Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 13, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #3,946 of 6,290
How can you check the wireless signal? Do you mean the number of “bars” on the WiFi symbol in the app, or is there a way that provides more specific details.

He's talking about a WiFi scanner app for your phone or tablet. It'll show you what channels things are on and how strong the signals are.

Doody

My home network is based on the UniFi platform from Ubiquiti Networks and one of the really cool aspects of their system is the UniFi Controller software. With it, I can get an overview of how my network and clients are performing. Here's a screenshot of the stats from my H2Go, you'll notice in the "WiFi Experience" graph that an abnormal dip occurred around ~24 hours ago which coincides with the playback issues I mentioned.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 12.05.24 PM.png

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #3,947 of 6,290
:wine_glass: The best noise filter!!!!
+1 :wine_glass: is a great audiophile enhancer, better that $600 cables, that said I really wish the :wine_glass: would solve the “vinylpopsandclicks” but I think Chord need something stronger than a Rioja to solve that problem though....not even a single malt helps with that...

Aug 14, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #3,950 of 6,290
I have tried using Ethernet now vs WiFi and all I can say is that I really should have tried this sooner. The difference is immediately apparent and quite a lot better. The sound is richer and warmer with deeper and more controlled bass whilst the upper frequencies are also a lot more tightly controlled and reigned in - Wifi sounds slightly confused and cluttered in this area by comparison. A much bigger difference than I was expecting to hear and there will now be no going back for me. In addition, I no longer need to worry about streaming hires when the weather isn’t conducive. 😁

This was with H2Go plugged into an Ethernet socket in the wall. I also tried plugging into the Ethernet output of the Innuos Statement in my main system where I have made great efforts at reducing noise and, whilst I did detect a further subtle improvement, you had to listen hard to hear it whereas the comparison with WiFi was just immediately obvious. H2Go is really quite a staggering little device imo.

Aug 14, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #3,951 of 6,290
Enjoying the Chord family quarrel this morning :D

It is David versus Goliath in size but little Mojo is definitely not giving up without a fight!

90DA6170-EAD5-4F2B-A284-A90C12E3F11F.jpeg

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #3,952 of 6,290
I'm going on 24 hours straight now wireless and ON POWER, again at 44.1, with no interruptions. I am now wondering if I'm getting the massively improved results because I somehow (prior to this) appeard to have stopped upsampling on the Roon server side. I am still using MQA and some other hi-rez streaming files from the internet, though, as well as digital volume. So some higher-rez and non bit-perfect stuff is still in the transmission 24 hours and running.

The miracle continues...

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #3,953 of 6,290
I can say with absolute subjective certainty (see how I wrote that?) that all the things you read about that you can do upstream of your music server and your DAC will make a noticeable and additive improvement...in a wired environment. Optical isolation, linear power supplies, power filters, dedicated power lines, bespoke ethernet cables (research brands), USB cables (research brands), USB reclockers, 10 mhz clocks, 75 ohm BNC bespoke clock cables, 50 ohm BNC bespoke clock cables, bespoke switches...all make a contribution to an improved system. Ultimately noticeable in terms of black background (did my system just stop playing after that song?), bigger soundstage, and smoother more realistic vocals. But it's a lot of money and clutter. A lot. Would you be better off taking all that money and upgrading speakers, DACs, amps, preamps, or music servers to the next level of each? Perhaps. Welcome to the debate. But tell me none of this matters? I will emphatically say back to you, you're wrong...everything matters.

I don't know what the right answer is from a $ perspective. I don't. Sometimes I lay awake at night and care. Sometimes I don't and I sleep like a baby. Sometimes in my listening chair.

It's also nice sometimes to pull out the H2Go, wirelessly, taking advantage of very little of all that clutter, sit outside on your patio, appease (somehow?) the H2Go wireless Roon gods, and entirely get through one of your all time favorite albums from your younger, healthier (happier?) days, and nothing else matters.

Mania.

P.S. A bourbon can help in all of the above situations. YMMV.

99% agree. Only debate..., the borboun one. Surely better Scotch Single Malt or Spanish Brandy de Jerez. :darthsmile:
Younger, Healthier, Happier..., Great, really we need a cup of....
:beerchug:

Aug 14, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #3,954 of 6,290
99% agree. Only debate..., the borboun one. Surely better Scotch Single Malt or Spanish Brandy de Jerez. :darthsmile:
Younger, Healthier, Happier..., Great, really we need a cup of....
:beerchug:
Depends on the music:

Loreena McKennitt -- Jamesons 18 year old or Knappogue Castle Single Malt 16 Year
Tchaikovsky -- Stoli Elit
The Who -- McKendrick's 3-Year-Old Blended Scotch Whisky
Neil Young -- Canadian Mist
Grateful Dead -- Kool-Aid

Aug 14, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #3,955 of 6,290
First three are good enough for me. Deal ¡¡¡

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #3,956 of 6,290
Did we ever hear back from chord to confirm or deny the allegation that the WiFi chip in the 2go is bargain basement?
I’ve been away a few weeks so might have missed it.

I seem to have found a solid fix for when I lose connection; if I connect and listen to music briefly via ethernet, then remove the cable, the music will stop but after restarting near to the router, the WiFi almost always then connects and keeps me online as long as I need for the listening session.
Connection is still crap but as long as I only listen in the two rooms with routers, if it fails, I have atwo minute fix. At this point, I’m more than happy with that.

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #3,957 of 6,290
Did we ever hear back from chord to confirm or deny the allegation that the WiFi chip in the 2go is bargain basement?
I’ve been away a few weeks so might have missed it.

I seem to have found a solid fix for when I lose connection; if I connect and listen to music briefly via ethernet, then remove the cable, the music will stop but after restarting near to the router, the WiFi almost always then connects and keeps me online as long as I need for the listening session.
Connection is still crap but as long as I only listen in the two rooms with routers, if it fails, I have atwo minute fix. At this point, I’m more than happy with that.

First of all, they would never say yes to such a question.
Second, 2Go's wifi is pretty good based on the three separate wifi environments I have so far tested it in.

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #3,958 of 6,290
For information, a tweet from Chord about the couple 2Go/2Yu : 2Go/2Yu Chord's tweet.
Does it mean something...?
Without meaning to be facetious, why would anyone, EVER buy a chord product for its streaming capability?
DAC quality, obviously yes, but doesn’t the 2go/2you combo mean you get none of Chord’s musicality and all of their crappy connectivity problems?

Am I missing something? Is anyone here going to touch the 2you with a barge pole?

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #3,959 of 6,290
Without meaning to be facetious, why would anyone, EVER buy a chord product for its streaming capability?
DAC quality, obviously yes, but doesn’t the 2go/2you combo mean you get none of Chord’s musicality and all of their crappy connectivity problems?

Am I missing something? Is anyone here going to touch the 2you with a barge pole?

Yup, I would (if I had a use case for it)

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #3,960 of 6,290
Two things that bother me about cases for the hugo 2go.

The device already runs hot and these nice leather cases are also going to be great thermal insulators.

The other is that snug cases might run the risk of accidental activation of the configure button on the 2Go. This has happened to me once already when listening to music and it is an unnerving experience.

I hope you'll keep us posted on this 🙂

Be careful with those cases and thermals.

I had the Hugo 2 in a case, and as summer came on in the UK, I took it out to see temperatures. My Hugo 2 was properly piping hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back