Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 8, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #1,876 of 6,295
What are my options if I want to eq hugo2go in a portable setting? Please don't ask why I need to do it... not all headphones are perfect.

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #1,878 of 6,295
Ey guys. Question to my dear 2go owners:
I have a Hugo2 which I happily run with a LG G7 with UAPP via a USB cable. Set-up wise, I do not find the cable annoying and I use Tidal and have enough GBs in the phone. So I ask you sound-wise, have you found a sonic improvement using 2go?

May 8, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #1,879 of 6,295
I have a Hugo2 which I happily run with a LG G7 with UAPP via a USB cable. Set-up wise, I do not find the cable annoying and I use Tidal and have enough GBs in the phone. So I ask you sound-wise, have you found a sonic improvement using 2go?
I definitely noticed a difference when I got it, smoking some herb... It may have been all in my head, or lungs, though...

May 8, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #1,880 of 6,295

Probably it is better to use the jitterbug then.

I never did a direct A/B comparison since it is pain to remove the 2GO (it is screwed onto the Hugo 2), but the jitterbug also improves the Hugo 2.

May 8, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #1,881 of 6,295
Probably it is better to use the jitterbug then.

I never did a direct A/B comparison since it is pain to remove the 2GO (it is screwed onto the Hugo 2), but the jitterbug also improves the Hugo 2.
Using HD800 and Ch2 with MBP and jitterbug( only time I use it), no herbs just glass of red wine streaming Mogwai via Qobuz.... sounds satisfactory 👍 2GO arrives on Monday.......
8ABA6256-2683-400D-9CDA-BE03DD5EBD36.jpeg

May 8, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #1,882 of 6,295
Using HD800 and Ch2 with MBP and jitterbug( only time I use it), no herbs just glass of red wine streaming Mogwai via Qobuz.... sounds satisfactory 👍 2GO arrives on Monday.......
8ABA6256-2683-400D-9CDA-BE03DD5EBD36.jpeg
Dammit! CAN SOMEBODY TURN THAT PIC AROUND!

May 8, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #1,883 of 6,295
May 8, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #1,885 of 6,295
In all seriousness, I am very glad to have bought the 2go. Like you, I had previously connected my Android phone to the Hugo 2 with a usb cable. In my experience there was a clear improvement in sound quality when I switched to the 2go. I mentioned the specifics a few pages back in this thread.

Moreover, after the direct connect - phone to h2 via usb - I got a Bluesound Node 2i because my phone just couldn't hold all my music. Again, the 2go was noticeably better in sound quality. So I sold the Bluesound. The 2go is a keeper.

I do have a couple of caveats. I have not done a blind A/B test of the different setups. If someone said that I would not be able to tell the difference blind with levels matched, I would not argue vehemently.

Second caveat: the Bluesound software was rock solid. No hiccups. No wifi issues. And indexing was much quicker than with the 2go. As others have said, we're kinda beta testers for Chord, which I don't mind because I'm confident that they'll iron out the wrinkles.

May 8, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,886 of 6,295
In all seriousness, I am very glad to have bought the 2go. Like you, I had previously connected my Android phone to the Hugo 2 with a usb cable. In my experience there was a clear improvement in sound quality when I switched to the 2go. I mentioned the specifics a few pages back in this thread.

Moreover, after the direct connect - phone to h2 via usb - I got a Bluesound Node 2i because my phone just couldn't hold all my music. Again, the 2go was noticeably better in sound quality. So I sold the Bluesound. The 2go is a keeper.

I do have a couple of caveats. I have not done a blind A/B test of the different setups. If someone said that I would not be able to tell the difference blind with levels matched, I would not argue vehemently.

Second caveat: the Bluesound software was rock solid. No hiccups. No wifi issues. And indexing was much quicker than with the 2go. As others have said, we're kinda beta testers for Chord, which I don't mind because I'm confident that they'll iron out the wrinkles.
😱 same position and will get my 2Go on Monday, a bit concerned but hope it will work out, as long as I can stream High res from tidal or qobuz via Iphone on the go and from several ssd, I will be happy camper, if not 🤔
Do you not find the HD800 plus Hugo2 too bright?
Yes, at Times I do, but it is depending on the recording, e.g 60 ties music, yes, electronic, no, rock.....depending, vocals or classic guitar, no.. so very much dependent on the quality of the recording and your music taste, and also my 2 cents, the transparency, openess, wide soundstage and instrumental placement is so far unbeatable...... but as you say! Bright! Yes/No but I honestly wish for some more meat/body on the bone to the music and maybe some additional extended bass(not bloomy but firm) and I agree with you for sure, i will not get rid of these but only complement so I am future wise looking at empyrean, if anything else on the horizon that could add, I am all ears!

May 8, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #1,887 of 6,295

I have had mine for a couple of days. I think it sounds better than my previous setup (USB from Windows PC/ iPhone to Hugo2). Source is Roon (tidal and flac, mostly), headphone is Oppo PM1.

I also compared the Hugo2go to the Oppo 205‘s headphone out and I preferred the sound of the 2go. Add to that the fact that it is trans(portable), that makes it a ’no brainer’ for hugo2 owners, I feel.

The only negative so far is the current firmware. Too many hiccups for my liking. Though nothing that a quick reboot doesn’t sort out.

May 8, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #1,889 of 6,295
the oppo pm1 is my main current headphone. superb collectors.

anyway i read something about herbs and 2go and don't get it at all. one's for cooking one's for hi fi audio??

May 8, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #1,890 of 6,295
You have to do the equalisation before the music is streamed to the 2Go.
For mobile use that means using an app on your phone or tablet, and then streaming to the 2Go.
Right, but what if I'm playing from the SD card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back