Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 14, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #3,091 of 6,314
I haven't read any posts that says everyone is experiencing issues with the 2Go.
The fact that Chord have already done a FW upgrade recently, with another one apparently imminent suggests everything is not perfect.

Who said it was perfect?
I owned to Polys and fully knew what I might be getting into. Poly, to me, was a complete failure of a purchase.

Luckily, 2Go is in a different league altogether. I trust that the Chord team are hard at work at making further improvements to the software.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #3,092 of 6,314
Genuine question. How faulty does a product have to be before the company recalls the product? I remember seeing companies like Toyota doing it a few years back, and I think companies who make kitchen electricals like fridges, washing machines and dishwaters etc do it on occasion. Presumably these companies can take the financial hit, for a relatively small company like Chord it may be a mini crisis.
Somebody posted upstream that a potential fix for network dropouts is imminent - care to chip in here @Matt Bartlett?
I don’t believe it... and I don’t think Matt has a clue.... read this post a year from now.... 100% there will be as many people or more po’d in q4 2021 with Matt offering promises of fixes around the corner. The device networking is broken.

ITS A STREAMER GUYS! IT SHOULD STREAM!! ZERO QUESTIONS ASKED.

and believe me... I’m in a different camp now.... when this is working it’s a magic music box unparalleled.... I want it to work.... but chord will not get it working.... this is going down the identical path of poly.

there is a YouTube review of some Asian dude praising H2 but saying F U to chord for the 2go... this is the weirdest product I have owned... so much love and hate!

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #3,093 of 6,314
Who said it was perfect?
I owned to Polys and fully knew what I might be getting into. Poly, to me, was a complete failure of a purchase.

Luckily, 2Go is in a different league altogether. I trust that the Chord team are hard at work at making further improvements to the software.
Well at least we agree it's not perfect, and because it's an improvement on an apparent basket case of a previous product would not keep me happy.
As I said the other day, I am not after an instant fix, so I totally support your comment about the Chord team being hard at work making improvements.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #3,095 of 6,314
I haven't read any posts that says everyone is experiencing issues with the 2Go.
The fact that Chord have already done a FW upgrade recently, with another one apparently imminent suggests everything is not perfect.
I think that Chord are following the same strategy for the 2Go, that they explained during the early stages of the Poly lifecycle.
Start with the eis firmware/app, and then regularly issue updates to solve bugs, add new functionality, etc.
[edit] for example:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/post-14157123
Chord saw this strategy as mirroring the approach used by global phone and dap providers, who also regularly issue updates to the OS, or the firmware functionality.

I am chilled with this approach, but it clearly does not suit some other owners.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #3,096 of 6,314
I think that Chord are following the same strategy for the 2Go, that they explained during the early stages of the Poly lifecycle.
Start with the eis firmware/app, and then regularly issue updates to solve bugs, add new functionality, etc.
Chord saw this strategy as mirroring the approach used by global phone and dap providers, who also regularly issue updates to the OS, or the firmware functionality.

I am chilled with this approach, but it clearly does not suit some other owners.
Nahh you are wrong..., if the core product use case was broken..... there would be a recall.... what is happening with 2go is if every call on iPhone dropped 10 seconds into the call.... you comparison is foolish.

AND for the record poly still to this day does exactly what 2go is doing now after a couple years of promise.... how can anyone believe chord willl fix this.... I don’t.... trust me on this. One year from now this forum will still be dealing with the same GD issues

Let me rephrase it... A music player that only plays music that does not play music is broken... end of story. This is not like a smart phone with 1 million different applications and many million permutations of conflicts.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #3,097 of 6,314
Nahh you are wrong..., if the core product use case was broken..... there would be a recall.... what is happening with 2go is if every call on iPhone dropped 10 seconds into the call.... you comparison is foolish.

AND for the record poly still to this day does exactly what 2go is doing now after a couple years of promise.... how can anyone believe chord willl fix this.... I don’t.... trust me on this. One year from now this forum will still be dealing with the same GD issues

Let me rephrase it... A music player that only plays music that does not play music is broken... end of story. This is not like a smart phone with 1 million different applications and many million permutations of conflicts.
There isn't much point in voicing your opinion about it here as strongly though there are too many 2GO fans here it just results in bad feelings all round.

I do appreciate your input though as I do every comment. I did want to buy a 2GO myself so I'm subscribed here just incase we ever see a high(er) level of user satisfaction with it.

For now I'm using my Hugo 2 with a CCA connected to my phones hotspot when out and about, not as fancy but it works 100% of the time and gives me wireless connectivity from my phone to Hugo 2 (and other DAC's too).

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #3,098 of 6,314
Fair enough. I am just getting annoyed by comments that assume that everyone is experiencing issues with the product.

