`ChiUniFi 6 Official Thread - June 16, 2012 - Sheraton Chicago Northbrook - 10 am to 5 pm
Jun 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #93 of 162
I'm bringing +2 by the way.  I didn't mention that before.

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #94 of 162
Quote:
I still have the Name badges, and tickets in my trunk from the last event. The exten cords are somewhere in the garage i think..haha

Everything is set with the room, so its a go go go go GO!!!!

Steve I sleep reverse hours then anyone on this planet, will call..and Yes i am coming. You are so Chi-Uni-Fi! 

Thanks Billy, I thought you may have gotten in an accident or something.

I hardly sleep so other than 10 pm to 3 am, I probably am awake.

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #95 of 162
Quote:

ooohhh, that would be cool too. i know ive kind of focused on the Anedio but its always best to hear equipment with your own ears. the DAC 2 or the 202 would be nice to have there, to compare with the Femto Dac as well!

I just got off the phone with Tweak Studio and the Weiss is out right now but there is a chance it will be back in time for the meet.  If available, they will bring it.  They will also be bringing the Burmester Transport / DAC.  Tweak Studio's sources will be paired with TTVY's Apex Arete and Peak headphone amplifiers.  The available headphones will be the just released Sennheiser HD700 Todd commented on recently along with the Audeze LCD2.  It should be a great pairing of the Apex equipment with the Burmester and possibly Weiss sources.

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #100 of 162
Very cool the HD700s and some Apex stuff will be there. I'm getting antsy my friends.

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #101 of 162
Quote:
One of head-fiers has a contact at shure but I don't recall any luck that route, either.

Yeah, for some reason, shure doesnt make a whole lot of effort with the local head-fi'ers .   its a shame.  I think the headphone market is pretty low on their priorities list.  and thats ok.

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #102 of 162
Quote:
Yeah, for some reason, shure doesnt make a whole lot of effort with the local head-fi'ers .   its a shame.  I think the headphone market is pretty low on their priorities list.  and thats ok.

I'm sure that companies order quantities of products like the SRH840 and maybe 940's but the 1440 and 1840 seemed more high-end driven and wouldn't fair well in studio use.  I would think they would want them at meets to drum up interest.  I'd like to hear them, and if I like what I hear I might buy one.  However, I'm not sure if Shure can compete with my favorite ortho's, so hearing one at a meet would be a great way to at least entice me about their product line-up.

Oh well.  

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #103 of 162
Quote:

I'm sure that companies order quantities of products like the SRH840 and maybe 940's but the 1440 and 1840 seemed more high-end driven and wouldn't fair well in studio use.  I would think they would want them at meets to drum up interest.  I'd like to hear them, and if I like what I hear I might buy one.  However, I'm not sure if Shure can compete with my favorite ortho's, so hearing one at a meet would be a great way to at least entice me about their product line-up.

Oh well.  

HeadRoom was scheduled to ship the Triple Stack Monday to me along with the HD800 and Audeze.  I dropped them a line to see if it would be possible to switch out one of those for the Shure 1840 since there will be HD800 and Audeze at the meet.  No promises but will let you know if anything changes.

PS:  If you didn't notice on the attendee list, take a look who is listed as 01.  I put our founder as 00.

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #104 of 162
I will go by the Shure booth at Infocomm this week and see if I can find someone to loan us a pair of 1840's for the meet, but there are very few people still there from when I worked there (which was 1988-1995).

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #105 of 162
hmm, anyone else coming in from a distance and not have anything to do friday evening? i was wondering if anyone would be up for maybe grabbing some pizza for dinner at like 5 or 6, chit chat about some headphones/music/the meaning of life.

just an idea 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back