Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #3,752 of 6,290
Thanks for all your input everybody, I've decided the time is right to give 2go a trial, my local Hifi dealer will let me test one out before I buy. Wish me luck and I will let you know how it goes.

I have a background in software and IT support so I hope that will help me out. :)
Does anybody else here think it is a bit grim that a prospective buyer of the 2go, a consumer electronics product, feels it necessary to have a background in software and IT support and even then will only go forward on a trial basis?

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #3,753 of 6,290
Thanks for all your input everybody, I've decided the time is right to give 2go a trial, my local Hifi dealer will let me test one out before I buy. Wish me luck and I will let you know how it goes.

I have a background in software and IT support so I hope that will help me out. :)

I bet you will love it!

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #3,754 of 6,290
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #3,755 of 6,290
Does anybody else here think it is a bit grim that a prospective buyer of the 2go, a consumer electronics product, feels it necessary to have a background in software and IT support and even then will only go forward on a trial basis?

Yes. :)

I bet you will love it!

I hope so, if I'm one of the customers who gets a trouble free unit I know I will.

Aug 2, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #3,757 of 6,290
And you can rewrite the software and potentially make it work!

Sure mate, I take pride in your belief in me being able to write any type of software.
I am truly sorry but I literally have no issues whatsoever with my 2Go.

If you are continuing to have issues with yours just return it for a refund or sell it. Duh!!

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #3,758 of 6,290
New H2go owner here. I’m struggling a bit. I’ve been able to connect to 2Go from iPad or iPhone using GoFigure. I can play from a microSD, or via hotspot or Bluetooth. But I cannot get it to connect to either of my home networks. Does it only support some specific security protocol or set of protocols? I’m able to connect to either network via WiFi on my phone or tablet.

The visible signs are that the 2Go ‘network status’ LED blinks a slow blue, and, in GoFigure, the networks are visible and show ‘full’ strength. But when I select either one of them, the progress wheel just goes round-and-round.

Help please!

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #3,759 of 6,290
I also asked this in the Poly thread, but in case someone in here knows it, how do I get the SD cards in the Poly / 2GO visible in Audirvana? If this is not possible, is this possible in Roon?

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #3,760 of 6,290
New H2go owner here. I’m struggling a bit. I’ve been able to connect to 2Go from iPad or iPhone using GoFigure. I can play from a microSD, or via hotspot or Bluetooth. But I cannot get it to connect to either of my home networks. Does it only support some specific security protocol or set of protocols? I’m able to connect to either network via WiFi on my phone or tablet.

The visible signs are that the 2Go ‘network status’ LED blinks a slow blue, and, in GoFigure, the networks are visible and show ‘full’ strength. But when I select either one of them, the progress wheel just goes round-and-round.

Help please!
try a HW reset? and reboot router? also simplify pwd just to be sure and retry.... delete network in go figure and retry.

Aug 2, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #3,762 of 6,290
take that back.... vinyl pops and clicks like crazy... and now just did A/B with ROON @ 384.... ROON sounds much fuller and organic and NO vinyl pops and clicks... I have dedicated Roon NUC... no question this makes difference as Audirvana running off IMAC.

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #3,763 of 6,290
I know I've said it before, but the fact that you need the frankendongle 2yu in order to make Chord's kit interwork WITH ITSELF disturbs me greatly. The only excuse for such a horrible-looking thing should be to enable the 2go to work with 3rd party products.

The flagship digital front end, at the moment, would have to be:

2go + 2yu >> Mscaler >> DAVE

The form factor mixture is just nuts. Even with Chord's ridiculously expensive legs you're never going to stack that lot tidily. Even the Mscaler and DAVE by themselves cannot be stacked sensibly.

Add to that the fact that the 2go + 2yu plugged into power and ethernet would have cables flying out of three sides. That is, of course, if you dare operate it while on power.

I really don't get it.

Surely they are going to have to rationalise all this with new products: a streamer and an upsampler in the DAVE format, and a streamer in the TT format.
I would have preferred a streamer in Qutest range which would fit perfectly, but today there is no such device.
And as I mentioned previously, the 2Yu is able to have two active digital outputs at the same time. And it's a must have for me.

Maybe in the next years we will see a streamer coming in the Qutest range and then in the TT range or the Choral one.

In the meantime, I would like to know when the 2Yu will be available. @Matt Bartlett ?

Aug 3, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #3,764 of 6,290
The temperatures that people are describing in this thread do seem too high. I also read about H2Go when charging gets hot.

The Hugo 2 and Mojo have temperature sensors and will shut down if they get too hot.

I also asked this in the Poly thread, but in case someone in here knows it, how do I get the SD cards in the Poly / 2GO visible in Audirvana? If this is not possible, is this possible in Roon?

Neither. You need a DLNA player such as 8player or Rigelian on an iPhone or similar app on Android. I think Windows either has a built-in DLNA player or one is available. I need to see if there is one for MacOS. I really wish that Roon supported DLNA, but I can understand why it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back