Choosing portable headphones. Superlux HD661 vs. Beyerdynamic DT235
Oct 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

danyi

New Head-Fier
Hi headfiers,

I'm searching for portable headphones and I would like to ask for your advice. After searching on the site and looking at the available options in my country (Argentina), I've ended up with two alternatives that are similarly priced here and are relatively affordable:

- Superlux HD661
- Beyerdynamic DT-235

I've read mixed opinions regarding the comfort of these heaphones and that the Beyerdynamics seems to have worst isolation than the Superluxes.

I already own the Samson SR-850 and I like their sound, which apparently it's close to the Superluxes'.
I have previously bought the mini foldable AKG K-404 because of its portability but it performs very bad at upper frequencies and are hard to listen to even with EQ.
I've ruled out other budget headphones that are often mentioned at head-fi because they are not available in my country (Panasonic RP-HTF600, JVC HARX700, for example) or are ridiculously priced.
I would like to hear about your experience with the Superluxes and/or the Beyerdynamics to help me choose between them, or other alternatives that you could recommend to me.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 5
im a recent owner of the hd661. you must consider the comfort issue...the clamp of death is real. but mine eased it's fit in about two weeks. i just stretched it on a pillow when not in use. now it's much more comfortable to wear...

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your input, kapitankabasa. It's good to know that the clamping issue can be fixed.
Do you think that the HD661 have enough isolation to be used in the street?

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 5
Yes it can be used in the street but wind can make some noise passing through the C arms so recording in the outside is out of question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back