CHOOSING BETWEEN SONY XBA-3, SHURE SE425, AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-CK10 and FISCHER AUDIO DBA-02 MKII
Nov 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TimTimTim456

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I've been wanting to get a new IEM since my last one (audio tech ATH-CKS77) broke last week. I am presented with these choices: SONY XBA-3, SHURE SE425,ATH-CK10, FA DBA-02 MKII given that my budget is 440SGD (360USD). I listen to mainly pop, alternative rock and a little of everything else.

I read that a neutral sounding, flat frequency response earphone is most desired so which one have a more neutral sound?

Also which of the above earphones have a wider soundstage?

Thanks for helping out as I am new around here 
etysmile.gif
 and pardon me if I used the wrong terms when describing some "audio stuff" 
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 7
While aiming for a "neutral" signature is fine, in the end, it completely comes down to your own preferences. A totally flat, perfectly measuring headphone can sound great for some people, and be absolutely horrid for others. Neutrality doesn't necessarily dictate enjoyment. 

That being said, I think the XBA-3 and SE425s would sound good for your genres. Soundstage would be largest IMO on the XBA-3. If you can stretch that budget by ~$30US, you could get the UE900s or the 4.Ai as well. DBA-02s can be a bit too brutal on most pop recordings, and the CK10s are a bit better for electronica/trance.

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #3 of 7
Ohh...if I'm after neutrality, which earphone se425 or xba-3 will have a flatter response? And which earphone does a better job at noise isolation? How I wish I am living in the USA! In Singapore, the ue 900 costs 600 SGD > < thanks for your help! :D

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 7
se425 is fairly neutral with a slight mid emphasis, se425 with olive was very comfortable for me and isolated pretty well. You should look into buying it in the US through a shipping service (the store ship it to their warehouse and then the warehouse ship it to you with a fee). I got mine from earphonesolutions a while back with a 25% sale, so it was like $225 USD or something. good luck.

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 7
I've heard couple of people on here mentioning bongo and shipito, you can look into them to see if they're good companies...I've never used them because I live in the US, :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back