Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 20, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #2,611 of 6,290
I forgot to mention sth on my previous post,. Yes guys, I paid 1000€ + to a streamer which has a DSD support and I'm not able to stream my DSD archive. There is an app but it's only for login details of stream services. If you wanna stream form Tidal, you need mConnect app. If you wanna access to your "One" of two slots you need to use another app which is Rigelian. Moreover, there is no such info to guide the users to these apps. ı found out after number of trials from App Store. These apps are paid of course but not a big deal. If you want to access another SD card , you need to open GoFigure app of chord and change the source sdcard. But it's not always possible to connect 2go via Gofigure app, you need to go bluetooth settings of iOS device and delete from the list and you gotta re-pair your 2go with your iOS device. This is my experience with H2go so far. I don't assume this bugs as a minor product bugs and need to be resolved via firmware upgrade. Some of them are design faults and effect end user experience. ( like microSD access and poor app support)
Some of them are epic fail. ( DSD , wifi/network issues and GoFigure app connecting issue) I strongly advice to Chord company to make a corporation with BluOS or take it as a reference. It works as it should be.
For Gofigure connection issue, they have a update version (ios should be 2.04?), now I have quite smooth connection in these few days, no need to delete connection history and reconnect for the bluetooth

Jun 20, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #2,612 of 6,290
Sorry but this is total nonsense please stop using this particular forum for the promotion of this un warranted parasitic product.

Dear John

I think you overstepped a boundary here - and are just wrong in both your approach and statement. This is not a chord (your) support forum - though it may read like one. It's headfi - a forum for enthusiast who like music, headfi related gear and love to experiment and share their findings. So what if this adaptor is not to your liking. My guess is that he is not selling (or producing it). He is just reporting his findings - isn't this what its all about...

What would be cool - and dialogic - is if you could expand about why you see that this kind of adaptor does nothing to "improve" the sound of the Hugo. I think we all would be very interested in that.

Have a great weekend!

Jun 20, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #2,613 of 6,290
Dear John

I think you overstepped a boundary here - and are just wrong in both your approach and statement. This is not a chord (your) support forum - though it may read like one. It's headfi - a forum for enthusiast who like music, headfi related gear and love to experiment and share their findings. So what if this adaptor is not to your liking. My guess is that he is not selling (or producing it). He is just reporting his findings - isn't this what its all about...

What would be cool - and dialogic - is if you could expand about why you see that this kind of adaptor does nothing to "improve" the sound of the Hugo. I think we all would be very interested in that.

Have a great weekend!
I know people logical thinking all analog outputs are shared in same circuit out, why rca output will be better? This is what I want to know too, but for a user I just trust my ear, and I am very confident to tell everyone that rca output is better than 3.5mm output, and the difference is obvious: better sound stage, low frequency extension. If Chord can provide an even better adaptor for us, I will definitely buy one from Chord, but now many head-fier already tested and experienced this rac out for headphone use, and give positive result, Chord still thinking these adaptors are just bundle of crappy things, that is out of my expectation.

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #2,614 of 6,290
Bill,

I trust my ears, but not exclusively.

I’ve learned a lot from posters’ perceptions and recommendations—-

this is especially helpful when one advises what, exactly, to listen for from a specific piece or song, recording and time mark.

An example — listening for the lingering note from a piano —using the different filters.

I enjoy the encouragement to critical listening.

Jun 20, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #2,615 of 6,290
Very suspect reaction from a company owner. All is not well in Chord land.

Jun 20, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #2,616 of 6,290
I forgot to mention sth on my previous post,. Yes guys, I paid 1000€ + to a streamer which has a DSD support and I'm not able to stream my DSD archive. There is an app but it's only for login details of stream services. If you wanna stream form Tidal, you need mConnect app. If you wanna access to your "One" of two slots you need to use another app which is Rigelian. Moreover, there is no such info to guide the users to these apps. ı found out after number of trials from App Store. These apps are paid of course but not a big deal. If you want to access another SD card , you need to open GoFigure app of chord and change the source sdcard. But it's not always possible to connect 2go via Gofigure app, you need to go bluetooth settings of iOS device and delete from the list and you gotta re-pair your 2go with your iOS device. This is my experience with H2go so far. I don't assume this bugs as a minor product bugs and need to be resolved via firmware upgrade. Some of them are design faults and effect end user experience. ( like microSD access and poor app support)
Some of them are epic fail. ( DSD , wifi/network issues and GoFigure app connecting issue) I strongly advice to Chord company to make a corporation with BluOS or take it as a reference. It works as it should be.

+1 my node 2i has been working flawless since purchase and BluOs is second only to Roon.....

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #2,617 of 6,290
The fact that there is no proper app support, or even guidance for which of the multiple apps you need to buy to even use the product is almost as disappointing as the fact that the unit itself rarely even works.
Can you even imagine the design phase for this?

"So guys, we'll have a control app?"
"Well, yes but it will only connect the unit to wifi."
"Not play from the SD cards?"
"No, you'll need a third party app for that"
"But this third party app, it'll let you stream from your NAS?"
"Er, no. Another app"
"Jesus, but then Tidal streaming as well?"
"Hmm, not sure how to put this, tidal streaming will need yet another app"
"crap, so will we wrap these all up together and instruct our users on how best to set up?
"Well, we thought we'd just let people figure it out for themselves."
"Right. Well I suppose our internal app is rock solid with it's connection, ability to connect to the Hugo and it has a state of the art UI?"
"...................................."

