Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 7, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #2,927 of 6,314
I'm curious why you have Roon upsample, given that the H2 automatically upsamples. What type of improvement are you hearing going with Roon to upsample. btw--I also use Roon.

How does Hugo 2 upsample anything? Thinking of Mscaler?

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #2,928 of 6,314
Anyone here with 2go and also bought the Chord M Scaler, for further upsampling the signal? And may I know the improvement is obvious or not?
I had an M Scaler for a while that I ran through my H2 (pre-2go). Enjoyed it a ton - definitely an improvement in SQ - but sold it - shifting over to HQPlayer someday when I have some time to set it all up.

Doody

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #2,930 of 6,314
I’ve bought a Hugo 2 and a 2go today and they both arrive tomorrow. Can’t wait. Just reading up on everything the 2go can do now!

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #2,931 of 6,314
Use "Bit perfect" setting in GoFogure app can bypass the volume adjust in third party control apps
I made that setting in Gofigure but when I tried to use mconnect it seemed that the volume control in mconnect was still active. I will go back and recheck.

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #2,932 of 6,314
It is funny how much difference a firmware updates make.

Just like I said before how there exists no perfect 2GO, because all the problems caused by firmware / software inside the 2GO rather than my network (10gbit/s).

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #2,933 of 6,314
Really want to try MScaler in 2go + Hugo2, but seems it cannot be happened right?
As I understand it you'll need a 2yu in the chain between 2go and mscalar.

If you have mscalar in the chain then the system is no longer portable. In that case you might be better forgetting 2go and 2yu altogether and using a pc or tablet running appropriate software to serve your music directly into the mscalar via USB.

This is what I do for my main headphone system. I then have mscalar feeding the DAVE via dual BNC. The DAVE outputs to a Woo Audio WA5-LE and Audeze LCD-4.

I have jRiver Media Centre running on a Windows tablet. I can control this using the eos app running on my Android phone.

Jul 7, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #2,934 of 6,314
If you just need access sd card, personally I recommend "Rigelian" apps, but as you use Android phone, "MConnectHD" should be second best
Not helpful.

Mconnect Player HD has lousy reviews, less than 1000 downloads, and the Play Store tells me its not compatible with my device anyway. I have a Note 9 phone that is fully up to date so that is mconnect's problem not mine.

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #2,935 of 6,314
I made that setting in Gofigure but when I tried to use mconnect it seemed that the volume control in mconnect was still active. I will go back and recheck.
I have verified that mconnect player successfully defies the bit-perfect setting in GoFigure, and that the volume control in mconnect remains active. This infuriates me.

For this reason BubbleUPnP gets the nod so far. I have read that Bubble achieves gapless playback even though apparently that is against the grain for UPnP by running some kind of server emulator that is power-hungry. If this be the case I'll live with it. I have an Android with a hefty battery in it, and not some i-Product with pathetic battery life.

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #2,936 of 6,314
Poly feels like a massively inferior product to me. Had two of them and, while things got better, Poly was an absolute shocker.

2Go is light years ahead of Poly.
I had mojo and wanted to use Poly so I could slip the two into my pocket and control it from my phone.

Up to that point I was controlling the mojo with an old phone velcro-ed to it back-to-backconnected with a short USB cable and running USB Audio Player Pro. It worked but it was ugly and cumbersome to use

I bought a Poly and struggled mightily to set it up with no success. I went back to the dealer and we both struggled and failed to set it up. Then the dealer pulled out her (i-)phone and said "oh, the gofigure app can be used to set it up" so I happily went into the Play Store to download it. No such app. It was only available for iOS. She could see how mad I was about that so she gave me my money back on the spot.

Now I have the Hugo 2 2go and it is working fine.

Anybody who wants a lightly-used mojo in black can have it 😀

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #2,937 of 6,314
Not helpful.

Mconnect Player HD has lousy reviews, less than 1000 downloads, and the Play Store tells me its not compatible with my device anyway. I have a Note 9 phone that is fully up to date so that is mconnect's problem not mine.
I use Mconnect daily on a Samsung Note 9. Never had any sort of installation or usage issue.

Doody

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #2,938 of 6,314
Really want to try MScaler in 2go + Hugo2, but seems it cannot be happened right?
Not without 2yu, as SteveHulk pointed out. M Scaler wants to sit BETWEEN 2go and Hugo2 - so 2yu accomplishes that. That said, you can run two streams into your Hugo2 - one via M Scaler and one via 2go. But you can't chain them all together without 2yu.

Doody

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #2,939 of 6,314
I use Mconnect daily on a Samsung Note 9. Never had any sort of installation or usage issue.

Doody
Mconnect is not the same as Mconnect *HD*.

I have established that Mconnect overrides the bit-perfect setting in the 2go. That is unacceptable to me. Part of the relatively high price of the Hugo 2 is, I assume, the cost of a properly implemented digital volume control. I therefore want to take full advantage of that and mconnect does not allow that.

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #2,940 of 6,314
Mconnect is not the same as Mconnect *HD*.

I have established that Mconnect overrides the bit-perfect setting in the 2go. That is unacceptable to me. Part of the relatively high price of the Hugo 2 is, I assume, the cost of a properly implemented digital volume control. I therefore want to take full advantage of that and mconnect does not allow that.
Are you sure about this? First I've heard of it.

Doody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back