Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 12, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #3,016 of 6,314
After some listening... I found Neutron sounded best on Hugo2go... Even better than AK Connect...

The sound quality is just marvelous with deep black background...

The dynamic range, transparency, and soundstage is really spectacular...

You must try it guys...
Just tried Neutron, very serious drop out, any recommendation about configuration?

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #3,018 of 6,314
So it has arrived finally to my country and i can get the 2Go to my H2 now. I just wanted to understand the real benefits of it since i do connect mostly from a laptop with a good (silver dragon) usb c cable, and i can control my entire library trough Audirvana app.

Going out of the laptop is clear to me that audio will improve due to no external connections but i'm afraid to lose the flexibility that my laptop gives me when i brows libraries, adding songs, marking favorites, assigning folders, etc'.

What do you say? does it worth it?

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #3,019 of 6,314
Just a random thought...

If or when a Hugo 3 is released will the 2go be compatible with it? 🤔☺️

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #3,023 of 6,314
I seldom use hotspot mode, but now testing for a period of time with Neutron apps, really seem hotspot has better sound performance comparing to Wi-Fi mode, and also all "pops and clicks" all gone in my case. But of course only access sd card when using hotspot mode. May I ask any user have the same hearing result?

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #3,025 of 6,314
My connection problems have actually got worse since the upgrade.
Has anybody who had connection problems before the upgrade found the issue to be resolved after the upgrade?
In post 2981 @Matt Bartlett said " We are working very hard behind the scenes to investigate the pops and clicks issue", so in post 2982 I asked if there were any plans to address the network dropouts. As expected there was no reply. The network dropouts have become the (white) elephant in the room of the 2Go, the topic Chord know is a major flaw in this product and want us all to just roll over and be tummy tickled on, in the hope we will just give up on a resolution and be happy to get an albums worth of play before having to recycle the power on H2Go to get a fresh connection. The lack of acknowledgement from Chord on this issue post upgrade is rude and arrogant. So please Matt, acknowledge there is an issue and that may suffice for just now at least.

Edit - should have added. Since day one network dropouts only occur for me while I am charging and playing H2Go simultaneously,no problems when playing without charger connected, hence I know it is not a problem with my network.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #3,026 of 6,314
Thoughts on HUGO 3 & 3GO.

Integrated - Next gen product needs to be fully integrated headless streamer/dac/amp
Industrial design - Integrated device can be smaller... make this sleek as F.
Tech - more taps and more powerful amp
App - work with a partner that can nail the SW interface... ideally having some kind of HQ player IOS/Android integration onboard for SW driven mobile upsampling would take this to nxt level. Get a JV going here.

Nuff said... the above would simply be a home run.

Jul 12, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #3,027 of 6,314
Its from Valentinum shop on etsy CA540019-5D03-40F1-B4B3-ECBE2EEF4656.jpeg6DA8E0F5-D506-409B-8A94-B99C5AE7323A.jpeg0040DFB4-B7E5-4D48-AC46-7BEAACCA9D25.jpegm Its my third cover for chord dac from him. My full recomendation. My version is his top model but without the handle it has also detachable cover. I dont think its needed in all use cases but good for those who are disturbed by the lights.
how does this cover detach????

can you show some pictures... thanks!

Jul 12, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #3,028 of 6,314
After some listening... I found Neutron sounded best on Hugo2go... Even better than AK Connect...

The sound quality is just marvelous with deep black background...

The dynamic range, transparency, and soundstage is really spectacular...

You must try it guys...

I use Rigelian. Will try this one too I guess.

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #3,029 of 6,314
I fail to understand how any software sending control signals to H2go to push bits X from the SD Card over to the USB port (NOT transferring to your phone and back) could sound any different than any other software doing the same thing.

Confused,
Doody

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #3,030 of 6,314
I use Rigelian. Will try this one too I guess.

Please compare it to Neutron SQ...

I fail to understand how any software sending control signals to H2go to push bits X from the SD Card over to the USB port (NOT transferring to your phone and back) could sound any different than any other software doing the same thing.

Confused,
Doody

I'm confused too... But it's really sounded different... 🤔🤔🤔

Try it with free app first such as Bubble UPnP, mconnect Lite, Hi-Fi Cast, and AK Connect...

Play the same music from your Hugo2go SD Card via Hotspot mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back