Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 11, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #4,442 of 6,290
After many initial frustrations, I’ve had a decent experience with the Hugo2Go combo, but I saw something interesting today. The Fii0 M11 (now selling for about $400ish).

I THINK (stress think) the M11 has two sd card slots and is Roon ready. Plus, it seems to have a feature where you can control the player from a connected phone. Again, please don’t buy on my word for it, but this product seems very interesting as a transport. With my original Hugo, I could never find a perfect transport. The M11 seems sort of like what I wanted the 2Go to be.

Oct 11, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #4,443 of 6,290
After many initial frustrations, I’ve had a decent experience with the Hugo2Go combo, but I saw something interesting today. The Fii0 M11 (now selling for about $400ish).

I THINK (stress think) the M11 has two sd card slots and is Roon ready. Plus, it seems to have a feature where you can control the player from a connected phone. Again, please don’t buy on my word for it, but this product seems very interesting as a transport. With my original Hugo, I could never find a perfect transport. The M11 seems sort of like what I wanted the 2Go to be.
Yep, if you’re happy w/ AptX, phones or players work great to drive H2.

Oct 11, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #4,444 of 6,290
Yes the FB post seems strange.
Certainly Chord were working on a case in April, but maybe various covid repercussions mean that the case has not come to fruition.
The FB post does leave the impression, that the work on the case must have been disrupted so badly, that little or no progress has been made since April.

Strange as the company that makes the Mojo, MojoPoly, H2 Premium cases for @ChordElectronics @Mojo ideas also makes the same style/quality case for the H22go. Bit surprised @Matt Bartlett and team are not selling this as well as the carry bag.

https://www.vannuys.co.jp/official/...jo8udYpuzbC8tOpM1Sdn4Ws39lWPZT9q3XPni7VSLwMV4

Oct 11, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #4,445 of 6,290
Oct 11, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #4,446 of 6,290

1602456093545.jpeg

Oct 12, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #4,447 of 6,290

I have the M11 and can only output bit perfect from Qobuz using coax, not USB, and it wont output as a Roon endpoint bit perfect to using coax. In the end it all got too fiddly to use as a transport/Roon endpoint. If you just stick to a coax connection and don't use Roon, it is useable, other than the Qobuz app is really laggy. You could use UAP, but this won't support offline Qobuz.

Oct 12, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #4,448 of 6,290
Sorry if this has already been covered.

I'm thinking of getting a Hugo 2 and 2go, my use cases would be:
- Fully portable using my phone and 2go (Tidal and micro SD with mconnect player, had a mojo and poly before and this worked great so not expecting any issues).
- Portable or at desk using AptX bluetooth for things like audible or YouTube from my phone.
- At desk using Optical from my PC

Just wanted to check I would be able to leave the 2go connected and switch between it, AptX Bluetooth, and Optical as inputs?

Also, if I have RCA and headphone output connected at the same time does that cause one or other to cut off? Or do they both just output at the same time?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #4,449 of 6,290
Just wanted to check I would be able to leave the 2go connected and switch between it, AptX Bluetooth, and Optical as inputs? ...
Yes, for sure. You can change input away from USB (the 2Go) or any other input to AptX with the Hugo remote or by pressing the input colored ball. Having the 2go attached doesn't change this. As far as the Hugo 2 is concerned the 2go is just another input.
...Also, if I have RCA and headphone output connected at the same time does that cause one or other to cut off? Or do they both just output at the same time?
Interesting question -- I've never tested this. Both the headphone outputs (1/4 inch and 3.5mm) are active simultaneously. I have noticed that plugging in (or un-plugging) a second set of headphones does not affect the volume.

If you don't get another answer about simultaneous RCA & headphone output I can test this evening.

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #4,450 of 6,290
Yes, for sure. You can change input away from USB (the 2Go) or any other input to AptX with the Hugo remote or by pressing the input colored ball. Having the 2go attached doesn't change this. As far as the Hugo 2 is concerned the 2go is just another input.

Interesting question -- I've never tested this. Both the headphone outputs (1/4 inch and 3.5mm) are active simultaneously. I have noticed that plugging in (or un-plugging) a second set of headphones does not affect the volume.

If you don't get another answer about simultaneous RCA & headphone output I can test this evening.

Thanks for that!

The reason I was asking about the simultaneous RCA and headphone output is just because I swap between my powered speakers and headphones a lot during a normal day at my desk. I don't mind them both being active at the same time but don't want to have to unplug the RCAs every time I want to use my headphones.

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #4,451 of 6,290

All are active all the time.

Both the RCA and headphones out are directly connected to the FGPA. They output the same audio simultaneously.
A few posts above, Rob Watts mentioned there is a minuscule impedance difference between RCA and headphone jacks.

DJ

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #4,452 of 6,290
I have the M11 and can only output bit perfect from Qobuz using coax, not USB, and it wont output as a Roon endpoint bit perfect to using coax. In the end it all got too fiddly to use as a transport/Roon endpoint. If you just stick to a coax connection and don't use Roon, it is useable, other than the Qobuz app is really laggy. You could use UAP, but this won't support offline Qobuz.

thanks a million for this post!

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #4,454 of 6,290
Oct 14, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #4,455 of 6,290
When are they fixing the pops and clicks? Why is this still an issue? :deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back