Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 24, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #1,726 of 6,311
Interesting. So the burner phone is just always on, unlocked and showing the play screen. I may go that route in absence of anything better. It would also fix the issue of poor internet on the iphone when hotspotted to the 2go.
Yes it’s particularly for when I’m at work as I can’t be seen to be faffing all day on my phone.

Apr 24, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #1,727 of 6,311
Hello, I am considering buying 2Go for using with Hugo2 and in future would use with TT2 in main listening room, when 2you will be available. I am using Roon at home with DigiPro (Raspberry Pi) and Logitech squeeze box. Please let me know if sound quality would be better using 2Go compared to my streamers. Have good and safe weekend, Audrius

Apr 24, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #1,728 of 6,311
8 Player & Qobuz

I’m not able to stream Qobuz from 8 Player.

the music is “x’d out” with message to disengage “DMR check” in its settings.

turning it off doesn’t change the “x’d” status.

?

Apr 24, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #1,729 of 6,311
@Matt Bartlett understandably a LOT going on at present but can you give your thoughts on the possibility of adding some other way to engage the gofigure features of play/pause, next track. My issue is that mobile devices are terrible for fluid use of an audio device (especially at work). e.g. i get a call while listening how do i quickly pause a track? Mute not an option as i hate burning through songs in the queue. Same deal at the work desk, someone wants a chat so i have to: pick up iphone, unlock, find app, hit pause. The beauty of DAPs is a physical button that is easy and immediate. Same deal when starting music, why not a dedicated way to just shuffle what's on the card/s?
In lieu of physical buttons on the 2go what is the likelihood of any of the following:
1. upgrade remote option which speaks to the 2go through the Hugo 2.
2. ability to use an apple remote (or any other remote).
3. (least preferable) mac/pc app that works just like mconnect, rigelian etc (actually anyone know of one already existing?)

I'll add that the above is all related to SD card playback.

Many thanks!
Hi @hardinge , I'll have a think about this.
Option 1 is not possible as there isn't a way in the DAC hardware to communicate with 2Go. However although not exactly what you are asking option 2 is available in a limited sense with the remote control that comes with Hugo2. It wouldn't allow you to play or skip tracks but it does allow you to mute or change volume in the event of a call coming in on your phone. It won't help with burning through your tracks though. Option 3 is probably the best option and is available with something like J River Media Centre and I think Audirvana now. These apps will run on your computer and allow you to control 2Go and play music from the SD card. I use J River in the office to control 2Go the other side of the room which leaves my phone free for other tasks. If you use Airplay then this isn't an issue as the music automatically pauses when you get a call.

Apr 24, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #1,730 of 6,311
Hello, I am considering buying 2Go for using with Hugo2 and in future would use with TT2 in main listening room, when 2you will be available. I am using Roon at home with DigiPro (Raspberry Pi) and Logitech squeeze box. Please let me know if sound quality would be better using 2Go compared to my streamers. Have good and safe weekend, Audrius

The 2GO, unlike any other streamer, has the ability to recreate the magical sound of vinyl, making your TT2 reproduce analog playback with your digital media.

Apr 24, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #1,731 of 6,311
8 Player & Qobuz

I’m not able to stream Qobuz from 8 Player.

the music is “x’d out” with message to disengage “DMR check” in its settings.

turning it off doesn’t change the “x’d” status.

?
Hi Peter, 8Player does not have the correct license key to play high resolution Qobuz content. It's a better to use MConnect which has Tidal/Qobuz built in or you can use the same mediaserver connection from 2Go. There is a 'lite' version you can download for free to try out.

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #1,733 of 6,311
Hi, with all the discussions about pops and clicks I was not sure if your comment about vinyl was serious or a joke :)

Was a joke :p

Apr 24, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #1,735 of 6,311
Got the 2Go yesterday. The initial set up to connect to my network was quite straight forward. As an iOS Developer, the look and feel of the Gofigure app is hard on the eyes. As the first experience with the product for set up, I imagined better UI/UX for this type of product.

Tried using Airplay, and it was quite unlistenable. Constant noise which feels like data dropouts. There is also a distinct delay between actions in the app, and subsequent response. Hitting Pause, or Play and there is a slight delay. I suspect also that there may be an issue with Airplay and various iOS versions. I am on iOS 13. Don't quite have a device with a lower version to test.

Since Airplay was a no go, I downloaded Roon, which automatically detected the 2Go and it's been smooth sailing from there. Feels like the 2Go Hugo 2 setup via Roon, at least, has a slightly more organic sound, as in less cold, but need more listening time.

Apr 24, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #1,736 of 6,311
Got the 2Go yesterday. The initial set up to connect to my network was quite straight forward. As an iOS Developer, the look and feel of the Gofigure app is hard on the eyes. As the first experience with the product for set up, I imagined better UI/UX for this type of product.

Tried using Airplay, and it was quite unlistenable. Constant noise which feels like data dropouts. There is also a distinct delay between actions in the app, and subsequent response. Hitting Pause, or Play and there is a slight delay. I suspect also that there may be an issue with Airplay and various iOS versions. I am on iOS 13. Don't quite have a device with a lower version to test.

Since Airplay was a no go, I downloaded Roon, which automatically detected the 2Go and it's been smooth sailing from there. Feels like the 2Go Hugo 2 setup via Roon, at least, has a slightly more organic sound, as in less cold, but need more listening time.
Thanks for the feedback so far. I must say that we are not getting the noise issues with Airplay but it is something we are actively looking at. I mentioned this previously but can you see if you get the same noise issue when the Airplay volume is set to maximum and then use the volume control on Hugo2 instead. Also just to note there will be a delay on Airplay as the data stream and commands are buffered as part of the protocol.

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #1,738 of 6,311
By the way after the great video from Darko this week we now have the first review of 2Go in from WhatHiFi.
https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/chord-2go

Good review and well deserved. Despite the niggles that some seem to be experiencing, there is no doubt that H2Go is a game changing piece of kit. I am playing it through a Manley Absolute headphone amp and enjoying the experience actually a little more than plugging directly into my Blu Dave.

Edit - does anyone else find sending Roon to H2Go by Wifi to sound very slightly better than via Ethernet?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #1,739 of 6,311

My issues with getting "noise" on airplay is with volume set at maximum.

Apr 24, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #1,740 of 6,311
I thought I might report back after spending some time with the 2go. I really have mixed feelings about it. In theory it is the perfect device but in practice for me at least it is not working as expected. Maybe it is me - I am not very tech-savvy. My hope about the 2go was also that my family could use it as well. To use it as a streamer dac for my family in our living room and when the kids are sleeping I could unplug it and plug it in my head-fi rig.

But apparently the 2go is a no-go for my spouse at least. Airplay in tidal is full of noise and unstable. We downloaded m-connect and 8-player pro. The m-connect app works but stops playing after the 3-6 songs we have queued up. 8 player is not working at all. When we stream tidal to it it just skips all the songs we have selected. When playing Roon everything is working perfectly. But my initial idea when I bought the 2go was to ditch Roon as I/we do not have a spare computer we could dedicate to the core-duty and we do not have the funds for roon server...

A bug that is very irritating is that on my iPhone SE I can't seem to connect to the gofigure app, but when using my work iPhone which is also an SE I can connect. My wife's iPhone 11 can also connect. It is only my phone - just keep getting that spinning circle. And I tried turning the 2go-hugo on and off many many times plus shutting off and turning on my phone and also shutting the other phones off as well. Nothing works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back