Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 22, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #1,711 of 6,314
I switched to two 512s only to learn that the indexing issue (repeated, up to 40 min) resolved when I ditched the provider’s router.
Yes, reading your post from a few days ago is the reason I haven't yet popped a 1tb card in mine! I imagine I'll put it in (is that a naughty way of saying it?) tonight and wait until the morning for the indexing to complete!

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #1,712 of 6,314
deleted

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #1,713 of 6,314
Matt, thanks for the feedback. Great to hear that it's a software not hardware problem. Also interesting that it's that difficult for you guys to replicate.

Any idea why some folks would see it just on Airplay and some (like me) on any playback? Hope the fix covers all cases of course :)
We're looking at Airplay as well but there is a known Apple bug with Airplay which could be confusing the issue but we are investigating everything in any case.

Apr 22, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #1,714 of 6,314
Aren't you using a 1tb card? In any case I'll test it with the 1tb SanDisk card I have in my phone tonight. Right now I'm using Samsung 512gb cards in both slots. Will report back.
2 x 512 PNY right now - hoping to have some time this weekend to do a load-up and switch to 1 x 1TB (sandisk) + 1 x 512GB.

Will report back. Y'all know how bashful I am :wink:.

Doody

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #1,715 of 6,314
We've just released a minor update to Android Gofigure to fix some bugs that have been identified.
I am getting a strange bug with Poly and GoFigure. My Ipad finds the playlists OK, but on my Android tablet i get this message.

error_message.jpg

Apr 22, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #1,716 of 6,314
I am getting a strange bug with Poly and GoFigure. My Ipad finds the playlists OK, but on my Android tablet i get this message.

error_message.jpg
I’ve had the same problem, but intermittently on iOS. Sometimes my playlists show up and sometimes they don’t. The strangest bug was when I could use the forward/back controls to move through tracks from a playlist that I had started and which subsequently disappeared.

So I don’t think it’s Android specific. Really amateur coding and nonexistent QA from Chord’s developer.

muski

Apr 22, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #1,717 of 6,314
can anyone compare the sq between airplane mode with ethernet in and out ?
i'd expect it to be better with ethernet out as the device is more isolated from the environment and the network card wouldn't be working as hard.

Apr 23, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #1,720 of 6,314
I'm sure it is only RFI, except where I had a long, cheap, optical cable that resulted in horrid audio from the Hugo 2.
A DAC though doesn't "see" a music file. It receives a PCM (or DSD) data stream.

Likewise. I recall that people who had noise issues with the stock PSU, it turned out to be that the noise generated by the PSU was not being picked up by the Hugo 2, but by amps connected to the same power supply! I have all my wall warts on a filtered power board for this reason.

A few weeks ago, I built a very long power cable out of spare, 18AWG speaker cable so that I could hook my system up to a spare socket on the other side of my room. Afterwards, the whole system sounded a bit darker, which suggests I may have knocked out a bit more noise.

I use mains filtered power strips too. I wonder if that is why I never heard Hugo 2 supply noise. However I thought the Hugo 2 supplies are supposed to be RF good.

I have the Olsen Sound Fantastic HF6 https://olsondirect.co.uk/sound-fan...hoke-transient-supressor-hi-fi-audio-pdu.html …. and a Tacima CS947.

When I said the DAC part sees an input. It's an expression, and one I picked up having studied university electronics.

In the case I described where I said a filtered USB input from a DAP = 2Go. The DAC is receiving identical input. Or seeing the same input, as in the DAC does not see noise from the filtered USB input. You could say the DAC has no USB power line input noise.

Apr 23, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #1,722 of 6,314
@Matt Bartlett understandably a LOT going on at present but can you give your thoughts on the possibility of adding some other way to engage the gofigure features of play/pause, next track. My issue is that mobile devices are terrible for fluid use of an audio device (especially at work). e.g. i get a call while listening how do i quickly pause a track? Mute not an option as i hate burning through songs in the queue. Same deal at the work desk, someone wants a chat so i have to: pick up iphone, unlock, find app, hit pause. The beauty of DAPs is a physical button that is easy and immediate. Same deal when starting music, why not a dedicated way to just shuffle what's on the card/s?
In lieu of physical buttons on the 2go what is the likelihood of any of the following:
1. upgrade remote option which speaks to the 2go through the Hugo 2.
2. ability to use an apple remote (or any other remote).
3. (least preferable) mac/pc app that works just like mconnect, rigelian etc (actually anyone know of one already existing?)

I'll add that the above is all related to SD card playback.

Many thanks!

Apr 23, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #1,723 of 6,314
@Matt Bartlett understandably a LOT going on at present but can you give your thoughts on the possibility of adding some other way to engage the gofigure features of play/pause, next track. My issue is that mobile devices are terrible for fluid use of an audio device (especially at work). e.g. i get a call while listening how do i quickly pause a track? Mute not an option as i hate burning through songs in the queue. Same deal at the work desk, someone wants a chat so i have to: pick up iphone, unlock, find app, hit pause. The beauty of DAPs is a physical button that is easy and immediate. Same deal when starting music, why not a dedicated way to just shuffle what's on the card/s?
In lieu of physical buttons on the 2go what is the likelihood of any of the following:
1. upgrade remote option which speaks to the 2go through the Hugo 2.
2. ability to use an apple remote (or any other remote).
3. (least preferable) mac/pc app that works just like mconnect, rigelian etc (actually anyone know of one already existing?)

I'll add that the above is all related to SD card playback.

Many thanks!
My solution is to use an old phone you have about the house just for the purposes of being the remote control. You only need to activate Bluetooth on it.
You can pick up cheap phones second hand for £30.
The phone ends up keeping an almost permanent connection to Gofigure, so start stop is instantaneous.
I Had the same issue as you....

Apr 23, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #1,724 of 6,314
My solution is to use an old phone you have about the house just for the purposes of being the remote control. You only need to activate Bluetooth on it.
You can pick up cheap phones second hand for £30.
The phone ends up keeping an almost permanent connection to Gofigure, so start stop is instantaneous.
I Had the same issue as you....

Interesting. So the burner phone is just always on, unlocked and showing the play screen. I may go that route in absence of anything better. It would also fix the issue of poor internet on the iphone when hotspotted to the 2go.

Apr 24, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #1,725 of 6,314
Hi Matt,
I updated to v83, but still the error message remained.
I rebooted the tablet, and still the message is the same.

Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 10.5 inch.

Any suggestions?
Hi Mike, We will take a look at this. Can you see the playlists on the settings page in Gofigure? It should show you the number of tracks and number of playlists detected. If this is 0 then there is something wrong on the card. With Gofigure open try ejecting the SD card and putting it straight back in again to see if the 2Go rescans and can detect the playlists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back