Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jan 16, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #4,907 of 6,290
Has Chord ever commented on the pops/clicks using the 2Go? I get them frequently using it with Roon.
Yes Chord has commented about several topics (including Roon) throughout 2020, and software updates have been mentioned.
Sadly Matt rarely posted on head-fi during the second half of the year, and physical releases of software seem to have paused.

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #4,908 of 6,290
I use the same, and I can see those playlist, but after turn off/on 2GO, in go figure, it still says
no playlist on SD card.
Did you manage to solve this issue?

I had a similar issue with Poly, but with the Android GoFigure (the Ipad GoFigure worked ok).
The general settings page would display the correct number of playlists, but the music screen would display that playlists were unavailable.

The short-term solution was identified 'I'm not entirely sure why but my software engineer is asking whether you can go to the music tab, then radio and try and play a radio station. Once the radio station is playing go back to your playlist and try playing it again.'

The next GoFigure update cured the issue, but it then returned again after an Android security update. This caused the playlists to stop displaying, with the original error message being displayed as well. The radio stations had also stopped displaying, so I could not try the original workaround either.
Thankfully rebooting the tablet cured the issue, and the playlists were displaying and working again.

So check that you are using the latest version of GoFigure, and if the issue remains, try rebooting your tablet.

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #4,910 of 6,290
Hi @all,

did anybody hear of the release date of 2yu ?
No formal date.

There is dealer speculation that maybe end Q1 https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-16021855
But Chord themselves are more cautious https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-16092409

In a normal year, the next big opportunity for announcements, would be the Bristol HiFi show https://chordelectronics.co.uk/news/bristol-hi-fi-show-2021/
But I think that the physical show has been cancelled, although there was speculation about a 'virtual show'.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #4,912 of 6,290
The Hugo 2 with the 2go is a nice streaming solution. Why would you buy a 2yu other than use it with the M Scaler?

I'm hoping for a Chord streamer in a qutest formfactor with Tidal direct.
The strange thing, because of the awkward way the 2go connects, is that in practice if you had a Hugo 2 and the 2yu/mscaler you would need two 2go units. You would never be going to keep bolting/unbolting a single 2go in this use case.

I can't see many people buying the 2go twice.

Jan 16, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #4,915 of 6,290
The strange thing, because of the awkward way the 2go connects, is that in practice if you had a Hugo 2 and the 2yu/mscaler you would need two 2go units. You would never be going to keep bolting/unbolting a single 2go in this use case.

I can't see many people buying the 2go twice.
FWIW, I keep my 2go unbolted. When it's mobile (not a whole lot since this effing virus showed up) it's in a case that keeps the two halves snugly together. And when I'm using it in my home system, I need to be able to pop it on and off to go USB-direct into the Hugo2 sometimes.

Doody

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #4,916 of 6,290
I use my Chord Hugo 2/2Go is 2 different ways. First, using mconnect from my iPhone as a controller so that Tidal will stream directly to the 2go and I get the best sound quality possible with this set up. Second, I use Airplay to stream via Airplay from my iPhone to the togo. Since I am using the ios native Tidal app, I can download music to my iPHone and stream it to the Togo.

Actually, I am at this very moment streaming downloaded music to my 2go from my iPhone via Airplay because the wifi in the condo I am in right now isn't good enough for Tidal streaming so it buffers too much. I can Airplay with the 2go in hotspot mode or regular network mode. It actually sounds pretty good. Better than I thought it would.

Would welcome a few more comments on how 2Go can connect to iPhone to stream music from iPhone Tidal app?

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #4,917 of 6,290
Would welcome a few more comments on how 2Go can connect to iPhone to stream music from iPhone Tidal app?

MConnect, login to Tidal/Qobuz—>select desired streaming quality in settings—>quality better than what AirPlay can offer.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #4,918 of 6,290
MConnect, login to Tidal/Qobuz—>select desired streaming quality in settings—>quality better than what AirPlay can offer.
Thanks for the suggestion. So when using Mconnect or Airplay, how do these iPhone apps stream to 2Go? I assume you configure this in the GoFigure app, but what settings are folks using to connect the iPhone to the Hugo/2Go?

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #4,920 of 6,290
My 2go cannot be seen as an Airplay device on my home’s wifi network. Shows up in Roon just fine, and GoFigure says it’s on the right network.

Anyone have a fix? Tried restarting the iOS devices and doing a factory reset on 2go. Still nothing.

I had this problem initially and a simple restart of my wifi routers solved it. I guess it could be a myriad of different reasons though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back