Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 13, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #3,076 of 6,302
This morning switched on the h2go using the remote. It wouldn't show up on roon. Noticed that the 2go was still powered off( the h2 was 'on'). Had to switch on 2go manually and then it showed up in roon.
Anyone else have this situation where the 2go fails to power on via the remote?

Jul 14, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #3,077 of 6,302
This morning switched on the h2go using the remote. It wouldn't show up on roon. Noticed that the 2go was still powered off( the h2 was 'on'). Had to switch on 2go manually and then it showed up in roon.
Anyone else have this situation where the 2go fails to power on via the remote?

Nope..

Jul 14, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #3,078 of 6,302
Jul 14, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #3,079 of 6,302
Chord has done something extraordinary with the H2Go... they created not only the best dap the world has ever heard.... but... simultaneously they created the most frustrating piece of consumer electronics know to man. Take a bow guys.
I suggest you put together a network topology and known router friendliness guide.... because this is f’n nuts. After living with poly insanity.... Really why haven’t you fired the developer that Did the network engineering on this. I could’ve ran circles around this while actually delivering you a GD software UX that looks like it was made in the 21st-century not 1995

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #3,080 of 6,302
Hey folks after 3 years of poly with very little improvement.... and the disastrous showing of 2go... I guarantee you the problems you have today will persist for this device for its lifecycle.... chord will not be able to fix them. They should agree to give any 2go buyers a 25% discount on 3rd gen Hugo/streaming device for the sheer pain we need to endure... I’m serious... chord is selling a device that only sorta works. If any real consumer electronics company did this every device would be recalled. It’s inexcusable that I have identical issues with this that I have had with poly for 18 months.... and all we get is occasional BS lip service from good ol Matt. At this price point this is robbery.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #3,081 of 6,302
Hey folks after 3 years of poly with very little improvement.... and the disastrous showing of 2go... I guarantee you the problems you have today will persist for this device for its lifecycle.... chord will not be able to fix them. They should agree to give any 2go buyers a 25% discount on 3rd gen Hugo/streaming device for the sheer pain we need to endure... I’m serious... chord is selling a device that only sorta works. If any real consumer electronics company did this every device would be recalled. It’s inexcusable that I have identical issues with this that I have had with poly for 18 months.... and all we get is occasional BS lip service from good ol Matt. At this price point this is robbery.

Oh wow i was just about to go and buy it today. Is it that bad?!?

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #3,082 of 6,302
Oh wow i was just about to go and buy it today. Is it that bad?!?
It sounds fantastic... no question best DAP created by man to date.... but the network drop out issues with Roon are a disgrace. I recommend you buy and play “network” roulette maby you will come up a winner. I have zero issues using mconnect on the go.... except for slow recognition.... but Roon is a crap shoot... will need to buy mesh repeaters and see if that helps...
Sounds too good... I will be keeping.... but chord has put us in a kind of hell.... it should “just work” in 2020. I’m lying in my bedroom... separated by a wood wall less than 20 feet from my router and GD zRoon drops after a few seconds into every song.... but guess what! It wasn’t doing that last night in the same spot! It’s poly schizophrenia all over.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #3,083 of 6,302
It sounds fantastic... no question best DAP created by man to date.... but the network drop out issues with Roon are a disgrace. I recommend you buy and play “network” roulette maby you will come up a winner. I have zero issues using mconnect on the go.... except for slow recognition.... but Roon is a crap shoot... will need to buy mesh repeaters and see if that helps...
Sounds too good... I will be keeping.... but chord has put us in a kind of hell.... it should “just work” in 2020.
Yea well i mostly use Windows so Roon should have been my main player.. re reading this forum now to get more sense if it worth the sound upgrade or not. As many of you i dont want to mess time on setting, configurations and issues.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #3,084 of 6,302
Yea well i mostly use Windows so Roon should have been my main player.. re reading this forum now to get more sense if it worth the sound upgrade or not. As many of you i dont want to mess time on setting, configurations and issues.
It is absolutely worth the sound upgrade sound wise it is effing fantastic. I went for a hike with it yesterday and literally could not believe that I was actually walking around with this kind of audio quality.... There is no digital audio player in existence that comes close. If you browse Headfi and you hear others saying this x is better etc....they are full of crap. This is NOT subjective.... It is simply a superior piece of kit. I held off on trying Hugo 2 For over two years after reading the verge review and then reading a lot of BS on this site Finally jumped in and just bought it and 2go and could not believe what I was hearing. One thing I found out about this hobby is you’ve just got a buy it with a 30 or 60 day return and give it a try you can’t listen to any opinions out there get some guidance but you gotta try. I also think there’s a lot of people that just spew crap because they have their own agenda most likely an affiliation with the hardware oem.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #3,085 of 6,302
Genuine question. How faulty does a product have to be before the company recalls the product? I remember seeing companies like Toyota doing it a few years back, and I think companies who make kitchen electricals like fridges, washing machines and dishwaters etc do it on occasion. Presumably these companies can take the financial hit, for a relatively small company like Chord it may be a mini crisis.
Somebody posted upstream that a potential fix for network dropouts is imminent - care to chip in here @Matt Bartlett?

