Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 5, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #2,911 of 6,295
I had the same issue. I uninstalled gofigure, reinstalled it and proceeded to update without a hitch.
Did some in depth listening yesterday via roon and initially got a few ' a file is loading slowly....' roon error messages. This only when roon was set to upsample everything to 384 pcm or dsd 256. With non oversampling there was no problem. Running 2go on WiFi as that is my use case scenario.
With a little experimentation ( moving the slave router a couple of feet to the left!!!!:nerd:) I am now getting a seamless connection to the server. No drop outs so far at top sampling rates.
The router is a Deco M9 plus from tplink. One main station feeding the server and one slave feeding the upstairs bedroom area where I do most of my listening. Connection to router is also via WiFi as my experience with ethernet is a noisy one (vs WiFi).
I can only conclude that the wireless module in the 2go is its achilles heel and needs a really good signal. I havent tested it with ethernet, but that would defeat the purpose of its portability.

As for the sound, OMG! Just loving it! I enjoyed using the hugo2 more in the last two days than I have in the preceding 2months. I am a relatively late adopter compared to most others on this forum and honestly I had my reservations about the 2go. I even cancelled my first order, but today feel it is a good product and well worth a hugo2 owners attention. Chord would do well to look into improving the 2go's wifi reception as that is probably its weak point.
Oh yeah, no VPaC's so far!
I uninstalled and reinstalled gofigure several times and it still stubbornly insists the my firmware is up to date at version 0.9.1

This is getting a little frustrating.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #2,912 of 6,295
Well... Notwithstanding the failure to update the firmware it now seems to be working.

I'm using BubbleUPnP as the control app on my Android (Note 9) with the 2go in its hotspot mode and my music on an SD card inserted into the 2go.

My use case is going to be out and about with the Hugo/2go in my bag with wired IEMs and controlling the show from my phone.

Now I will test the arrangement for proper behaviour especially with respect to gapless playback - an absolute must for me.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #2,913 of 6,295
Well... Notwithstanding the failure to update the firmware it now seems to be working.

I'm using BubbleUPnP as the control app on my Android (Note 9) with the 2go in its hotspot mode and my music on an SD card inserted into the 2go.

My use case is going to be out and about with the Hugo/2go in my bag with wired IEMs and controlling the show from my phone.

Now I will test the arrangement for proper behaviour especially with respect to gapless playback - an absolute must for me.
I think many of us feel the 'pain' at the incorrect message about the firmware version.
please make sure that you email support@chordelectronics.co.uk to ensure that they log your problems, and ensure that the firmware is updated.

Jul 5, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #2,914 of 6,295
This might be a stupid question but can you use the optical and coax inputs on the hugo2 whilst the 2go is attached? Ie can the hugo 2 still function as normal with 2go in place?
A very good question. Yes, and to build on TKpurple’s repsonse, you can also use dual coax input from an M Scaler while the 2Go is attached.

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #2,915 of 6,295
I uninstalled and reinstalled gofigure several times and it still stubbornly insists the my firmware is up to date at version 0.9.1

This is getting a little frustrating.
Sorry @SteveHulk It appears that maintenance was being carried out on the servers over the weekend so the update would not have been available. Everything should be back online later today so you should be able to try updating again.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #2,916 of 6,295
It now appears to have updated the firmware successfully.

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #2,918 of 6,295
My 2go arrived this morning and, per Chord's instructions, I have just finished fully charging it.

While this was happening I've been reading this forum 😳😖

Now I wonder if I shouldn't just put it back in its rather lovely box and take it back to the dealer...

LOL, when it works, it is good. If you can deal with some frustrations, it is worth it. This forum is very helpful with nice folks that try to help. They helped me.

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #2,920 of 6,295
Anyone here with 2go and also bought the Chord M Scaler, for further upsampling the signal? And may I know the improvement is obvious or not?
I have mscaler and 2go but until 2 yu is released its not possible to use both mscaler and 2go at the same time. Now you can either pass sygnal from 2go directly to Hugo 2 or feed mscaler from different source and pass sygnal to h2 from mscaler via dual coax which is on the opposite side of the hugo2 but it will be different feed.

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #2,921 of 6,295
Now that I have the hardware seemingly up and running I am thinking about which control app to use.

I will be using the hugo 2 2go while out and about. I want to use my Android phone as a control point while having my music on an sd card mounted in the 2go. Therefore the hugo 2 2go is both the server and the renderer. I will be using wired IEMs connected to the hugo 2. My phone will be connected to the hugo 2 2go using the 2go in its hotspot mode.

I have two essential requirements of the system: gapless playback is ESSENTIAL; and no volume controls should be in effect except the volume control on the hugo 2 - which is to say the 2go has to serve the audio to the hugo 2 in bit-perfect form.

So far I have looked at BubbleUPnP (not convincing on gapless playback), M.A.L.P (which does not seem to work at all), and mconnect (which does not look as if it can be made to disable its own volume controls).

Does anybody here have any advice on this?

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #2,922 of 6,295
I think its time for me to show some love and appreciation to Matt and the folks over at Chord.
Mind, I do have some criticism regarding wifi range and stability. If its not in direct line of sight of the router and within 15 steps or so, upsampled material tends to drop 5 to 10 seconds into a song.
I've been waiting for the 2go since it was first proposed nearly 2years ago, around the time I bought the hugo2. Im really into roon and always wanted a roon ready portable device that would deliver bit perfect tunes around the house. Phones and the newer dap's do work with roon but everything gets downsampled to 16/48. Astell&Kern had promised Roon readiness with much fanfare quite a while back but have failed to deliver. With the 2go I now have a library in full hi res at my earlobes without downscaling and the fantastic decoding abilities of the hugo2 doing what it does best for the music.
So, I'm happy and Chord deserves my gratitude for that.
Thanks to all at Chord.:beerchug:

Jul 7, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #2,923 of 6,295
Now that I have the hardware seemingly up and running I am thinking about which control app to use.

I will be using the hugo 2 2go while out and about. I want to use my Android phone as a control point while having my music on an sd card mounted in the 2go. Therefore the hugo 2 2go is both the server and the renderer. I will be using wired IEMs connected to the hugo 2. My phone will be connected to the hugo 2 2go using the 2go in its hotspot mode.

I have two essential requirements of the system: gapless playback is ESSENTIAL; and no volume controls should be in effect except the volume control on the hugo 2 - which is to say the 2go has to serve the audio to the hugo 2 in bit-perfect form.

So far I have looked at BubbleUPnP (not convincing on gapless playback), M.A.L.P (which does not seem to work at all), and mconnect (which does not look as if it can be made to disable its own volume controls).

Does anybody here have any advice on this?
Use "Bit perfect" setting in GoFogure app can bypass the volume adjust in third party control apps

Jul 7, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #2,925 of 6,295
I own both Poly & 2Go. Yes, H2 audio noticeably > Mojo. But, as a streamer, even after this update, the 2Go is an inferior product to the Poly. The Poly doesn't suffer from pops and clicks and has better wifi reception.

Enough. @SteveHulk I personally cannot recommend this product.

Poly feels like a massively inferior product to me. Had two of them and, while things got better, Poly was an absolute shocker.

2Go is light years ahead of Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back