"Chiunifi" official Chicago get-together November 17th 2007
Nov 9, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #136 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry though that the Strawberry Donuts won't be coming. They are wonderful, but they are a little fragile in some ways due to their weight, and so I'm not really comfortable bringing them to a meet.

Oh well, I was looking forward to hearing them out of the extreme. There appears to be plenty of other listening options anyway. See you there.

Nov 9, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #137 of 150
I'm seriously considering coming. I have a friend who might also like to come, would I have to get him to sign up here in order to be able to attend?

Also, I might be able to bring my Grado SR-225's, but I don't have a proper source or anything. How do these meets work? Does each person get a booth or something? Can I carry my headphones around with me and plug them into others' setups (with their permission, of course) to see how they sound? I'm in the market for a tube amp. I just hope someone brings a Little Dot II++ or mkIII.

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #138 of 150
Hey guys,

I have never been to this yearly event and am planning on going.

STUDENT HERE!
Gear to bring:

5G iPod
im716
Vintage AT 701 *in case people want a "Now vs. Then" compare
PCB Cmoy - can't leave home without it!
eBay Amadana pe-117

* If anyone wants me to bring a well-used Senn 495... just say so!

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #139 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea this is why i am leaving it up to the group, at the event we all will work something out i am sure. its looking up really good and their is a good chance everyone in is walking with something so..

my worry is how Chicago Peeps are down with next year and forming a team together..

Hi Billy, I think that $50 is a bit much and would lower the number of sold tickets. Doing something along $20 each I think would increase the number of tickets sold. For the people that planned on spending $50, I guess they would buy multiple tickets and you would add people that would not be able to spend $50.

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #140 of 150
I will be able to attend. I'll bring my Grado SR-225s and my 5.5G iPod. It's OK if I bring 2 friends, right?

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #141 of 150
Per Todd's inquiry, I have some Balanced Blue Dragon's for HD600-650's which never been used because it turns out that the old Hdrm Home amp was never balanced even though the Neutrik plugs are provided and there's no way to convert it. So I've just sat on them, maybe I'll sell'em. CU there.

S.L.

Nov 10, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #143 of 150
I'd vote for slightly over-subscribing, as there are always some game-day scratches.

Who is bringing the TV so we can have the Ohio State - Michigan game on? (with the sound down, of course
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #144 of 150
Quote:

The attendance list is Full! We are at maximum capacity with well over 30 people.

I will be PMing people who expressed interest in this thread as of now but I really need to cut off the list before it goes nuts..

I can see it now...
Velvet rope
Huge bouncer with a clipboard checkin out your gear to see if you're cool enough to enter...
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #145 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd vote for slightly over-subscribing, as there are always some game-day scratches.

Who is bringing the TV so we can have the Ohio State - Michigan game on? (with the sound down, of course
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I planned it out this way actually, as Some get-togethers I have held in the past seem to turn in a major Rain delay..haha
the headfiers who came in the last few pages will make the over-subscribe for sure, and of last night I hear we may get someone from the New York crowd here also..
there should be three Tv's one in each Room, one is being used for a AKG Hero setup and the other two are yours buddy.

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #146 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see it now...
Velvet rope
Huge bouncer with a clipboard checkin out your gear to see if you're cool enough to enter...
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

If i can pull off the name badge idea (if is the word) then we may have a sign in..haha
"did you bring bhd a birthday gift?"
"sorry your not on the list.."

lol
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #147 of 150
Quote:

If i can pull off the name badge idea (if is the word) then we may have a sign in..haha
"did you bring bhd a birthday gift?"
"sorry your not on the list.."

lol
biggrin.gif

"Will my friend Ben Franklin help you find my name?"

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #148 of 150
So did these meet end up happening? I wanted to go, but I wasn't sure if there was room for me. Plus, I didn't want to drive 40 miles and find out that it was postponed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back