Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 14, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #1,953 of 6,288
Hi folks,

New H2 owner here. WOW is all I can say. What an incredible piece of kit. I am currently using a microRendu ethernet attached as a Roon endpoint. I have the 2" rigid USB A to micro adapter from the good folks at Uptone Audio for the shortest USB connection possible into the H2. The sound is sublime.

I am very interested in the 2go and wondering if any Rendu owners have tried the 2go and if you could detect any sound differences?

I really like the whole H2/2go idea. It's very cool and a perfectly matched pair, but it's also $1300, and I would like to get more out of that than just a "wow this is neat" feeling.

thanks!

May 14, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #1,954 of 6,288
Mconnect Player (not lite)

Right, but there is: mconnect Player, mconnect Player HD, mconnect control, mconnect control HD.

Rigelian really doesn't have album art. That's surprising and too bad.

Also, could I trouble you a bit to say a little more about Glider. I assume you meant it works but is it a good experience functionally and aesthetically compared to other options?

May 14, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #1,955 of 6,288
I am using Mconnect in iPad mini for the player apps for 2go, I discover that I need to select player each time when connect to 2go, otherwise the default player will be iPad mini. But I don't need to select each time in 8Player

May 14, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #1,956 of 6,288
I also received reply from Chord, concern the 2go "pops and clicks" issue:

Dear Sir, thanks for your email and the feeback.

We’ve identified the issue you describe and are hoping to begin testing of a new firmware fix in the coming weeks before public release. We will hopefully be able to update this further as and when we have more information to supply.

All the best

Ed Selley / Customer Support
support@chordelectronics.co.uk / (+44) 01622 721 444
Chord Electronics Ltd.

The Pumphouse, Farleigh Bridge
Farleigh Lane, East Farleigh, Kent, ME16 9NB, United Kingdom

https://www.chordelectronics.co.uk

May 15, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #1,957 of 6,288
Right, but there is: mconnect Player, mconnect Player HD, mconnect control, mconnect control HD.

Rigelian really doesn't have album art. That's surprising and too bad.

Also, could I trouble you a bit to say a little more about Glider. I assume you meant it works but is it a good experience functionally and aesthetically compared to other options?

Glider, to me is the nicest UI and UX but one fo the most flaky in terms of connection. Sadly no good option. The more stable apps look terrible and the better looking ones fall over more. A let down to the whole system.

May 15, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #1,958 of 6,288
I'm going to try out Glider and Mconnect for IOS, but a lot of times I'm on my Mac and would like to access the 2Go SDcards from my laptop. Are there good options for MacOS to control 2Go? I'm looking into Plex, but I don't really want a web browser based UI. It would be great to have a dedicated MacOS application like there are for IOS.

May 15, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #1,959 of 6,288
I'm going to try out Glider and Mconnect for IOS, but a lot of times I'm on my Mac and would like to access the 2Go SDcards from my laptop. Are there good options for MacOS to control 2Go? I'm looking into Plex, but I don't really want a web browser based UI. It would be great to have a dedicated MacOS application like there are for IOS.

I would love the same thing. I asked before and was told Audirvana but i tried it and couldn't get it to work. If anyone has more info or another app to try i'd love to know too!

May 15, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #1,961 of 6,288
I would love the same thing. I asked before and was told Audirvana but i tried it and couldn't get it to work. If anyone has more info or another app to try i'd love to know too!

Roon:)

May 15, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #1,964 of 6,288
Whilst not exactly what you asked as well as Roon you can use something like J River Media Center which allows you to see the music stored on the SD card and then control the playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back