Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Sep 21, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #4,336 of 6,288
Strangely my device is shown as merely "Hugo2" and not as "Hugo2go" as a Roon Ready device. I agree with your view that Roon have, for whatever reason, chosen at short notice to enforce "a law" which, probably for commercial reasons, they've turned a blind eye to in the past.
Chord don't appear to be rushing to remove Roon Ready from their website product page now that the deadline has arrived.

Sep 21, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #4,337 of 6,288
Looks like Roon followed through w/ their temporary solution proposal for those of us that applied.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 9.41.37 AM.png

Sep 21, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #4,341 of 6,288
Submitted the form just now.

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #4,342 of 6,288
Are any newly appointed Roon developers prepared to test out their new powers by disabling and re-enabling 2go? (count me out 🤣)

Sep 21, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #4,343 of 6,288
I don’t know whether to apply for dev status or just give up.
for the fhird day in a row now I’m listening to Roon direct from my iPad As the 2go will only play 2 seconds of any track before complaining of connection issues and skipping.
Of course, the iPad that I use as a remote then flawlessly streams the exact same music from the same physical space as the 2go, just without the amazing sq.
I’m really frikkin tired of this Schiit...

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #4,344 of 6,288
for the fhird day in a row now I’m listening to Roon direct from my iPad As the 2go will only play 2 seconds of any track before complaining of connection issues and skipping.
Of course, the iPad that I use as a remote then flawlessly streams the exact same music from the same physical space as the 2go, just without the amazing sq.
Please try the following if you already haven't.
Connect the h2go to power. Switch off via remote. Now press the tiny black button on the 2go on the right side until the light goes off.
Disconnect from power.
Reconnect to power and switch on via remote.
2go and hugo2 should come on together. If not, press the black button on the 2go until you see the 2go light come on.
While all this is happening, a reboot of your ipad and routers is recommended.
I usually mange to get the h2go streaming in dsd256 for at least a day or two without hiccups using this procedure. YMMV.
Good luck!

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #4,345 of 6,288

Remember that your iPad doesn't send the audio file to the 2Go, it's your Roon Server. On several occasions when experiencing similar symptoms, I've restarted my Roon Server. It worked for me, but others have indicated that I'm crazy. On balance, I can't fault them for that conclusion...

Sep 22, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #4,346 of 6,288
Remember that your iPad doesn't send the audio file to the 2Go, it's your Roon Server. On several occasions when experiencing similar symptoms, I've restarted my Roon Server. It worked for me, but others have indicated that I'm crazy. On balance, I can't fault them for that conclusion...

I had this happen frequently until I identified and fixed a problem with my Roon Core. 2Go has been working with Roon without fault ever since.

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #4,347 of 6,288
Are any newly appointed Roon developers prepared to test out their new powers by disabling and re-enabling 2go? (count me out 🤣)
My amp is an Arcam SA30, and is also an uncertified Roon Ready endpoint. I applied for developer status for it at the same time as I applied for the 2Go. Rarely if ever use the SA30 as Roon endpoint, as I have the 2Go, and a Cambridge Audio 851N.
So thought I've nothing to lose. It disabled and re-enabled no problem whatsoever!!

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #4,348 of 6,288
So... the COWON Plenue R2 arrived today and, using a short optical link to the Hugo 2, it is producing a sound through the T1.1 that is somewhere very far beyond awesome. I'll be leaving this thread now. I wish you all good luck with your 2Go's. I hope Chord can sort out this mess. Me, I took a different path and I am extremely happy right now. Shivers up and down my spine and for the first time in a long time the music has made me cry today. It's that good.

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #4,349 of 6,288
Just listening to my Roon collection on the 2Go. I have been able to compare Poly and 2Go on Roon and both work flawlessly.
I sure hope Chord gets 2Go to a certified status so future owners can also enjoy what I feel is the best playback method for these devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back