Choose what IEMs I review next!
Apr 9, 2011 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

mangamonster

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys/Gals!

I've posted quite a few video reviews here over the past year and was wondering what ya'll would like to see me review next! As one can easily get lost in the sea of portable headphones/earphones, I'm also trying decide what IEM (earbuds are also fine) to review next, and this is where you fellow audiophiles come in.
beyersmile.png

I must keep the price under $150 (as my pockets are not in any way deep!) and once I get some feedback of what ya'll would like to see reviewed, I'll stop by my nearest online retailer and pick up a pair. I'll then do a full video review on my Deckhand Davy channel. For those of you who have not seen any of my offerings, please truck on by my tube channel here (or in my sig): http://www.youtube.com/user/DeckhandDavy?feature=mhum or check out my profile and see the review threads that I've created here on the head-fi forums.

I'm looking forward to hearing some great suggestions soon!

Kind Regards, 

Deckhand Davy

*If you are coming from my facebook, twitter and/or tube bulletins in regards to this post, please register with Head-Fi.org to comment if you are not already a member...you won't regret it!.!

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 23
I'll chime in - VSONIC GR07. It fits right into your budget. Other possible alternative includes Phonak Audeo PFE, HifiMan RE262 (best reviewed with an amp though). The upcoming JVC HA-FXT90 dual driver is another interesting IEM I won't mind seeing more review of once it is released at the 20th this month. MSRP is $120 in Japan, but the online price might be cheaper.

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 23
Since I'm quite interested in the VSONIC GR07 I'd like to +1 that suggestion.
cool.gif

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 23
How about the Ety HF5s? Underrated IEMs IMO.

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 23
I just want to thank all of you for taking the time to write up your suggestions and comments!. I'm pretty excited about this because it's something that my fellow head-fi'ers are participating in, and not only that, I'm going to keep the other suggestions in mind as well for future reviews. After reading up on all of the suggestions, it was a tough choice between the B2 and the GR07. I have decided to pull the trigger on the B2. I also qualify for a $10 Nationite coupon that I can use with it, which is really nice.

Hopefully I can get some funds put together for the GR07 in May. The PL-50 and the Ety looks great too and I'm considering that as well (and some double-sided velcro, Mark..hehe).

Thanks again guys and I'll be sure to provide another action-packed video review for ya!! I'll try my best to not disappoint!

Regards,

Davy

Apr 11, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
I just want to thank all of you for taking the time to write up your suggestions and comments!. I'm pretty excited about this because it's something that my fellow head-fi'ers are participating in, and not only that, I'm going to keep the other suggestions in mind as well for future reviews. After reading up on all of the suggestions, it was a tough choice between the B2 and the GR07. I have decided to pull the trigger on the B2.

Woohoo! Great decision! 
wink_face.gif
 I'm looking forward to your review. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back