do at this point? Keep pushing for a replacement? At this point, I'm worried that my warranty is gonna be up before the issue is fixed (if it ever is). Sigh
You have my sympathies. I had exactly the same experience with the Utopia—totally fine with the Mojopoly, clicks and WiFi dropouts with the 2Go. I returned mine, but in your case I’d keep pushing for a replacement. Some units don‘t seem to suffer from pops/clicks. I loved the sound and form factor and will likely buy it again if they fix it with the firmware update.

May 11, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #5,284 of 6,290
By the way question for 2go users, does your unit charge to max level (blue light)? It seems that mine even overnight 12h can charge only to green light...Will it improve lately? Thanks.

I had a similar thing the other week - H2 was full charge but 2go was at same % as pre charge. I was using 2.1 amp usb socket, so changed the usb cable I was using and that fixed it.

May 11, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #5,285 of 6,290
I had a similar thing the other week - H2 was full charge but 2go was at same % as pre charge. I was using 2.1 amp usb socket, so changed the usb cable I was using and that fixed it.
Sadly too true. During the past 6 years since the Mojo first started shipping, and then the poly, and now the H2/2Go, there have been posts from owners who were struggling to get their Mojo/H2 and streamer to charge correctly.
Sometimes the owners have been able to test their usb cable, and discover that the cable does not meet the usb standard - it has usb connectors at each end, but the wire in the cable is too high resistivity, resulting in a voltage/current drop that means the Mojo/H2 cannot charge as fast as expected.
Those same owners have also occasionally flagged up that this is not just an issue with cheap cables - there are some 'audiophile priced cables' that are too high resistance.

So if you are having difficulties charging your gear, the cheapest first step should be to try a different cable, and you could be pleasantly surprised.

May 11, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #5,286 of 6,290
Sadly too true. During the past 6 years since the Mojo first started shipping, and then the poly, and now the H2/2Go, there have been posts from owners who were struggling to get their Mojo/H2 and streamer to charge correctly.
Sometimes the owners have been able to test their usb cable, and discover that the cable does not meet the usb standard - it has usb connectors at each end, but the wire in the cable is too high resistivity, resulting in a voltage/current drop that means the Mojo/H2 cannot charge as fast as expected.
Those same owners have also occasionally flagged up that this is not just an issue with cheap cables - there are some 'audiophile priced cables' that are too high resistance.

So if you are having difficulties charging your gear, the cheapest first step should be to try a different cable, and you could be pleasantly surprised.
^This.

Charging the poly separately also helps, especially if you let the combo run down to the red light.

I've only used the charger that came with the Hugo and 2Go and haven't had any issues. The poly on the other hand is finicky.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #5,288 of 6,290
This.

Charging the poly separately also helps, especially if you let the combo run down to the red light.

I've only used the charger that came with the Hugo and 2Go and haven't had any issues. The poly on the other hand is finicky.
I know, because that is what I do myself.
I was pointing out that there are usb cables for sale, that do not comply to the usb standard, and cause problems to owners.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #5,290 of 6,290
I know, because that is what I do myself.
I was merely pointing out that there are usb cables for sale, that do not comply to the usb standard, and cause problems to owners.
I always try and flag up the cheap and least hassle options first.
If an owners options are send the poly/2Go back for repairs (and be without your gear for a while), or try the cheap and simple options first (like a cable that meets the usb spec), then I will flag up the least hassle/cost option first.
Wasn't questioning your judgment.
I was agreeing with you and adding the addition of the separate charging.

May 13, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #5,291 of 6,290
It's coming!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210513_182434_com.facebook.katana_edit_737129222179188.jpg
    Screenshot_20210513_182434_com.facebook.katana_edit_737129222179188.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #5,292 of 6,290
Hi all,

Apologies for the extended period of silence. We've been working away through-out this pandemic with as much haste as limitations would allow. A largely reduced work-force has resulted in long delays in all departments, but we have some good news.

Our Poly and 2go control application ‘Gofigure’ is receiving an update. This update will align the application with 2go’s new firmware update arriving on Tuesday 18th and allow access to new features, such as automatic MPD playlist building. This firmware update will be closely followed by a Poly update.

The app is automatically available to all those on the App store(ios) and Play Store (android). Users of Android 10 and above will receive a prompt message when opening the application, which supplies them with a link to an alternative version of the application on our website. Due to changes in the Play Store licensing, we must provide an alternative version for users of Android 10 and above. This does NOT effect the performance of the application.

🔻 Download from App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gofigure-for-chord-electronics/id1344886041
🔻 Download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.PolyUniversal&hl=en_GB&gl=US

Attachments

• Gofigure Gfx (v2.08 + v1.2.26).jpg
    Gofigure Gfx (v2.08 + v1.2.26).jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #5,293 of 6,290
Hi all,

Apologies for the extended period of silence. We've been working away through-out this pandemic with as much haste as limitations would allow. A largely reduced work-force has resulted in long delays in all departments, but we have some good news.

Our Poly and 2go control application ‘Gofigure’ is receiving an update. This update will align the application with 2go’s new firmware update arriving on Tuesday 18th and allow access to new features, such as automatic MPD playlist building. This firmware update will be closely followed by a Poly update.

The app is automatically available to all those on the App store(ios) and Play Store (android). Users of Android 10 and above will receive a prompt message when opening the application, which supplies them with a link to an alternative version of the application on our website. Due to changes in the Play Store licensing, we must provide an alternative version for users of Android 10 and above. This does NOT effect the performance of the application.

🔻 Download from App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gofigure-for-chord-electronics/id1344886041
🔻 Download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.PolyUniversal&hl=en_GB&gl=US
The android app, do you mean 1.2.126 and not 1.2.26? This is good news by the way. 😊

May 13, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #5,294 of 6,290
So I got the update. No problemo. When I run it it mentions the Android 10 thing. The app that was updated via the Play Store isn't finding my 2go (it used to, just fine). So I downloaded the PolyUniversal app from the Chord web page. I changed the security settings to install it and the APK tries to install but eventually says "Application not installed".

Anybody else had an issue like this? Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

Do I need to uninstall the original (<10) app?

TIA,
Doody

May 13, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #5,295 of 6,290
Do I need to uninstall the original (<10) app?
I haven't tried the update yet, but I remember some historical posts about the need to delete legacy versions of apps, and then install the updated version plus update any relevant parameters.
Don't get too frustrated, and maybe monitor the head-fi threads for 48 hours, before making a final decision about the best way forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back