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #2,618 of 6,290
The fact that there is no proper app support, or even guidance for which of the multiple apps you need to buy to even use the product is almost as disappointing as the fact that the unit itself rarely even works.
Can you even imagine the design phase for this?

"So guys, we'll have a control app?"
"Well, yes but it will only connect the unit to wifi."
"Not play from the SD cards?"
"No, you'll need a third party app for that"
"But this third party app, it'll let you stream from your NAS?"
"Er, no. Another app"
"Jesus, but then Tidal streaming as well?"
"Hmm, not sure how to put this, tidal streaming will need yet another app"
"crap, so will we wrap these all up together and instruct our users on how best to set up?
"Well, we thought we'd just let people figure it out for themselves."
"Right. Well I suppose our internal app is rock solid with it's connection, ability to connect to the Hugo and it has a state of the art UI?"
"...................................."

+ 1 for the UI of GoFigure app. I spent 10 min. to find quality selection of stream service. It gives an error which states username or password error, if you don't choose ( it's not easy to find it) stream quality. Probably, Chord couldn't find any 3rd party solution to connect 2go to wifi. They wouldn't publish GoFigure app. Moreover, I'm sure the product would have a button configuration for left/right microSD card selection ( like hold power+filter together). There's nothing more the app can do.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #2,619 of 6,290
+ 1 for the UI of GoFigure app. I spent 10 min. to find quality selection of stream service. It gives an error which states username or password error, if you don't choose ( it's not easy to find it) stream quality. Probably, Chord couldn't find any 3rd party solution to connect 2go to wifi. They wouldn't publish GoFigure app. Moreover, I'm sure the product would have a button configuration for left/right microSD card selection ( like hold power+filter together). There's nothing more the app can do.
2 card slots is another strange design, of course the best scenario should show both card at the same time; second best would be a quick button, just as Burakk said, through the hard button in Hugo, toggle the card select; now the arrangement is bad - through GoFigure apps. I better live with single card slot, as most of the DAP is single card slot (of course most of them have internal storage, while 2go + Hugo2 have not). Remembered Matt@Chord promise will improve the access card issue later in this forum, but again this is not an excuse, this is definitely a design fault, why not fix it before launch the product? Everyone buying 2go complained this 2 card access, can Chord have a thought about customers' feeling?

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #2,620 of 6,290
Sorry but this is total nonsense please stop using this particular forum for the promotion of this un warranted parasitic product.
Did I misunderstand this post or did the actual owner of Chord just parachute into a thread of passionate Chord customers, all of whom have spent at least £3000 on his products and rudely insult a forum member and customer without addressing a single one of the issues we're discussing?

I take it someone skipped the social media training day..?

If we're having senior Chord staff reply here, it would be amazing if someone could address the myriad connection issues many of us are having with the 2go

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #2,621 of 6,290
Did I misunderstand this post or did the actual owner of Chord just parachute into a thread of passionate Chord customers, all of whom have spent at least £3000 on his products and rudely insult a forum member and customer without addressing a single one of the issues we're discussing?

I take it someone skipped the social media training day..?

If we're having senior Chord staff reply here, it would be amazing if someone could address the myriad connection issues many of us are having with the 2go
Just like most of the politicians sidetrack our focus......

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #2,623 of 6,290
99problems2go.JPG

And just like clockwork as I sit here typing, here is my 2go right this minute, in line of sight to my Gigabit router, losing connection as I try to stream via roon.

Nothing else in my apartment EVER has this problem, not phones, laptops, ipads, sonos speakers, smartwatches, games systems, tvs etc.

Right now my kids are out and wife asleep so there is literally no load on the network except me trying and failing to stream a flac file approximately 3 metres...

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #2,624 of 6,290
Guys I understand that some of you are very frustrated but to put it into perspective the vast majority
of customers do not have these issues and are very happy with 2Go. Of course this does not mean that
we have been ignoring the problems you have identified - far from it.
We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get some fixes to you although it is far from
straightforward due to the nature of these problems but also because we have been trying to work
through what has been some of the most challenging times ever due to Coronavirus outbreak.

Anyway the good news is that next week we will be releasing a fix for the pops and clicks issue
and also the Airplay issue.
I know you have reported other problems which we are still looking at but hopefully this will
be good news for most of you.

As soon as I have the release day I will let you know.
I know that some audiophile companies think that they can push the boundaries of financial market logic with each product. And I think they do it deliberately. Still I would say that a small streamer device only compatible with two in-house products that retails for roughly 1200€ should not fail that hard. My device is simply in its box and waiting. Every once in while I check this forum thread if the issues are fixed and walk away disappointed...

Giving triple QC items to reviewers is not cool to get all the customers into buying and then saying "guys chill and ****"

For 1200 € you get a fully functioning 55" 4K OLED TV
For 1200 € you get so much consumer electronics that are tested before release that one really has the feeling that Chord just ignores his customers experience..
It is the worst user experience for that kind of money I ever had with any electronic device. The apps are a joke, the pops are a joke, and this comment is a joke.

Sometime all you have to do is step up and say: Sorry guys we f@cked up .

Not cool.

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #2,625 of 6,290
Perhaps John should take a step back and let Matt be the face of the company on the net as he was promoted into. I have a TT2 on order to go with my other Chord collection. I hope it’s not my last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back