`ChiUniFi 6 Official Thread - June 16, 2012 - Sheraton Chicago Northbrook - 10 am to 5 pm
Jun 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #106 of 162
Quote:
hmm, anyone else coming in from a distance and not have anything to do friday evening? i was wondering if anyone would be up for maybe grabbing some pizza for dinner at like 5 or 6, chit chat about some headphones/music/the meaning of life.

just an idea 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm thinking about just staying the night. I'm up for it. I may go into town to do some record shopping the next day.

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #107 of 162
definitely coming to the meet and super excited about it and I will bring minimal gears 

does anybody have an extra extension cable I can use to plug in my laptop, amp and DAC? 
I do not want to unplugged everything at home to bring mine and do not want to buy a new one since I will have no use for it after the meet 

for laugh: sister thinks that I have lost my mind, driving all the way to Chicago for a meet. 
Original plan was to get the week off and visit family but my boss had other plans

Maybe I am crazy but I stop telling how much my phones cost.  Wonder how crazy they will think I am if they know how much I have spent on this hobby

To my fellow crazy music lovers, see you in Chi town
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #108 of 162
I'm thinking about just staying the night. I'm up for it. I may go into town to do some record shopping the next day.

If all the equipment and raffle prizes get here by Thursday, I might consider it. Howver right now I think some won't arrive unt Friday. That means a three hour drive early Saturday morn
ing.

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #109 of 162
Quote:
If all the equipment and raffle prizes get here by Thursday, I might consider it. Howver right now I think some won't arrive unt Friday. That means a three hour drive early Saturday morn
ing.

ah, that early morning drive was the thing i defintiely wanted to avoid, having to travel a little over 5 hours to be thre by 10am...id rather drive up the day before, and since im staying with a friend up there i dont have to worry about the hotel anyways. but yeah, figured id see if anyone else was doing the same, and thought instead of being bored, we could get together.

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #110 of 162
Going through the same thing. My family thinks I am going nuts. It's kind of funny actually...

To all those who will be there early, I might drive up on Friday. How do you want me to hit you guys up?

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #111 of 162
Oh and i forgot to mention what i would be bringing. Probably just an Audio-GD Sparrow, my JH-13s and potentially a Macbook Pro, that i havent used in some time since i got a desktop, but i will be checking it out and making sure its good to go with all my music and such this week.

Jun 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #112 of 162
hmm, i dont realy want to let the hat out of the bag quite yet, since its not a done deal....but would anyone be able to bring a 4pin XLR to speaker taps cable? like what someone would use to plug balanced headphones into a speaker amp.

i know it would be pretty easy to DIY one up real quick, but i have neither the supplies nor the equipment to do so myself.

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #116 of 162
Quote:

HeadRoom was scheduled to ship the Triple Stack Monday to me along with the HD800 and Audeze.  I dropped them a line to see if it would be possible to switch out one of those for the Shure 1840 since there will be HD800 and Audeze at the meet.  No promises but will let you know if anything changes.

PS:  If you didn't notice on the attendee list, take a look who is listed as 01.  I put our founder as 00.

I just got an email back from Ryan at HeadRoom and they will be able to include the Shure 1840 instead of one of the other headphones.  Their gear still hasn't arrived back from THE SHOW so it will be close but it doesn't look like I will be able to consider coming up on Friday as I am sure I will be waiting for the Shures.

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #117 of 162
Quote:
OK. I'll be happy to bring it. I will have it at Ray Samuels' table so feel free to pick it up there when you arrive.

thanks for the assistance man!

and it seems like it is a sure thing now, im gonna be able to bring along an AMB B24 reference power amplifier to test with the LCD-3s and the HE-6s, i cant imagine this not being an amazing pairing to hear but i guess we will see. Im borrowing it from a fellow dayton head-fier for the meet

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #118 of 162
Quote:

I just got an email back from Ryan at HeadRoom and they will be able to include the Shure 1840 instead of one of the other headphones.  Their gear still hasn't arrived back from THE SHOW so it will be close but it doesn't look like I will be able to consider coming up on Friday as I am sure I will be waiting for the Shures.

Thank you so much!  This is incredible news.

Jun 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #119 of 162
Quote:

I am sorry to report, Ryan got back to me today and it turns they don't have a Shure 1840 available to send to ChiUniFi.  I am sorry guys.  It must be a popular headphone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back