Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 4, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #2,896 of 6,310
My 2go arrived this morning and, per Chord's instructions, I have just finished fully charging it.

While this was happening I've been reading this forum 😳😖

Now I wonder if I shouldn't just put it back in its rather lovely box and take it back to the dealer...
Don't get downhearted so soon.
Chord post that the percentage of owners experiencing difficulties, is small compared to the global number of sales.

That is not much comfort to the owners who are experiencing issues, and posting about their frustrations in this thread.
We all hope that the next firmware update will cure all the remaining problems.

For yourself, first install the GoFigure configuration app, then use it to check which version of the firmware is installed in your 2Go.
If you have v0.91 then update to v1.0;
That will ensure that you are up to date, and ready to explore your 2Go.
:relaxed:

Jul 4, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #2,897 of 6,310
Chord post that the percentage of owners experiencing difficulties, is small compared to the global number of sales.

That is not much comfort to the owners who are experiencing issues, and posting about their frustrations in this thread.

For yourself, first install the GoFigure configuration app, then use it to check which version of the firmware is installed in your 2Go.
next firmware!!!! are you aware of what has been happening with poly for 4 years! its all about the next firmware which rarely fixes anything. whack a mole with cord products

Jul 4, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #2,898 of 6,310
next firmware!!!! are you aware of what has been happening with poly for 4 years! its all about the next firmware which rarely fixes anything. whack a mole with cord products
Yes, I am fully aware thank you.
You don't even own a 2Go yet, but you can't help but continually make negative posts.
Is the glass always half empty for you?

Jul 4, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #2,899 of 6,310

Oh come on mate. Buy the product first and continue criticing later.

@SteveHulk I personally cannot recommend this product enough

Jul 4, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #2,900 of 6,310

Unfortunately Gofigure shows firmware v0. 91 and claims that that is up to date.

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #2,903 of 6,310
Unfortunately Gofigure shows firmware v0. 91 and claims that that is up to date.
I had the same issue. I uninstalled gofigure, reinstalled it and proceeded to update without a hitch.
Did some in depth listening yesterday via roon and initially got a few ' a file is loading slowly....' roon error messages. This only when roon was set to upsample everything to 384 pcm or dsd 256. With non oversampling there was no problem. Running 2go on WiFi as that is my use case scenario.
With a little experimentation ( moving the slave router a couple of feet to the left!!!!:nerd:) I am now getting a seamless connection to the server. No drop outs so far at top sampling rates.
The router is a Deco M9 plus from tplink. One main station feeding the server and one slave feeding the upstairs bedroom area where I do most of my listening. Connection to router is also via WiFi as my experience with ethernet is a noisy one (vs WiFi).
I can only conclude that the wireless module in the 2go is its achilles heel and needs a really good signal. I havent tested it with ethernet, but that would defeat the purpose of its portability.

As for the sound, OMG! Just loving it! I enjoyed using the hugo2 more in the last two days than I have in the preceding 2months. I am a relatively late adopter compared to most others on this forum and honestly I had my reservations about the 2go. I even cancelled my first order, but today feel it is a good product and well worth a hugo2 owners attention. Chord would do well to look into improving the 2go's wifi reception as that is probably its weak point.
Oh yeah, no VPaC's so far!

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #2,904 of 6,310
There was review talking about using ethernet connection, without wifi connection (that's equal to Airplane mode), would make the sound even better without interference of radio frequency signal. Since my wireless router is quite far from my usual listening area, not easy to run an ethernet cable hard wired connecting to the wireless router, I would try to add a wifi repeater, hope will get a better result in sound quality.

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #2,905 of 6,310
coming next week!

guys i feel the pain as i have been through with poly.... its inexcusable in 2020.

poly ptsd
I own both Poly & 2Go. Yes, H2 audio noticeably > Mojo. But, as a streamer, even after this update, the 2Go is an inferior product to the Poly. The Poly doesn't suffer from pops and clicks and has better wifi reception.

Enough. @SteveHulk I personally cannot recommend this product.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #2,906 of 6,310
There was review talking about using ethernet connection, without wifi connection (that's equal to Airplane mode), would make the sound even better without interference of radio frequency signal. Since my wireless router is quite far from my usual listening area, not easy to run an ethernet cable hard wired connecting to the wireless router, I would try to add a wifi repeater, hope will get a better result in sound quality.
Try adding a lps to the router. Even one of those ifi white bullets ( the newer model). I can hear the difference. YMMV

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #2,907 of 6,310
Try adding a lps to the router. Even one of those ifi white bullets ( the newer model). I can hear the difference. YMMV
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your suggestion. Do you refer to this ifi product (ipower)?:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=161895.0

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #2,908 of 6,310

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back