Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 9, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #1,891 of 6,290
So this is the best way to use Hugo 2 as far as best sound quality?
With no regens, reclockers, cleaners, etc in any of the chain for me easily best is from SD card - black background, clear, engaging. Roon over ethernet is actually really good too but keen to see what an etherregen just before the 2go does. Short time with wifi and felt not as good as ethernet cable.

May 9, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #1,892 of 6,290
the oppo pm1 is my main current headphone. superb collectors.

anyway i read something about herbs and 2go and don't get it at all. one's for cooking one's for hi fi audio??

I’m also using my PM1’s as my ”go-to” cans with the H2go
Brilliant combo and so comfortable. It’s such a shame Oppo pulled out the headphone game.

May 9, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #1,894 of 6,290
😱 same position and will get my 2Go on Monday, a bit concerned but hope it will work out, as long as I can stream High res from tidal or qobuz via Iphone on the go and from several ssd, I will be happy camper, if not 🤔

Yes, at Times I do, but it is depending on the recording, e.g 60 ties music, yes, electronic, no, rock.....depending, vocals or classic guitar, no.. so very much dependent on the quality of the recording and your music taste, and also my 2 cents, the transparency, openess, wide soundstage and instrumental placement is so far unbeatable...... but as you say! Bright! Yes/No but I honestly wish for some more meat/body on the bone to the music and maybe some additional extended bass(not bloomy but firm) and I agree with you for sure, i will not get rid of these but only complement so I am future wise looking at empyrean, if anything else on the horizon that could add, I am all ears!
Just
I’m also using my PM1’s as my ”go-to” cans with the H2go
Brilliant combo and so comfortable. It’s such a shame Oppo pulled out the headphone game.
Seriously don't understand why they called it in and ended their success, almost all their stuff was high end at a budget, I still have my Oppo Bdp-95 and love it in my home cinema, wish someone could continue where they left off....

May 9, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #1,895 of 6,290
Got some clicks today on a non-redbook track (for the first time, AFAIK). Roon endpoint via ethernet cable. A Naim recording - Charlie Haden & Chris Anderson - very airy and dark background bass & piano. 24/192. Just two clicks and they weren't reproducible and didn't cluster-up like I'd experienced before. It's EXACTLY the same clicky noise I can get as i click into or around on a track as the data feed gets interrupted or started abruptly.

Why I get it more on redbook than hi-res is beyond me.

When I checked GoFigure, I found a THIRD anomaly. Previously (A) I'd been able to have the Airplane light ON and the Settings screen show me connected to my WiFi even though an ethernet cable was connected and (B) I'd had it show Airplane Mode ON and WiFi disconnected and yet it was playing music over WiFi (no ethernet cable in). THIS time it showed the Airplane indicator ON but in Settings the switch for Airplane mode was OFF - so who knows whether the WiFi radio was on or off.

@Matt Bartlett I continue to think you've got some WiFi radio control issues that screws with stuff and causes the clicks - and the radio isn't really getting turned off properly at all. Just one boy's opinion.

Doody

Last edited:
May 9, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,896 of 6,290
I settled on both.
1TB on left
512 GB on right.

it’s working smoothly since Moon Audio advised dropping provider’s router (same advice internet provider tech gave)

the switch over is smooth.

I’ve categorized the two SD cards in a specific way that works well for me.
Mr Peter, have you noticed any difference of sound using a digital input vs the SD card?

May 9, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #1,899 of 6,290
I appreciate it.
I guess another question to annoy with, have you noticed any difference using 2go vs using pc to Hugo 2 via digital?

No annoyance. I’ve mostly listened to SD card and have been very pleased. I haven’t noticed a difference from computer to SD card, but I’m uncertain as to whether I can hear a difference. I find myself getting lost in the music—-like an adventure.

I’ll try some critical listening.

May 9, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #1,900 of 6,290
No annoyance. I’ve mostly listened to SD card and have been very pleased. I haven’t noticed a difference from computer to SD card, but I’m uncertain as to whether I can hear a difference. I find myself getting lost in the music—-like an adventure.

I’ll try some critical listening.
I appreciate you, please, please me Peter, let me know!

May 10, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #1,901 of 6,290
Got some clicks today on a non-redbook track (for the first time, AFAIK). Roon endpoint via ethernet cable. A Naim recording - Charlie Haden & Chris Anderson - very airy and dark background bass & piano. 24/192. Just two clicks and they weren't reproducible and didn't cluster-up like I'd experienced before. It's EXACTLY the same clicky noise I can get as i click into or around on a track as the data feed gets interrupted or started abruptly.

Here's my thoughts so far (some alignment with you on low vs high res):
1. seems often i get a single click or pop about 5-10 seconds into a track (wonder if this is after moving from one resolution to another).
2. i've started listing tracks that get a series of pops (not just one near the start) and so far they have been songs with dynamic range (as per Roon's calcs) >10 (e.g. 13 and 15).
3. i do feel lower res has more clicks and pops.

Maybe others could look out for these too. I may be way off and all confirmation bias.

May 10, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #1,902 of 6,290
Anyone else noticed that the bluetooth radio on the 2go lags when watching videos? Can someone please try connecting the 2go to a PC via bluetooth, play a video clip with an actor talking - do you experience lip-sync issues?
Connecting PC to the Hugo2 via bluetooth does not cause this issue.

May 10, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #1,903 of 6,290
Anyone else noticed that the bluetooth radio on the 2go lags when watching videos? Can someone please try connecting the 2go to a PC via bluetooth, play a video clip with an actor talking - do you experience lip-sync issues?
Connecting PC to the Hugo2 via bluetooth does not cause this issue.
I tried 2go/Hugo2 with an apple TV and gave up. It was all waay out of sync. I assumed there was a lip sync adjustment in the apple TV but i gave up. So you're saying this could be a bug?

May 10, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #1,904 of 6,290
Lip sync is a bear of a problem. I'm super sensitive to it. No system I've ever owned could handle it to my liking, including kilobuck AV processors. So I don't even try. Music only for me, and whatever for movies/tv. I have zero expectation that I could use my H2go and get properly lip-sync'd audio. I'll watch for the magic solution here, but I won't hold my breath.

Doody

May 10, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #1,905 of 6,290
1. seems often i get a single click or pop about 5-10 seconds into a track (wonder if this is after moving from one resolution to another).
Interesting. I have not noticed this. In fact, my experiences are usually well into a track. What is your Resync Delay set to in Roon in your H2go Device Setup? Mine is 100ms, which I think is the default. You can set it as high as 10s. Perhaps try that (it'll be annoying, but...) and see if it changes the "early in the track" behavior? This way you'll know (with some certainty) that Roon is queuing everything up correctly before 2go even gets to see it. Random thought.

2. i've started listing tracks that get a series of pops (not just one near the start) and so far they have been songs with dynamic range (as per Roon's calcs) >10 (e.g. 13 and 15).
Fascinating theory, but not sure I grok how this would work. 2go is just moving bits from the network to H2. It doesn't care what the DR is. If H2 plays that data flawlessly (which I assume it does) then 2go should just pass that data along to H2 without drama and have it play flawlessly. The packets getting to 2go don't change based on DR, and (most likely) whatever 2go is doing internally doesn't care about what's in the data either - it just re-packs it for transmission over USB to H2. Anything is possible though! In the absence of answers, we WILL continue to speculate. I will start tracking that info as well. Thx.

It'd be lovely to hear from Chord as to how things are going on this pops/clicks problem. It does have to get sorted out, and we expect it will be, but it'd be nicer to have it sorted sooner rather than, say, in 2021 or 2022 :wink:.

Doody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back