I had my own share of problems until I upgraded my router. Everything has been going swimmingly on all fronts ever since. I can't even tell what the latest firmware upgrade changed.

Again, I am not implying that my experience=everyone else's. However, let's try to abstain from fatalistic comments about the 2Go being a poor product.

For those who are unhappy - get a replacement/refund...

I had a slightly different experience. I was getting dropouts regularly (multiple times an hour that required a H2Go restart each time to resolve), and after the software upgrades I don't think I've had a single one in two different homes on two different wifi networks (both mesh), using Roon in my main home, and playing over Airplay in my cabin. I'm not suggesting the software update fixed everyone's issues by any means--I'm just suggesting that I didn't need to change anything with either of my wifi networks for the improvements. There are clearly multiple factors involved here which I know is adding to everyone's frustrations.

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #3,099 of 6,314
I had a slightly different experience. I was getting dropouts regularly (multiple times an hour that required a H2Go restart each time to resolve), and after the software upgrades I don't think I've had a single one in two different homes on two different wifi networks (both mesh), using Roon in my main home, and playing over Airplay in my cabin. I'm not suggesting the software update fixed everyone's issues by any means--I'm just suggesting that I didn't need to change anything with either of my wifi networks for the improvements. There are clearly multiple factors involved here which I know is adding to everyone's frustrations.
I have no issues with airplay. But I did not buy this for lossless playback via something like airplay. When at home there should be ZERO compromise. What is your network topology?

Jul 14, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #3,100 of 6,314
There isn't much point in voicing your opinion about it here as strongly though there are too many 2GO fans here it just results in bad feelings all round.

I do appreciate your input though as I do every comment. I did want to buy a 2GO myself so I'm subscribed here just incase we ever see a high(er) level of user satisfaction with it.

For now I'm using my Hugo 2 with a CCA connected to my phones hotspot when out and about, not as fancy but it works 100% of the time and gives me wireless connectivity from my phone to Hugo 2 (and other DAC's too).
Read my posts.... I am a huge fan.... and I would say... run to buy this.... it sounds that good.... so good in fact that I am now willing to dissect my entire network to get a topology that works... that seems like the only solution.... I dont see one coming from chord.... and I would not go to this length for mojo poly.... SO AGAIN I ask the only solution here will be people posting their exact network topologies that get zero dropout with Roon in multiple rooms..,, chord is incapable of finding a solution.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #3,101 of 6,314
Read my posts.... I am a huge fan.... and I would say... run to buy this.... it sounds that good.... so good in fact that I am now willing to dissect my entire network to get a topology that works... that seems like the only solution.... I dont see one coming from chord.... and I would not go to this length for mojo poly.... SO AGAIN I ask the only solution here will be people posting their exact network topologies that get zero dropout with Roon in multiple rooms..,, chord is incapable of finding a solution.
I can just see Chords new advertising slogan for 2Go now

" Be prepared to dissect your entire network to get a topology that works with 2Go - you know you want to!!".

Jul 14, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #3,102 of 6,314
Fair enough. I am just getting annoyed by comments that assume that everyone is experiencing issues with the product.

I had my own share of problems until I upgraded my router. Everything has been going swimmingly on all fronts ever since. I can't even tell what the latest firmware upgrade changed.

Again, I am not implying that my experience=everyone else's. However, let's try to abstain from fatalistic comments about the 2Go being a poor product.

Did you test your 2GO on all possible routers? If not, how can you claim your 2GO is fine?.

As I mentioned before, I am 100% that your 2GO with V0.91 would have the same problems I was experiencing on my router as V1.00 fixed a few things.

It is impossible there exist 2GO that are fine because it is software issues. Maybe you are lucky it works on your router, but it will not on every router out there.

And replacement doesn't work. I have been threw multiple units which did not fix it (because it is software issues).

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #3,104 of 6,314
Did you test your 2GO on all possible routers? If not, how can you claim your 2GO is fine?.

As I mentioned before, I am 100% that your 2GO with V0.91 would have the same problems I was experiencing on my router as V1.00 fixed a few things.

It is impossible there exist 2GO that are fine because it is software issues.
Perhaps you should read Karl Popper.
It is impossible for any manufacturer to be sure that software will work with all the many thousands of routers, most using rebadged components, plus ISPs, some of which use non-standard router protocol attributes.
The best that any manufacturer can do, is to ensure that their firmware works with most of the routers, and then add the remaining exceptions as they become aware of them, through updates.

Jul 14, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #3,105 of 6,314

And I actually bought the 2GO because you were saying in this thread how great it worked while this was absolutely not true. The product was not in the state as you described it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back