Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 12, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #3,031 of 6,314
Please compare it to Neutron SQ...

I'm confused too... But it's really sounded different... 🤔🤔🤔

Try it with free app first such as Bubble UPnP, mconnect Lite, Hi-Fi Cast, and AK Connect...

Play the same music from your Hugo2go SD Card via Hotspot mode.
Hi Skeith, may I ask have you tried to use Neutron in Wi-Fi mode? And also compare the result (sound quality) between using in hotspot and wifi mode?

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #3,032 of 6,314
Please compare it to Neutron SQ...

I'm confused too... But it's really sounded different... 🤔🤔🤔

Try it with free app first such as Bubble UPnP, mconnect Lite, Hi-Fi Cast, and AK Connect...

Play the same music from your Hugo2go SD Card via Hotspot mode.
calling BS on that.

my use case is playing tidal from mconnect or another while out.... has anyone run tests on streaming services via a upnp app... re sound.

did a quick test tidal via ak connect and mconnect.... couldn't tell a diff... will try some more songs on my hike.

SD card... c'mon!!!!!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #3,036 of 6,314
This is a rave about chargers.
I'm using the Allo Nirvana charger which has two 5v 2.8 amperes outputs. The sweet thing about this charger is that it has a switch for the ground. Not only does it charge both 2go and h2 without a hitch but the ground switch when in on position removes that slight buzz I feel on the h2go chassis with other non - grounded chargers.
Thought I'd put this out there as it might help.
Also I can absolutely vouch for its effect on the sound quality. A big thumbs up.

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #3,038 of 6,314
This is a rave about chargers.
I'm using the Allo Nirvana charger which has two 5v 2.8 amperes outputs. The sweet thing about this charger is that it has a switch for the ground. Not only does it charge both 2go and h2 without a hitch but the ground switch when in on position removes that slight buzz I feel on the h2go chassis with other non - grounded chargers.
Thought I'd put this out there as it might help.
Also I can absolutely vouch for its effect on the sound quality. A big thumbs up.
That's interesting, as I asked a question before for any better power supply charger for 2go, some guys told me as this is an internal battery, there is no difference in sound quality as what charger you used

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #3,039 of 6,314
That's interesting, as I asked a question before for any better power supply charger for 2go, some guys told me as this is an internal battery, there is no difference in sound quality as what charger you used
In my experience the kind of charger used has always had an effect on the sound quality. You are essentially adding an electromagnetic field to any equipment once connected to mains.

Jul 13, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #3,040 of 6,314
I fail to understand how any software sending control signals to H2go to push bits X from the SD Card over to the USB port (NOT transferring to your phone and back) could sound any different than any other software doing the same thing.

Confused,
Doody

Nothing to be confused about. The software can't make a difference if playing music on the SD card

The proof - play some music and then put the phone in airplane mode. The music will continue.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #3,041 of 6,314
So are you saying that Qobuz cannot be used with 2Go directly? How do you connect iPhone directly to HUGO2 to use Qobuz and what soft ware to run Qobuz?

The only way to use the Qobuz app for ios with the 2go is to play to the 2go using airplay or bluetooth

The way to use the Qobuz ios app without the 2go - use the Apple Lightning CCK adapter with a usb cable connected to the Hugo and play to it using the Qobuz app. You can also use bluetooth

The question I was asking was regarding the 2go's built in Qobuz facility and how to control that. I still don't know the answer to that.

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #3,042 of 6,314
The only way to use the Qobuz app for ios with the 2go is to play to the 2go using airplay or bluetooth

The way to use the Qobuz ios app without the 2go - use the Apple Lightning CCK adapter with a usb cable connected to the Hugo and play to it using the Qobuz app. You can also use bluetooth

The question I was asking was regarding the 2go's built in Qobuz facility and how to control that. I still don't know the answer to that.
Not true. Mconnect has Qobuz integration

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #3,043 of 6,314
Not true. Mconnect has Qobuz integration

My post said - "The only way to use the Qobuz ios app"

Mconnect is not the Qobuz app - so you cannot download files from Qobuz for offline play - you can only stream with it.
And Mconnect is flaky - I've never been able to get it to see my 2go. Rigelian and 8player see it fine but cannot stream Qobuz.

I'm looking for an app to control 2go's built in Qobuz player.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #3,044 of 6,314
My post said - "The only way to use the Qobuz ios app"

Mconnect is not the Qobuz app - so you cannot download files from Qobuz for offline play - you can only stream with it.
And Mconnect is flaky - I've never been able to get it to see my 2go. Rigelian and 8player see it fine but cannot stream Qobuz.

I'm looking for an app to control 2go's built in Qobuz player.
Are you sure that 2Go has a built in Qobuz player?

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #3,045 of 6,314
Are you sure that 2Go has a built in Qobuz player?

Yes

Qobuz and Tidal. You enter the login details in the Go Figure app.

@Matt Bartlett - Chord really should have made a companion app for the 2go to play music and use the Qobuz and Tidal facility. Relying on 3rd party apps that are flaky and badly designed was not a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back