Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 15, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #4,456 of 6,290
You continue with your allegations about the case.
I invite you to post your proof behind that statement, and not just opinions/allegations.
The floor is yours.
I have proof! ......our two new cases for the combo were designed and commissioned many many, months ago and have been in production since but due to covid they have been delayed however we have been
informed they and due to ship in a few weeks. I’m sorry for the frustrations of some of you on several aspects of this product. Please be assured like the work on the cases and despite the virus other work is quietly continuing and when we have more information on future updates for you we will release it.

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #4,457 of 6,290
I have proof! ......our two new cases for the combo were designed and commissioned many many, months ago and have been in production since but due to covid they have been delayed however we have been
informed they and due to ship in a few weeks. I’m sorry for the frustrations of some of you on several aspects of this product. Please be assured like the work on the cases and despite the virus other work is quietly continuing and when we have more information on future updates for you we will release it.
Unfortunately this all stemmed from a reply to a question on your FB page, which clearly was uninformed and innacurate.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #4,458 of 6,290
Unfortunately this all stemmed from a reply to a question on your FB page, which clearly was uninformed and innacurate.
It was neither, information is released when we think it appropriate and as we had no confirmation of deliveries from the factory manufacturing these cases why should we. I could have waited until we received them but I thought the risk was low enough to give you guys the heads up just to ease your frustrations in case your thinking about getting something Possibly I shouldn’t have bothered after all.

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,459 of 6,290
It was neither, information is released when we think it appropriate and as we had no confirmation of deliveries from the factory manufacturing these cases why should we. I could have waited until we received them but I thought the risk was low enough to give you guys the heads up just to ease your frustrations in case your thinking about getting something Possibly I shouldn’t have bothered after all.
"you’ll be the first to find out on Facebook if we do release any cases for 2go! I’ll forward your suggestion onto the production team, many thanks 👍"

Maybe it's me, but this reply implies no cases in the pipeline, but suggestion will be forwarded. That bears no resemblance to what you have posted here.

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #4,460 of 6,290
"you’ll be the first to find out on Facebook if we do release any cases for 2go! I’ll forward your suggestion onto the production team, many thanks 👍"

Maybe it's me, but this reply implies no cases in the pipeline, but suggestion will be forwarded. That bears no resemblance to what you have posted here.
I’m sorry I only dropped in here to up date you I didn’t sign up for the pointless circular arguments. Edd Selly a freelancer who kindly helps with technical questions whom I believe possibly posted that information is obviously not yet aware of the case. We will put out a marketing release with photos when they arrive. As I said I gave an early up date to correct any erroneous misinformation spreading on this thread about Chord not caring about the product enough to consider the making a case etc.

Oct 15, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #4,461 of 6,290
I’m sorry I only dropped in here to up date you I didn’t sign up for the pointless circular arguments. Edd Selly a freelancer who kindly helps with technical questions whom I believe possibly posted that information is obviously not yet aware of the case. We will put out a marketing release with photos when they arrive. As I said I gave an early up date to correct any erroneous misinformation spreading on this thread about Chord not caring about the product enough to consider the making a case etc.
I appreciate the clarification, however I find it rather arrogant to call this a pointless circular argument when the cause of all of this was your freelancer not giving the correct information. As one of your customers, I think a "sorry for the misunderstanding" would have been more conducive to good customer relations, especially in light of all the other issues being reported here.

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #4,462 of 6,290
Challenges and gripes (deserved) aside, this is one of the most satisfying solutions I’ve owned over the years. Urges to sell it off and look elsewhere are short lived because the complete package just delivers. Sound quality, convenience and style - it just has it all. That said, I am one of the users that experience very few issues which I’m grateful for. Anyway enjoy the tunes, folks.
:beerchug:

3289EEAF-4448-4486-B044-5C4166D493B4.jpeg

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #4,464 of 6,290
I have a lot of connectivity issues trying to use MConnect. The main reason I use MConnect is to stream Tidal Masters tracks To the 2Go. I prefer Roon but my annual subscription has expired and it’s just not something I’d like to keep paying for. Is there anything else I can use? I know I can Airplay but it doesn’t seem to take advantage of the higher bitrates and it slows down my device that I am Airplaying from. Any advice would be appreciated

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #4,465 of 6,290
I have a lot of connectivity issues trying to use MConnect. The main reason I use MConnect is to stream Tidal Masters tracks To the 2Go. I prefer Roon but my annual subscription has expired and it’s just not something I’d like to keep paying for. Is there anything else I can use? I know I can Airplay but it doesn’t seem to take advantage of the higher bitrates and it slows down my device that I am Airplaying from. Any advice would be appreciated

Audirvana is very good. You can control it with your phone also.

I was able to stream DSD512 without drops out when I had the 2GO still, so it should work.

However there are pops and cracks randomly appearing which is a software issue on Chord there side because all my other streaming capable devices have none of these issues on the same network.

Oct 16, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #4,466 of 6,290

That new case looks the schiit, it's looks exactly like it's cool little brother for mojo and poly. The Van Nuys cases look much better than the shoulder man bag for Hugo 1, which coincidentally became a massive hit at LGBT meetings in the san francisco area.

So who here is from San Francisco ?

Oct 16, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #4,468 of 6,290
It's not a good idea to name and force anyone out of the closet until they are ready to do so by themselves mike, as it could cause PTSD.

Radnor, I'd sue miketlse

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #4,469 of 6,290
I notice that this case leaves the sd card slots uncovered.

Does anybody else ever have a cold sweat imagining a 2go sd card slot mechanism having a meltdown when out and about and pinging 2TB of music down a drain? Or is it just me? 😱

I think if I ever design a case for the Hugo 2go then I will have these slots covered with some thick leather 😀

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #4,470 of 6,290
I notice that this case leaves the sd card slots uncovered.

Does anybody else ever have a cold sweat imagining a 2go sd card slot mechanism having a meltdown when out and about and pinging 2TB of music down a drain? Or is it just me? 😱

I think if I ever design a case for the Hugo 2go then I will have these slots covered with some thick leather 😀
Even Valentinum's case with it's cover leaves the slots exposed. I think the cards are pretty safe though, due to the slots being dimpled inwards and the cards themselves well recessed. Could use a strip of tape I suppose :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back