Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 11, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #1,921 of 6,288
I just finished listening to the same album via Roon, but on WiFi, not ethernet. I did not hear any clicks. I've still not heard this clicking at anytime. If the clicking is *very* faint, I might be missing it. Hey @Doody thanks for the reminder about this album. It is a *great* album!!
For me it's just like vinyl pop. A very audible one. Equal in volume to the music.

May 11, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #1,922 of 6,288
I concur with @hardinge. It's the same volume as the music - a very quick noise. I'd call it a click more than a pop - but now we're getting into religion :wink:.

It's 'faster' moreso than it is 'faint' IMHO. It's screwed up data in the stream that the renderer can't deal with - digital noise. While it's not overtly louder than the music, it's definitely not subtle IMHO - it interrupts things. The fact that it's 'fast' means you can get through it, but it can certainly be jarring.

Doody

May 11, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #1,923 of 6,288
My experience with the click/pop issue is just like Doody describes. It's not faint for me. Random and quick.

May 12, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #1,924 of 6,288
I got both.

The vinyl sound is in particular audible with Airplay.

May 12, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #1,925 of 6,288
That's interesting. I've only gotten the very soft kind. Sort of like static when you touch a metal object (after walking barefoot on a rug on a cold winter morning...)

May 12, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #1,927 of 6,288
Why not run the wireless IEM or headphone straight from your iPhone?

I can even run wireless IEM’s and headphones from my watch (so no phone is needed)

May 12, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #1,929 of 6,288
Wireless headphones and IEM’s have a DAC and amplifier build in, so it is pointless to use the 2GO + Hugo 2 I’d say.

And I’m sure Apple has a far superior AAC codec implementation then what Chord could come up (considering that Android struggles with AAC).

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #1,931 of 6,288
I got both.

The vinyl sound is in particular audible with Airplay.
Had the 2GO now since Monday and after the intial setup which was a PITA it now seems to work as promised, nor really a Plug and Play thing but assume I will get used to it or just get Roon....

Regarding the Vinyl clicks, I first time Yesterday spend some time in the evneing and I also have these extremely enoying sounds occasionally both via Airplay and also streaming via the MConnect, not yet tested it if these occur while in hotspot mode but will try this too, from SD card I also need to spend some time to check if same can be heard there and if only on wifi or also when Ethernet is connected, many variables.....

Must say that I am disappointed this has past the quality control, it is easily heard even as I right this on my speakers (QUAD ESL 2905) but assume it can be passed if you have not heard the recording before that the song/track was like this...

I hope Chord has a plan to fix this ASAP as I will not accept this,

For others guidance I noticed a significant better performance with MConnect streaming Qobuz and Tidal than using Airplay, so airplay will only be used of no other option.
On another note noticed that the 2Go was much more sensitive to drop outs than when I use my Node 2i this when wifi on optimum sucha as when my wife is on Zoom and my son wathes Netflix at the same time....though I have an average wifi spead of 85Mbps so we should be ok.....

Just my 2 cents, and await feedback from CHORD what their next step is to fix this quality issue or I would have to return it as broken unit.....

May 13, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #1,932 of 6,288
Had the 2GO now since Monday and after the intial setup which was a PITA it now seems to work as promised, nor really a Plug and Play thing but assume I will get used to it or just get Roon....

Regarding the Vinyl clicks, I first time Yesterday spend some time in the evneing and I also have these extremely enoying sounds occasionally both via Airplay and also streaming via the MConnect, not yet tested it if these occur while in hotspot mode but will try this too, from SD card I also need to spend some time to check if same can be heard there and if only on wifi or also when Ethernet is connected, many variables.....

Must say that I am disappointed this has past the quality control, it is easily heard even as I right this on my speakers (QUAD ESL 2905) but assume it can be passed if you have not heard the recording before that the song/track was like this...

For others guidance I noticed a significant better performance with MConnect streaming Qobuz and Tidal than using Airplay, so airplay will only be used of no other option.
On another note noticed that the 2Go was much more sensitive to drop outs than when I use my Node 2i this when wifi on optimum sucha as when my wife is on Zoom and my son wathes Netflix at the same time....though I have an average wifi spead of 85Mbps so we should be ok.....

Just my 2 cents, and await feedback from CHORD what their next step is to fix this quality issue or I would have to return it as broken unit.....
Dear All,

Further to above I made an official complaint with CHORD support and below is their reply which should add a band aid and some soothing for our troubled minds....

Dear Sir, thanks for your email and the feeback.
We’ve identified the issue you describe and are hoping to begin testing of a new firmware fix in the coming weeks before public release. We will hopefully be able to update this further as and when we have more information to supply.
All the best

Unquote

May 13, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #1,934 of 6,288
Dear All,

Further to above I made an official complaint with CHORD support and below is their reply which should add a band aid and some soothing for our troubled minds....

Dear Sir, thanks for your email and the feeback.
We’ve identified the issue you describe and are hoping to begin testing of a new firmware fix in the coming weeks before public release. We will hopefully be able to update this further as and when we have more information to supply.
All the best

Unquote
I realise that you are understandably frustrated, but you could also have read the post by Matt just two days ago.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-adaptor-official-thread.925464/post-15607868

May 13, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #1,935 of 6,288

I agree. I spotted many of these things after owning it less than a minute. How it passed testing beats me. Total amateurs.

For me, I don’t use the 2GO + Hugo 2 at home so it is not a big deal yet. I hope they get it fixed when we are allowed to return to the office as that is what I bought it for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back