Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 24, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #3,556 of 6,314
Are people sure that the connectivity issues are a roon problem?
I can use an ipad or laptop as a roon endpoint and never have an issue, in fact its what I resort to every time my 2go starts disconnecting.

The ONLY unit I own that continually has connection issues is the 2go
im not sure... I "suspect" it.... there is much going on with ROON compatibility... .and based on my own tests with stability on every other platform.... it points to a ROON specific issue.

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #3,557 of 6,314
im not sure... I "suspect" it.... there is much going on with ROON compatibility... .and based on my own tests with stability on every other platform.... it points to a ROON specific issue.
So, no more vinylpopsandclicks and hi-res streaming by2go in all other scenarios are working now and we should all get Roon and a happy summer vacation?

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #3,558 of 6,314
So you are saying that based on your tests running H2 with HQP.... the same music streamed to H2 sounds worse when running HQP??
Therefore what you are really saying is ANY upscaling into H2...OTHER THAN MSCALER.... would make the H2 sound worse??

We're off-topic, as this is the 2go thread, but in my experience with trying HQPlayer filters I didn't find any that could do as well as Rob's filter set-up as far as reproducing the spacial image goes.

rob watts is a smart guy... but he is an old school HW guy NOT a SW guy. I know of at least one summit level headphone company with a phd founder that is working on a revolutionary new DAC.... this space is just starting to heat up.... again why chord better step up their game because others are nipping at their heels that are far better in SW.

We're going down a stupid road here, but I guess someone who designed the complex software used for Chord's DACs is "not a sw guy". That being said, I hear every other week that someone with amazing qualifications is about to make a revolutionary DAC. Since it has been a regular thing for years, and I don't see any revolutionary DACs appearing, I'll believe it when I see it.

Now we're done with the chest-thumping, please get back to talking about the 2go/2yu.

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #3,559 of 6,314
We're off-topic, as this is the 2go thread, but in my experience with trying HQPlayer filters I didn't find any that could do as well as Rob's filter set-up as far as reproducing the spacial image goes.

We're going down a stupid road here, but I guess someone who designed the complex software used for Chord's DACs is "not a sw guy". That being said, I hear every other week that someone with amazing qualifications is about to make a revolutionary DAC. Since it has been a regular thing for years, and I don't see any revolutionary DACs appearing, I'll believe it when I see it.

Now we're done with the chest-thumping, please get back to talking about the 2go/2yu.
Thank you for eliminating the chest thumping, as my 2go is back for repair/exchange whichever works...I look forward to a discussion on making this device actually work in real life...

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #3,560 of 6,314
simply NOT true... are you aware of the capability of APPLE's current generation silicon on iphone 12???? could easily run a native version of HQP but HQP would need to be written for it.

so if there was a separate headless unit like h2go receiving the preprocessed signal from an iphone and then the onboard dac of the headless unit did its magic... you would have essentially a config that would give us portable mscaler....

rob watts is a smart guy... but he is an old school HW guy NOT a SW guy. I know of at least one summit level headphone company with a phd founder that is working on a revolutionary new DAC.... this space is just starting to heat up.... again why chord better step up their game because others are nipping at their heels that are far better in SW.

If I was CEO of DCS id price Bartok at 7 to 8K and wipe out all my competition. Bring in all these guys for my next gen stuff.

Chord... don't be NOKIA.... you are at risk.
Please elaborate on what is not true in my post that you have quoted. I think you need to take a bit more time before you respond on this forum. I used the word currently and you are quoting some future theoretical platform.

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #3,561 of 6,314
@uzi2 I'd rather not have to ask the moderators to delete posts, so please take the discussion to PMs, and keep this thread about the 2go.

Someone usefully suggested I see if anything came up in my console logs when Roon has drop-outs. Since it's Saturday here, and my neighbours should be using their wi-fi, I'm more likely to be able to find issues.

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #3,562 of 6,314
That's all very well, but what you said earlier was " nothing produces the clear sense of depth of the stock set-up the Hugo 2 has. Every type of up-sampling I've tried has sounded poorer." You have not answered the question that followed "Does that include the MScaler?" Maybe, like me, you have not experienced it...
No chest thumping here...

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #3,563 of 6,314
I haven't tried the M-Scaler at home, only at meets. I didn't think to mention it as my response was to the question of whether to use Roon's upsampling or not with the Hugo 2.

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #3,565 of 6,314
I haven't tried the M-Scaler at home, only at meets. I didn't think to mention it as my response was to the question of whether to use Roon's upsampling or not with the Hugo 2.
i use it and it "seems" to sound better.... my mind could be playing tricks... however even with POLY... roon upsampling seems more organic after i come home from a hike having played tidal/qobuz with mconnect UpnP at native resolutions.... when i switch to home net and roon with upsampling to 384... sound seem smore organic and relaxed... less "digital"... audio is very subtle... so even though it may be hard to pinpoint sound.. sometimes the feeling follows the subtle nuance of sound's impact on the subconscious.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #3,566 of 6,314
I've noticed this as well. Whenever I'm mucking about I just always default to deleting the network and re-adding - better safe than sorry. Sloppy though - please add this to the bug list @Matt Bartlett ??? Thx.

Doody
Pro tip: testing software before releasing it is a good idea.

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #3,567 of 6,314

love your YouTube reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back