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #3,086 of 6,302
I would chase away the person who tries to take my 2Go due to a product recall.

It is so easy to imagine that everyone is having issues.....this is getting rather boring to follow.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #3,087 of 6,302
I would chase away the person who tries to take my 2Go due to a product recall.

It is so easy to imagine that everyone is having issues.....this is getting rather boring to follow.
You're entitled to your opinion of course, but for those of us having problems it's the year 2020, and it's not too much to expect a £1000 premium product to work each time you switch it on. I can assure you this is not a figment of my imagination. This is my 4th or 5th music streamer, and the only streamer that has had any issues with network dropouts. You dont need to be a genius to see where the problem lies.

ps - I could be wrong, but unless it was on health and safety grounds I don't think any company can insist on a product recall.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #3,088 of 6,302
You're entitled to your opinion of course, but for those of us having problems it's the year 2020, and it's not too much to expect a £1000 premium product to work each time you switch it on. This is my 4th or 5th music streamer, and the only streamer that has had any issues with network dropouts. You dont need to be a genius to see where the problem lies.

ps - I could be wrong, but unless it was on health and safety grounds I don't think any company can insist on a product recall/

Fair enough. I am just getting annoyed by comments that assume that everyone is experiencing issues with the product.

I had my own share of problems until I upgraded my router. Everything has been going swimmingly on all fronts ever since. I can't even tell what the latest firmware upgrade changed.

Again, I am not implying that my experience=everyone else's. However, let's try to abstain from fatalistic comments about the 2Go being a poor product.

For those who are unhappy - get a replacement/refund...

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #3,089 of 6,302
It is absolutely worth the sound upgrade sound wise it is effing fantastic. I went for a hike with it yesterday and literally could not believe that I was actually walking around with this kind of audio quality....
I second that.

Yesterday I was sitting in a park with the hugo 2 2go in a bag hanging from my belt with wired IEMs. BubbleUPnP running on my phone connected via the 2go hotspot and my entire music library on sd cards inserted into the 2go.

I open my eyes and I see trees and greenery. I close them and I'm sitting in a church with Simon Preston thundering Widor 5 on some huge organ.

Just fantastic.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #3,090 of 6,302
Fair enough. I am just getting annoyed by comments that assume that everyone is experiencing issues with the product.

I had my own share of problems until I upgraded my router. Everything has been going swimmingly on all fronts ever since. I can't even tell what the latest firmware upgrade changed.

Again, I am not implying that my experience=everyone else's. However, let's try to abstain from fatalistic comments about the 2Go being a poor product.

For those who are unhappy - get a replacement/refund...
I haven't read any posts that says everyone is experiencing issues with the 2Go.
The fact that Chord have already done a FW upgrade recently, with another one apparently imminent suggests everything is not perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back